NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Annuals are special followup of some comics issues without using numbers to fillin the blank market sales of the fifth week for stores.

xnsr4m.jpg

:sad:

So they aren't standalone?

Also that Booster Gold thing is kind of hilarious.

don't know how long this will last, but you can get the Kindle edition of the first arc of Detective Comics for 77p on Amazon just now

link here

Does anyone actually care about continuity? I pick-n-mix what's in my continuity.

Just read Dr Manhattan #2. I absolutely love it. The first two issues have been brilliant.

This will probably give everyone a heart attack but I'd love to see Dr Manhattan collapsed into the main DC Universe.

Edit: Also, Batman #13 is superb. The bit in the police station is terrifying.

Edited by Daft

My comic guy has just gone off to NYCC, no way am I missing out on Batman for a week. Gonna head down to my local tomorrow and pick it up.

My Walking Dead Compendium 2 arrived last night. SO EXCITED! Though I've kinda forgot what happened in the first one except ...

Everyone dies. All the time.

Mine arrived yesterday, too. Still haven't started the first compendium.

tumblr_m7wms1maPG1qevq2ko4_250.gif

Thought Justice League #13 was awesome. Also, it was Hal Jordan-less. Coincidence? I don't think so. Wasn't really a big fan but I kept picking it up because it's JL and it's the only place I can read Superman and not die of boredom. But yeah, this issue was really good.

Invincible was soooo good. Some awesome revelations and a massive dangle of whats to come. God. #100....best comic book ever?

So I finally caught up on Aquaman (Issues 7 through to 0) and I love it but MYGOD is it the slowest thing ever. More happens in an issue of Wonder Woman than in six issues of Aquaman.

Next thing I need to catch up on is Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Can't remember where I was with those exactly, though.

Yeah Aquaman is definitely slow, but I have less of a problem with these arching arcs when the art is so awesome.

Don't get me wrong, if I got it as a trade it'd make me explode. Just frustrating reading it month to month.

SO, I have ventured away from DC for once. Anyone pick up Bedlam #1 from Image Comics? I picked up a signed copy with the Forbidden Planet variant cover because I'm swish. Really loved it. The art is amazing.

Anyone else?

yeah I picked up Bedlam as well, drawn by Riley Rossmo, who is one of my favourite artists so not one I was going to miss!

I really liked it, great concept, the flicking back and forth between storylines was well done, can't wait for the next issue in 4 weeks :)

I was singing Bedlam's praises when it was first announced because I am a comic book predicting amazing.

Sooooo..... Did you like it?

yeah I picked up Bedlam as well, drawn by Riley Rossmo, who is one of my favourite artists so not one I was going to miss!

I really liked it, great concept, the flicking back and forth between storylines was well done, can't wait for the next issue in 4 weeks :)

I loved the start, the whole set up with the police call. It was a pretty hefty issue, I'm assuming from now on it'll be half the length of that?

Sooooo..... Did you like it?

I loved the start, the whole set up with the police call. It was a pretty hefty issue, I'm assuming from now on it'll be half the length of that?

yeah the first issue was double sized, but Nick Spencer regularly has issues that are longer than your standard comic book length of 22 pages

Hmmm, so Hellblazer is getting canned. I've never read it but I've always wanted to, just not really known when/how to jump on. So I'll be picking up Constantine when it comes. Still, wish they kept it Hellblazer.

It'll probably be really dubbed down, which is lame.

I'm really enjoying Lemire's run on Justice League Dark. It could do with being a little more graphic. I also love Janin's art but I don't think it's generally very popular.

Getting like....two months of comics tonight. I'm excited. Finally catching up with The Walking Dead, Green Lantern, etc etc etc.

Spider-Man #698 Spoilers.

Stupid.

Has no impact as it will get retconned in less than a year. All hail the return of Peter Parker. Retarded. Silly. Its a shame. I just can't bring myself to enjoy something that means less than nothing.

*Doctor Octopus somehow switches brains with Peter Parker* on his deathbed. Meh.

So, I'm going to take another shot at getting into Marvel. This Cyclopes turning bad storyline intrigues me. Where do I start? What should I read?

Astonishing X-Men to get a feel for Cyclops.

Avengers VS X-Men to see him turn bad.

Current stuff - Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men.

Other MARVEL stuff you want;

Uncanny X-Force.

Cool, cheers! How many issues are they all at?

Have you read Irredeemable? Just download a few issues.

I like Mark Waid but I pretty much hated Irredeemable. Too many characters, too average.

Astonishing X-Men, only bother with 1-24.

AVX is 12 issues long.

Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men are only one issue in.