NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Im sure theres a reason why it wasn't 'launched' a while back but there is now a style called N-Europe (stretchable) which is basically white with the header cut out...you'll see.

Personally I think the "tab like" one is fuglier than Ugly Betty.

Let me know if theres any bugs, then I'll announce it. As people only come here to complain so most people won't realise.

Couple more I've noticed:

There are no last.fm profile things next to posts.

The header image says revolutioneurope instead of n-europe.

I also use the n-europe streched and I noticed that threads with new posts are marked but new posts themselves aren't marked as new.

It's not really down to him. All he did was point out that the system was being abused. I think the forum as a whole were to blame for that one.

Or even a rep system where if you have six colours red, orange, green, bronze, silver and gold.

And two functions +1/-1 and you get to vote once each day. If one person gets loads of 'negatives' they move in the red and certain fuctions of their account gets suspended and when they have loads of 'pluses' they move towards the gold and get certain functions above other people.

I think that would be quite good personally and then it would help maintain the forums itself.

Or even a rep system where if you have six colours red, orange, green, bronze, silver and gold.

And two functions +1/-1 and you get to vote once each day. If one person gets loads of 'negatives' they move in the red and certain fuctions of their account gets suspended and when they have loads of 'pluses' they move towards the gold and get certain functions above other people.

I think that would be quite good personally and then it would help maintain the forums itself.

Horrible idea. The system would get abused.

How was the rep system abused in the first place? I hear about the abuse but don't remember any really. Can there have been so much in such a tiny trial period?

I remember that thread very clearly, but assumed there must have been more for rep to be removed.

Bowser57 says he heard reports about some people asking for rep. Colin says he thinks it could possibly happen. The rep is taken away. Rubbish trial period, leading to rep being taken away because of like 4 posts. Seems like FLinky was in a bad mood for some reason and now you guys won't back down because that would mean losing face in some way.

I remember that thread very clearly, but assumed there must have been more for rep to be removed.

Bowser57 says he heard reports about some people asking for rep. Colin says he thinks it could possibly happen. The rep is taken away. Rubbish trial period, leading to rep being taken away because of like 4 posts. Seems like FLinky was in a bad mood for some reason and now you guys won't back down because that would mean losing face in some way.

Well, i was a bit miffed as this system is used on other forums. For the most part, the system works. Saying that, the forum in question (mxtabs, now sputnik music) have ditched the system. Take one guess why. :heh:

I thought that maybe our system would be used correctly, but it turned out not to be the case. As it says in that thread, it's really not that different to post counts.

The thing is, how do we use a system like a rep system without it being viewed as elitist? With this system, I'd like to see good posts actually get rep points. If thats how it works, then thats fine by me. However, i cannot see it working like that. I had one piece of bad rep by a forum member for locking their thread. That is NOT the way the system should work. Should 10 or so people rep 1 person for making a funny picture? I don't think it should work like that either. I would like to see good rep being given to well thought out posts, (this is a discussion forum, after all) but it never always works like that.

Horrible idea. The system would get abused.

But if you implemnt it in a way like lets say ebay then people wouldn't say anything bad about anything because they wouldn't like to lose privellages.

So it would mean that it would self mod it like.

But if you implemnt it in a way like lets say ebay then people wouldn't say anything bad about anything because they wouldn't like to lose privellages.

So it would mean that it would self mod it like.

If there's a way to self mod, like you say, then it could end up working. At the moment, this is far too much trouble than its worth.

If it can be used well and for its desired purpose, then i'm for it.

The one thing i want for this forum is balance. I've been on other boards where other members just belittle newcomers and make them feel inferior because they're new. I think at the moment, things are fine. If this system throws the balance off, and for the worse, then i won't be for it.

maybe a rep system that only people who have reached 1000 posts (i cant spell the title) can vote on. most of those people don't abuse things.

Then we're back to post counts and elitism from higher number of posts...

Exactly what i was going to say.

This sorta system needs a lot of thought. I don't think we actually thought through including the rep system, so we didn't really take into account what we would do if it got abused.

Post counts didn't work on the weebl and bob forums, so they changed it to rep.

You can give positive and negative, for good and bad posts.

Spam gets negative, hilarity gets positive. First to X amount of positive rep has earnt their place in the hearts of the forumites.

There is no elitism because it is anonymous only to the reciever and giver.

Circle jerking can be stopped by only allowing 1 positive rep from 1 person in 24 hours.

Those with more positive rep have more influence when giving negative/positive rep, those with more negative rep than good have no influence for being **** heads.

If a n00b makes a really good post and all the veterans like it, that person quickly becomes positive.. but if a spammer starts being a jerk then they will get loads of negative from everyone.

This will have no effect on people's attitudes on the forum or posting behaviour. It will simply and swiftly make it clear that spammers will be named and shamed.