N-Europe

Monster Hunter 3G

Dante

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portable Monster Hunter never needs online, because the 4 million japanese players out there are having fun just playing the game with other randoms on the buses, trains, offices etc etc... it saves capcom a lot of money too.

However if this does come out over here, I am very interested in seeing what Nintendo might want capcom to do. Even perhaps adding online play or make it easier for us people to play using something that allows us online.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you were still holding out for a surprise announcement regarding online play for Monster Hunter 3G, it's time to give up. Capcom has posted a response at its support page confirming that the game will not allow for cooperative online play.

As detailed at the support page, the game uses the internet for download event quests. If you want to play cooperatively with other hunters, you'll need to do so locally.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!! :nono:

I didn't play any of the PSP version online so it's not really a deal breaker for me, it just means I can't hook up with you guys for some N-E hunting. :red:

What so terrible, in Japan for a handheld MH game no online mode is no big deal. And in all likely hood 3G won't make it outside of Japan. I bet they are saving MH4 for the big global push and that will (hopefully at least) have online modes in the US and European versions but again it wouldn't surprise me if the Japan version of MH4 was local co-op only again

Someone on Gaf has complied a list of monsters that have been seen so far in the game.

New monsters

Bracchidios

Lagiacrus SS

From Monster Hunter Tri

Great Baggi

Great Jaggi

Qurupeco

Barroth

Gobul

Agnaktor

Rathalos*

Rathian*

Diablos*

Lagiacrus

Uragaan

Barioth

Royal Ludroth

Jhen Mohran

Gigginox

Ceadeus

Sharq

Epioth

Altaroth

Kelbi

Baggi

Jaggi

Jaggia

Ludroth

Uroktor

Rhenoplos

From Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Urukususu

Dosufurogi

Doboruberuku

Hapurubokka

Nargacuga*

Aoashira

Rangurotora

Jinouga

Royal Ludroth SS

Qurupeco SS

Gigginox SS

Uragaan SS

Agnaktor SS

Barroth SS

Barioth SS

Black Diablos*

From Generations 1 and 2

Azure Rathalos*

Pink Rathian*

Plesioth*

Bullfango

* Monsters with their Generation 3 movesets.

Freaking awesome list right there.

2gw51kz.jpg

• 1 month later...

It begins...

Wondering just how big Japan has gone on Monster Hunter 3G? We don't have the official numbers yet, but it seems like the title has already managed to shift 420,000 units. That would be 300,000 standard copies and 120,000 Circle Pad Pro bundles. We'll find out the final numbers later next week.

• 5 months later...

Looks like it's not coming over here at all now...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/29105307/Anything_on_the_news_front_for_a_new_MH_game_in_N.A.&post_num=32?pageSystem=full

Hang in there, guys. Unfortunately nothing's been announced for the West and I can't tell you to hold your breath for E3 either. But Monster Hunter's not done in the West. It's just going to take a little longer for something to hit our shores.

I know it's been awhile since we've had a new MH game, but for what it's worth, it ain't cheap to keep those Tri servers running. Take that as a symbol of our ongoing stake in the franchise until we can get an actual game over here

If it's not being announced at E3, then I think it's safe to say that it's not coming over period.

Fuck you Capcpom! A fucking easy and low budget localisation, where half the work is already done, on a console that's alive & kicking arse and you can't even manage that?! Go fuck yourselves! :mad:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!