NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

I'm actually going to pick up this variant cover for Justice League # 15. It's stunning.

JUSTL_Cv15_var_R1.jpg

Chew #30

daaaammmmnnn

I love this book so much, did not see these latest developments coming

Wow. Really loved Invincible #98.

Super fucking awesome.

Erm. Yeah. Dinosaurus is fucking nuts man. Shit is going to kick off.

Its kind of hinted in this issue that....

Angstrom might make some kind of return. (In this arc I mean). On the one hand, it wouldn't be unheard of for them to put a sub plot not relating to the actual storyline in an issue as part of an arc (although they are usually FAIRLY concentrated, when they do have advertised arcs) but .....from other interviews, they have said that the Viltrumites do play some kind of role in this arc, just not the main focus. Obviously Dino's big scheme is the main focus, do yuo guys think it could literally be a giant convergence of the Dino plot, the Viltrumite plot and the Angstrom plot? That would be some seriously fucking crazy shit....and pretty new too, it really would be a proper....PROPER issue 100.

Definitely my favourite issue in a while.

Also, I have totally said that Rauch is WAY too dull for my personal liking, however;

A) I love LOVE FUCKING LOVE the cover. The colouring is fine/brilliant.

B) I love the next cover too, good colours.

C) Same for #100.

D) The inside colorus for this issue were again, fine in terms of colour brightness, and perfect. I think he might have adapted....if you look at Shapesmith from when Rauch first joined the book, the orange on his costume was super dull (even from the last arc) and in this issue it jumps off with brightness! Beautiful.

Definitely my favourite issue in a good while!

Mark is back!

In Blue!

Wow. Really loved Invincible #98.

Super fucking awesome.

Erm. Yeah. Dinosaurus is fucking nuts man. Shit is going to kick off.

Its kind of hinted in this issue that....

Angstrom might make some kind of return. (In this arc I mean). On the one hand, it wouldn't be unheard of for them to put a sub plot not relating to the actual storyline in an issue as part of an arc (although they are usually FAIRLY concentrated, when they do have advertised arcs) but .....from other interviews, they have said that the Viltrumites do play some kind of role in this arc, just not the main focus. Obviously Dino's big scheme is the main focus, do yuo guys think it could literally be a giant convergence of the Dino plot, the Viltrumite plot and the Angstrom plot? That would be some seriously fucking crazy shit....and pretty new too, it really would be a proper....PROPER issue 100.

Definitely my favourite issue in a while.

Also, I have totally said that Rauch is WAY too dull for my personal liking, however;

A) I love LOVE FUCKING LOVE the cover. The colouring is fine/brilliant.

B) I love the next cover too, good colours.

C) Same for #100.

D) The inside colorus for this issue were again, fine in terms of colour brightness, and perfect. I think he might have adapted....if you look at Shapesmith from when Rauch first joined the book, the orange on his costume was super dull (even from the last arc) and in this issue it jumps off with brightness! Beautiful.

Definitely my favourite issue in a good while!

Mark is back!

In Blue!

yeah loved the issue, didn't see Death of Everyone having such a grand scale :)

I think

Angstrom is just a tease for now, I'd be surprised if he's back within these 3 issues

but yeah issue 100 is shaping up to be a good one :)

Have you been reading Hawkeye? It's been my favourite Marvel book these last few months.

I have heard a lot about Hawkeye, will probably download it as I do like Fraction.

All New X-Men is actually awesome too.

I have been reading Iron Man which is okay. The artwork is bearable.

I read Avengers #1 and that was interesting! Although I don't see how Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Cannonball are gonna be too much help if Hulk and Thor were taken out so easily. :p

I'm trying to catch up on Invincible but unable to find it anywhere. Might have to wait till payday and buy the latest lot then :o

Anyone read the Lucifer series, the one that was a spin-off from Sandman? I read the first three issues and it's enjoyable. It's pretty graphic. Although I'm not too sure why that surprises me, still the whole ass stabbing butt violation with a broken bottle was...dark.

Okay, so I have A vs. X #0 - 12. I know nothing except the very basics. What do I need to know to read this?

10 real years ago, Scarlet Witch went crazy and uttered "No More Mutants" and lots of mutants lost their powers (anyone who isn't popular), and no more mutants were born.

Shit went down.

AVX.

GO!

That all I need to know? Sweet. Was that House of M?

Is the Scarlet Witch Magneto's daughter? Why is she so powerful? Also, who is Hope Summers?

Also, I thought everyone hated Bendis?

On an off topic, I read Kingdom Come today. It was kind of amazing and also kind of not. Also, how on earth was it only 4 issues? Those issues must have been about 48 pages each! Do they even do that anymore, because that would be rad?

Does Alex Ross still do comics (not covers)?

Edited by Daft

well that's the start of it, Cyclops and Wolverine had a falling out over how the younger mutants were being taught which led to them setting up separate teams.

Scarlet Witch is Magneto's daughter, she has powers which can bend reality.

Hope Summers is the first mutant born since House of M, raised on the run by Cable, she seems to be able to copy the powers of any mutant near her.

Yeah you're right with the page count for Kingdom Come, each issue was double sized.

I don't think Ross does interior art much these days, not that he ever really did since his style doesn't really allow for monthly comic work

I loved Ross' Flash. There's something quite tragic about someone who never stops moving, he's never quite completely there.

The Flash rocks.

