NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Injustice #12

What is Wonder Woman's problem? I've never disliked the character so much.

Just read it. She's a grade A bitch. Seriously, if something isn't controlling her, she has been horrendously written. Also, how the Justice League go along with it is bizarre, at that point how are they any better than the Joker.

I wish Aquaman was more like this in the New 52, or at least they start to expand on the political aspect of him being King of the Seas.

Carrie Kelley is the new Robin?

BMROB_Cv19_ds074353--525x400.jpg

In this new iteration, Carrie is a little bit older than she was in “The Dark Knight Returns” and its 2001 sequel, but her personality remains very much intact.

"She's a college kid who's got spunk and speaks her mind,” said writer Peter Tomasi. “This is not an alternate-earth Robin, this is simply a girl named Carrie Kelley, who we learn knew Damian, which in turn weaves her into the fabric of the DC Universe for the first time in 25 years.”

So is she the new, official Robin or not?

But Tomasi promises that Carrie Kelley’s arrival is no mere stunt, or dream, or what-if story.

“It's all real,” he said. “It's all in continuity. It's all part of the Batman universe in the here and now. Carrie Kelley has found her way into The New 52 and she's here to stay - in what capacity is anybody's guess - except mine of course.”

I hope this is late Aprils fool joke.

I was never a massive fan of her in DKR but I wouldnt mind at least seeing her in this. It needs something done at the moment to get me interested again.

I like her a lot, even more in the animated DKR movie. I have no issues with her being Robin but its more likely she plays more of a side roll.

You know that new Harper girl is going to become Robin.

I think they'll make Tim Drake Robin. He hasn't been in Nu52.

I think they'll make Tim Drake Robin. He hasn't been in Nu52.

Well he kind of was, he decided to be Red Robin when he was Batmans partner for a year.

The covers to Justice League #22, Justice League Dark #22 and Justice League Of America #6 for July = The Trinity War.

image2.jpg?802b89

So Dr. Arthur Light is a hero now than Kimiyo Hoshi? :hmm:

Urath.

I have started Invincible, it is nice. I want more.

That is all.

Urath.

I have started Invincible, it is nice. I want more.

That is all.

Which issue are you upto @Rummy?

Started reading Amazing Spider-Man again from the very beginning the other day. Doing better than I usually do before I give up but I'm still struggling with the older style writing. Im so sick of being told whats going on! lol

DC doesn't like to answer hard questions about the company.

CBR News

Editorial Note: With regret, CBR News has to inform our readers today that there will no longer be a "B&B" column on the site after only four short months.

When CBR proposed the idea of a regular column with DC's executive staff, our stated intent was for the feature to be a place to connect the decision makers at the publisher with the wider comics community. Aside from product and story information, discussing the industry news and debates of the day was something we always planned to focus on both in the regular interviews with Harras and Chase and the monthly fan Q&A. However, the DC team has made it clear to CBR that discussing some of the more controversial debates surrounding the company and the comics community is not something they feel comfortable doing in this format, and ultimately they decided to no longer participate in this feature.

Specifically, Harras and Chase declined to comment on questions about DC exclusive talent Jerry Ordway in regards to his statements about his work with the publisher. (Though it should be noted that DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee did discuss the matter in a recent CBR TV interview)

"After ensuing discussions on the matter, CBR regrets that DC has decided not to continue what we consider a valuable discussion for readers, retailers and creators. We will however continue to cover the company's comics, editorial moves and broader impact on comics to the best of our ability – including future interviews with DC executives and editorial staff as they are willing and available".

Now that ive finally sorted out my bookcase a bit I decided to order myself some new trades

2775555_2.jpeg.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpgSTK519365.jpg.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpg

2737195.jpeg.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpg2775531.jpeg.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpg

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys! We need more comic talk in here.

I think ive asked before but its worth asking again. Now that we are a good amount of time into DCnU are you still enjoying it and what are you liking/disliking from it?

I'm a relative n00b but I still love a lot of the New 52.

I still get,

Wonder Woman

Batman

Batman & Robin

Aquaman

The Flash - Story not great. Art is stunning. Love the character, in any case.

Justice League

I've dropped a load but I've also started to pick up,

Justice League Dark - I love this. Used to hate magic in comics. I love Zatanna.

Constantine - I think the art is awesome.

Green Arrow - Ever since Lemire and Sorrentino have been on it, it's been brilliant. Proper noir feel.

Justice League of America - It's not bad but I don't know if I care.

I wish DC would have less goddamn Bat-books. Both Wonder Woman and Aquaman could do with a second book. One following Mera and the other to help wold build Wonder Woman a little more.

Started reading Amazing Spider-Man again from the very beginning the other day. Doing better than I usually do before I give up but I'm still struggling with the older style writing. Im so sick of being told whats going on! lol

I know what you mean. Almost every frame is an explanation of how they got their powers/what power they're using/how it's helping/what it does etc. It ruins everything. Last vintage issue I read was of Spiderman vs Daredevil due to this Ringmaster fellow.

"With my special senses I can tell there is a *SOMETHING* coming towards me, even though I can't see it"

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE.

Just finished reading Superman: Secret Identity again. Still such a good book, probably one of my favourites. I'm glad DC decided to reprint it, I'd been trying for quite a while to get hold of a copy.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys! We need more comic talk in here.

I think ive asked before but its worth asking again. Now that we are a good amount of time into DCnU are you still enjoying it and what are you liking/disliking from it?

I've dropped a lot from the Nu52 since they keep chopping and changing writers/artists. I'll be dropping all the Green Lantern books once this arc is finished and Johns leaves.

Mainly the Bat books I read plus Flash, Aquaman, GL (for now), but going to end up with less since I've been spending too much.

Marvel have done a lot better with Marvel Now in my opinion, but they're now putting out 18 issues a year on most of their big books so probably going to drop a few from them as well. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by Bendis on the X-Men books, been really enjoying All New and Uncanny. Hawkeye (by Fraction and Aja) is absolutely outstanding as I've mentioned in this thread before. Oh and Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen (ex-Eurogamer writer) and Jamie McKelvie is good as well.

My favourite books though are mostly creator owned, stuff like Saga, The Massive, Fatale, Morning Glories, Invincible, Walking Dead, Hellboy (plus spinoffs), Manhattan Projects.

There's too many good comics out there at the moment!

Especially when I'm trying to save up for SDCC! ;)

Any of you read any of the Black Widow solo stuff? Just looking for some new trades to get that I haven't read before.

good choice with Hawkeye :)

definitely my favourite Marvel comic at the moment, can't comment on Black Widow as I've not read it :)