NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

we should have a general nintendo duscussion board for things that apply to all parts of the company and not just a specific system. or maybe talk about a game thats on multiple systems (for example Rayman raving rabbids)

With the release of the oprea browser on wii, any chance of a wii friendlier version of the site and boards? no? ok then.

we should have a general nintendo duscussion board for things that apply to all parts of the company and not just a specific system. or maybe talk about a game thats on multiple systems (for example Rayman raving rabbids)

I think if that happened, Wii discussion would quiet down a bit too much.

If a game's on multiple systems, Wii discussion (provided its on Wii, of course) or other consoles is fine.

But, I think Wii discussion sorta acts like an unofficial Nintendo board anyway. Most Nintendo-themed threads go there. So, I think 'watering' it down would just have a negative effect.

With the release of the oprea browser on wii, any chance of a wii friendlier version of the site and boards? no? ok then.

That would be awesome. I'm not very sure what happens in these optimised versions for specific browsers, but I'm guessing the graphics monkeys do. I'll pass on teh message.

Have not used the forums, or even the internet at all, on the Wii, but whats wrong with it. Works fine with normal opera.

Have not used the forums, or even the internet at all, on the Wii, but whats wrong with it. Works fine with normal opera.

It probably doesn't look right on a TV screen.

Edit: hehe, 1337 posts.

the Internet works fine, and forums are easily navigational, however due to a tv's resolution, it requires text to be zoomed to be read. All it would really require is the page width trimming (so no need to pan left/right) and increase in text size. Its just an idea, I don't really see many people using the wii browser all that much.

Is it possible to center the entire site? It looks a bit empty on bigger resolutions.

Both of them if possible, they're the same with.

Edit: I know there's better solutions and more dynamic ways, but centering a page is far more easy I think, and can be undone as easily.

You should give the stretchy forum theme a go. It's not perfect but it's a big improvement for me.

Will impliment it around the new year (I have NYD off, so some time then probably)

Perhaps you could create a 'pop-over' window that shows you when you got a new PM (we got it at SmartSchool (digital school)). Would be handy, since I barely notice new PM's... Just a suggestion, though.

Have a look through the options in your User CP, a window pops up whenever I get a new PM. There's an option for it somewhere.

I thought I'd suggest it here and avoid incurring the wrath of mods if it's wrong, but could we have an N-Europe awards for the best games of 2006? It could be for DS and GC overall, but one award for the best Wii game seeing as it's been out for less than a month.

the 20 kb limit for the sigs is a joke.Any chance of making it 30 so i can actually put my sig here?

The 20kb limit is only for uploads, I think you're allowed up to 50kb for your sig and avatar added together.

the 20 kb limit for the sigs is a joke.Any chance of making it 30 so i can actually put my sig here?

If its the thing in your sig, then the fact a 100x32 image being 30kb is a bigger joke.

mince is coming up as a link for some reason when i use the insert image.any ideas how i can fix this?

Because you are posting it as a link. An image ends in .jpg (or .gif, .png whatever)

the Internet works fine, and forums are easily navigational, however due to a tv's resolution, it requires text to be zoomed to be read. All it would really require is the page width trimming (so no need to pan left/right) and increase in text size. Its just an idea, I don't really see many people using the wii browser all that much.

i don't relly like using the wii browser for forums, typing is really slow i don't mind the zooming in but the the typing is the main problem so it would really be imposible to make a wii friendly forum.

haha yes your right.Looks cool now doesnt it.ha i'll fix it

ta.cheers lads!

Good god thats rediculously oversized. Try this, down from 122kb to 29kb;

mcjhg3.jpg

I would like to suggest that many boards = more posts being overlooked by people.

And fewer boards = more posts getting attention by more people.