NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

No vowel Wednesdays.. it'll confuse everyone but be quite a laugh.

The .php BB system has a word filter which could simply replace every vowel into a space. Would take a few minutes to set up.

Also is the chat room popular? I've never used it but think it would be cool to have a weekly meetup and make it an event for everyone to get to know each other better. We'll all be playing on Connect24 soon after all.

No vowel Wednesdays.. it'll confuse everyone but be quite a laugh.

The .php BB system has a word filter which could simply replace every vowel into a space. Would take a few minutes to set up.

Also is the chat room popular? I've never used it but think it would be cool to have a weekly meetup and make it an event for everyone to get to know each other better. We'll all be playing on Connect24 soon after all.

1. Umm no.

2. People use the IRC room instead.

Suggestion.

A Sub-forum for Thread/Forum Games. This forum would not count toward post count, so post-whores wouldnt be too attracted. It could hold games like ;

"Quote the last person and manipulate what they said into something rude"

And

"Word Association"

Etc.

Thoughts?

Don't people only play those 'games' to get their post count up?

I would hope not.

Most people play them because they are entertaining, in my experience.

Post counts not important.

There's an other forum that I frequent (doom9) and I think they use the same forum software. Anyway, they have it set so that if you don't read a thread then it shows unread posts, no matter whether you visit and then visit again in several hours time. In other words, it's annoying that if you quickly visit N-E the next time you visit all the threads are marked as read even if you didn't read them all. Can this be changed?

^ Please god let there be a way to implement this. I quite often quickly check for 5 mins or so before or go to work/out, usually this means just reading over the general chat forum and it always annoys me when I came back again later and all the other topics have been marked read, I feel like I'm missing out!

But then on the flipside, everything is classed as unread and you have to either read through it or go through the faff of marking it as read.

I have just got vista and it has an RSS reader, something I haven't used before, but the n-europe feeds all show with the same heading, am I doing something wrong?

See attached for what I'm talking about...

So like...is it just me or is the banner still the old one on the main NE site? It still just says Home | Chat | Forums, blog isn't in there so the image map is off so if you click on forum the blog comes up. Its ok when i go onto the forums though.

I know this isn't a suggestion but i couldn't find anything for site error reporting.

I'm glad the comments have made a comeback, but would it not be better to have them going from old to new? At the moment the new comments are at the top, and some people reply to earlier comments - so you end up reading the reply before the original post...

I'm glad the comments have made a comeback, but would it not be better to have them going from old to new? At the moment the new comments are at the top, and some people reply to earlier comments - so you end up reading the reply before the original post...

You make a good point, and it will be looked into.

Any movement on a liquid theme for the 1280x1024 users?

By this, I assume you mean a theme where the width is 100%, so those with 1280x1024, 1600x900 etc, would make use of the full width of their browser window? Seems like a good idea, that one. Doesn't the old Black and Purple C-E theme do that?

I use the bluey-grey C-E theme and it is 100%, but it's a shame that I have to use it (I really can't use the N-E theme without it).

It wouldn't be a proper recreation of the N-Europe scheme due to the header, and would be a bastardised version. I'll dig around for it.

Was just wandering if there was a way to ignore threads? Now that the read thread behaviour has changed (which I am very thankful for) I think it would be good if it could be implemented, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has threads that they never read (e.g. Twilight Princess thread)!

It wouldn't be a proper recreation of the N-Europe scheme due to the header, and would be a bastardised version. I'll dig around for it.

It's probably not the way it works but I quickly went into some source code and just changed a load of widths to 100%. (For some reason the background image died.)

fozzermc0.th.jpg

The header image looks decent to me - a bit like a tab on a browser.

If nothing else, it looks better than this:

fozzer2pe0.th.jpg