I also loved the idea of the following generation of heroes losing their way. I think I'll read Superman Bithright next and then may Final Crisis.

I absolutely hate The Avengers. Apart from Spiderman I find nothing even remotely likable about them. X-men, on the other hand, rock.

All the way through AvX I was pro Scott Summers. (Is he related to Hope Summers??)

I have the same problem with Captain America as I do with Hal Jordan, they have about as much personality as a pot of hummus. I wish for them to both go away. Seriously, how many times does Cap have to shout 'AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!'. He just sounds like a Power Ranger.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed that. Minor gripe, I only love the Hulk when Joe Mad draws him apparently.

So tried to get back into the swing of things lately. I missed all of the Regenesis stories with X-Men over the last year, but I get the feeling they weren't essential.

Read all of Avengers vs X-Men (and one tie-in, VS). It was ok. Something off with it all. I dunno. Maybe if I read more of the tie-ins over the long time it unrolled I'd appreciate it more.

Interesting new direction for X-Men with All-New (which I was VERY dubious about and still needs time to sink in) and the upcoming Uncanny.

Randomly about to try X-Treme X-Men for the Dazzler joke.

Not got back in bed with DC yet but might read Death of the Family once it's all out. And need to read up on Wonder Woman.

The colourist of Invincible just came out on Facebook as no longer believing in God.

Oh my god. Its amazing. He is pimp smacking this Christian who started on him. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm probably the only person reading them but Adventure Time did a choose your own issue recently (akin to those 'choose your own adventure' books from childhood). It was totally math.

Adventure_Time_-10.jpg

They also did an amazingly self referential issue a while ago. Meta.

Yeah, it's fucking awesome. Like pure happy.

Question for all you Marvel peeps, how the HELL do you keep track of when issues are coming out? DC I get because everything has a designated week and it's an issue a month but Marvel is all over the place. Like I swear there were 3 All New X-Men issues in the space of five weeks. I mean the quantity is awesome and I'm fucking loving BAD ASS Cyclopse and everything but damn, if I weren't downloading them I'd be lost.

Also, one thing I love about Marvel that I have no idea why DC don't do it, is give a summary of what the shit is going on at the beginning of each issue. My memory is turd and from month to month, and with the number of comics I read, I forget details.

Marvel double ship a lot of titles (two issues in a month) so there's no set weeks of the month for their titles unlike DC

The only way I keep track is either by checking Midtown Comics lists which are updated on Wednesday night for the next week or Comixology has a pulllist service that sends you an email the night before reminding you of which comics you read are coming out the next day link here

yeah Marvel's "previously in" summaries are pretty good, they were amazing in Kieron Gillen's Journey Into Mystery run :)

Yeah, it's fucking awesome. Like pure happy.

Question for all you Marvel peeps, how the HELL do you keep track of when issues are coming out? DC I get because everything has a designated week and it's an issue a month but Marvel is all over the place. Like I swear there were 3 All New X-Men issues in the space of five weeks. I mean the quantity is awesome and I'm fucking loving BAD ASS Cyclopse and everything but damn, if I weren't downloading them I'd be lost.

Also, one thing I love about Marvel that I have no idea why DC don't do it, is give a summary of what the shit is going on at the beginning of each issue. My memory is turd and from month to month, and with the number of comics I read, I forget details.

I have never seen anything like All New X-Men, it is absolute INSANITY. And Iron Man. Although Iron Man is more easily explained as its Greg Land, but All New X-Men has one of the industries best artists on it. Issue 5 came out today. He must have literally started three - four months in advance, and not actually stopped. Crazy. (It will/does have fill in artists though).

Keeping up with WHAT HAS ACTUALLY COME OUT is the easy part, its keeping up with what the fuck has happened thats tricky heh heh.

Anyway, there are two things that you can do, and probably should do to know the schedule. One is for fun and the other just useful.

Fun;

You should watch Stadium Comics unboxing Wednesday. Its a comic shop in Canada and they unbox every week and show what they've got. Basically they are utterly brilliant and I love them. Its really funny too, and they just seem like awesome people. Also, I'm not in it by name, but they mention me in this episode, I'm sure you can guess who they are referring to. Check it out;

And the other place is previewsworld.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/952

You want to click on "New Releases" or "Upcoming Releases" on the left side, under release info. They update about 1.5 weeks in advance of upcoming releases.

I didn't even read that you said they referenced you and I knew it was you anyway. I was just, 'That'll be Rez.'

I love All New X-Men and I still violently hate The Avengers.

I forgot to pick up Aquaman #14 when it came out and then couldn't find it anywhere so when I was in Forbidden Planet I picked up the pencil sketch variant cover. ANNOYING.

Anyone reading Throne of Atlantis? I'm loving it. Obviously because Aquaman is awesome. Arthur is like Batman if Bruce wasn't an introvert asshole. I like how they're so similar but polar opposites. They're basically both kings of their respective homes - Arthur gave his position up, Batman took on all of Gotham's responsibility. Batman has two distinct dual identities, Arthur/Aquaman are one and the same. Arthur has a stable relationship with a kick-ass woman, Batman has flings and a bastard child. Batman never asks for help, Arthur will. Batman thrives on fear, EVERYONE makes fun of Aquaman.

...Why am I talking about Aquaman again...

I really need to catch up on Swamp Thing and Animal Man.

I also picked up Hellboy in Hell #1 and #2 and The Flash #15, because when it comes down to it The Flash is too cool.