NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

So after everything that's happened, Batman & Robin #17 (which I only just read yesterday) is heart breaking.

Batman and Robin is to be retitled as "Batman And..."

# 18 Batman and Robin (all-silent issue)

#19 — Batman and Red Robin

#20 — Batman and Red Hood

#21 — Batman and Batgirl

#22 — Batman and Catwoman

#23 — Batman and Nightwing

I think I'll probably drop it then. Fuck you Grant Morrison.

i already buy to many comics so i will happily drop that one now, since its basically a team up of the week comic special now

Aquaman #17 is ace. The eco-warrior is back. Also, Green Arrow #18 is brilliant. So glad they finally got a good creative team on it. The art is awesome.

*Still angry and sad Damian Wayne is dead.*

DC Comics announced this morning that Scott Snyder next major "Batman" story (11 issues) will be set in the past called "Zero Year".

DC sure like messing with Batmans continuity. :hmm:

Worrying about continuity in comics is the most pointless thing ever.

I'd retcon Damian Wayne's death in a second, if I could. And then stop Grant Morrison from writing any of my favourite characters. I fear his in-development Wonder Woman story. Tomasi's Batman & Robin has probably been at least as good as Snyder's run. Can you tell I'm still annoyed that Damian Wayne is dead?

JAN130233.jpgBMROB_Cv18.jpg

Batman & Robin #18 this week, solicitation describes it as 'the BATMAN AND ROBIN story of the year!'. Y U DO THIS TO ME DC?1 WAAAIYY!?

Everyone keeps talking about the death of Damian, so I looked up a summary of the issue to find out what was going on, and it was like, a dream inside a dream and then there was another dream and everything was fine at the end when there was yet another dream?

I have no idea.

That wasn't Damian's death, that was just a post-Death of the Family issue. It was an amazing issue, though. Not just as an epilogue to DOTF but considering its Damian's last B&R before he kicks it it's pretty sad.

That and the Batman & Robin annual were brilliant. Kind of reminds me of Buffy where everything is cool and everyone is happy and then BAM! Buffy's mum is dead.

Oh, it wasn't even the same book! No wonder I was confused.

Okay, I'm all caught up now.

That and the Batman & Robin annual were brilliant. Kind of reminds me of Buffy where everything is cool and everyone is happy and then BAM! Buffy's mum is dead.

Or when Anya just got sliced in two when nobody expected it (at least not like that)

in case people don't know all of Marvel's #1 issues are all free on Comixology until tomorrow, this includes all of the recent Marvel Now relaunch titles.

Or when Anya just got sliced in two when nobody expected it (at least not like that)

Anya! I miss Anya. I think I'm going to start rewatching Buffy.

I really hope Batman goes off the fucking deep end. Todd dying is one thing but Damian was his son so you'd expect it to fuck him up and start being even more brutal to his enemies.

Anyway Ra's should steal Damians body and dip that little git in a Lazerus pit because you know Bruce wont do it.

I would happily accept a ridiculous story where Batman literally goes through Hell to bring Damian back from the dead.

---

OMG, this is amazing.

"[batman]'s neurotic! DC characters, I don't know..."

I would happily accept a ridiculous story where Batman literally goes through Hell to bring Damian back from the dead.

Well in BATMAN AND BATGIRL #21: "What deal would you make to bring someone back from the dead? And in this issue, it’s Batman vs. Batgirl!" And it sounds like Batgirl stops him. :sad:

BM_BG_Cv21.jpg

Preview of Batman and Robin #18 & interview

The title Batman and Robin changes next month, yet the team-up theme will continue. Starting in issue 19, the book becomes Batman and … and features Red Robin, Red Hood, Batgirl, Catwoman and Nightwing joining the Dark Knight in upcoming chapters.

Tomasi and Gleason have a big story in the planning stages "that spins out from all this craziness," the writer says. However, he'll only reveal for now that the next few issues will have Batman dealing with the five stages of grief "in his own inimitable way with several characters of the Bat-family in unexpected twists."

Edited by Dante

I saw that. Don't want to get my hopes up. Yeah, I said I was going to drop B&Whoever but Tomasi has been awesome so I'll stick with it for a while.

It just kept heaping on the feels. I teared up. That last page is indescribable.

Batman & Robin #17, the annual and #18 have probably been the best and most emotionally traumatising run of comics I've read.

Court of Owls was awesome but since then I think Batman & Robin has easily become the best Batman comic.

Gonna download that stuff. Does it go Batman Inc and then Batman and Robin in terms of chronology?

Yeah and, I loved Court Of Owls, but Death Of The Family was pretty boring. I have not read the finale, but it doesn't seem to have delivered on the promise....