NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

FUCKING FINALLY PICKED UP.

Expect a barrage of posts from me in this thread soon.

To start off with though, I am eager to hear what you all thought of Invincible #100?

@gmac

Lol.

Holy shit @ Injustice #3.

Holy fucking shit. That is dark.

I loved it.

Superior Spider-Man #2 was pretty much bollocks IMHO. Its a shame that these last few issues have featured (and promise to feature) cool obscure villains that I love (and like...Cardiac coming up) but the rest of it is dross. Just not enjoying it. Ryan Stegman is either not being inked or is inking his own stuff (or the inker is uncredited), either way it looks rushed, scratchy and....unfortunately,...bad in some places. Obviously Marvel's fault due to deadlines, his work on Scarlet Spider looked excellent.

Since Brand New Day....loved the beginning, really liked American Son, The Gauntlet, Grim Hunt and the beginning of Big Time was hugely promising but quickly tailed off. I am finding Slott a bit hit and miss....his affection for the FF damages the book at times, but more than anything, I have now been reading Spider-Man 616 for about 8 years and it goes round and round and round in circles.

Getting as boring as fuck. Needs drastic changes IMHO.

Edited by ReZourceman

OMG @ Injustice #4

I love how calm Superman looks. He's not gone fucking schizo like usual, he's just seething with rage. And that last page, what the fuck?

Just read it and O.M.G.

Batman sounded so confident and then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

That'd be the end of the Joker.

Just read it and O.M.G.

Batman sounded so confident and then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

That'd be the end of the Joker.

I know! That was probably the most heart breaking thing. Batman is usually so grim but he has absolute faith in Clark.

Like I said, I just loved how calm he was. In one moment Supes goes from being leader of the team, an icon to hope and all that, to a place (emotionally) that no one can possibly understand. His wife, child and city are just gone. And after mourning he leaves makes his way to Gotham, deals with Hal calmly but with absolute authority - so awesome.

Joker has to come back though, he's in the game. Maybe Batman will use Wayne Tech to do it to try and preserve Superman's morals.

Also, Green Arrow #17 was excellent. Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino are brilliant. Lamire is great and Sorrentino's art give the whole thing a nice noir vibe to it. If it carries on like it started, this'll be one of my top picks.

Edit: So what does everyone reckon about what's going to happen in Batman #17? What's under the tray that Joker is showing everyone?

I reckon he's killed Talia al Ghul or that the original Joker is dead and this is a new crueler Joker.

Edited by Daft

I know! That was probably the most heart breaking thing. Batman is usually so grim but he has absolute faith in Clark.

Like I said, I just loved how calm he was. In one moment Supes goes from being leader of the team, an icon to hope and all that, to a place (emotionally) that no one can possibly understand. His wife, child and city are just gone. And after mourning he leaves makes his way to Gotham, deals with Hal calmly but with absolute authority - so awesome.

Joker has to come back though, he's in the game. Maybe Batman will use Wayne Tech to do it to try and preserve Superman's morals.

I think the Joker being in Injustice is during a Flashback which I guess makes sense, not everyone will read this stuff and they'll do some kind of recap.

Edit: So what does everyone reckon about what's going to happen in Batman #17? What's under the tray that Joker is showing everyone?

I reckon he's killed Talia al Ghul or that the original Joker is dead and this is a new crueler Joker.[/color]

Alfreds head probably

I think that's a little too obvious, tbh. Maybe, though.

I think the Joker being in Injustice is during a Flashback which I guess makes sense, not everyone will read this stuff and they'll do some kind of recap.

Yeah, good point.

I WANT TO SEE AQUAMAN.

you are probably right that its too obvious, but i'd bet its a head of someone formerly close to Bruce/Batman, but would they kill off a popular character for this? Alfred or one of the "Robin's" are more likely than others i'd have thought

Well one of them is revamp of two-off issue from the 70's.

250px-Greenteamdcu0.jpg

contains Bat-IronWingMan, new Batman of Earth 2, Beast Boy is green again and classic Powergirl costume

:) while also temporarily taking over supergirl title in her Supergirl earth 2 costume.

Batman #17 is amazing. Made me feel sad.

Thought Superior Spider-man #3 was excellent, especially after a pretty meh second issue. The end with Vulture is brutal and excellent. I kind of wish this stayed the status-quo for a long while.

So...wut...is Damian being killed off?

I don't read Batman Inc anymore because it blows. I do read Batman and Robin though.

Tell me about it! it obviously means the end for the Batman and Robin series.....unless they are going to shoe horn in a new robin.....but i thought half the issue for killing him off was too many robins

Kind of overshadows Death of the Family, too. This is so lame, he's the only Robin I ever read in an on-going.

...I wonder how they'll bring him back.

Kind of overshadows Death of the Family, too. This is so lame, he's the only Robin I ever read in an on-going.

...I wonder how they'll bring him back.

if they were going to do it they should have done it as part of death in the family, it would have been just as dramatic if not more so, and would have made sense

What they've done just is pathetic, like they'd run out of steam with Damien or just wanted some sort of shock tactic to boost sales.

Gonna have to go buy it tonight, find out how bad it actually is

I'm not going to bother buying it. DC can swivel on it.

Injustice #7 was bleedin' excellent. I love it when dumb characters get utilised in a way that actually makes a crap load of sense.

Mirror Master. He seems so dumb but actually, as a government spook/mercenary...he could be awesome.