NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I finally gave my iTunes a good clear out, got rid of the clutter I'd accumulated from downloading entire albums instead of just singles and also restored a BUNCH of songs that I hadn't realised got removed from my phone because I moved a load of folders around on my computer.

Now I'm being blown away by tons of stuff I forgot I had, like Ken Hirai, old Daft Punk (namely HOMEWORK) and... JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To say I'm madly in love with G-Dragon right now would be understatement of the century

Been sitting listening to bits and pieces from After Dark 2, the compilation album put out by the Italians Do It Better record label (which is essentially Johnny Jewel's playground seeing as he's in a lot of the projects coming out of there) while doing marking in the office and these two tracks have been keeping me sane through some truly dreadful essays from 1st and 2nd year psychology undergrads.

At first, I wasn't sure about the vocals and was mainly digging it for the beat but now I just love the whole thing.

Well, it's Chromatics so what's not to love about the track. Pretty much hooked instantly.

Certainly makes a very nice change from having to pick out and playlist cheesy 80s and 90s music for a Christmas party.

This has been stuck in my head since I decided to watch Donnie Darko for the umpteenth time on Sunday night and has consequently been on repeat (along with various other Tears for Fears song) ever since.

I downloaded a Pet Shop Boys album last night and forgot how good this song is:

I just love @Ashley 's voice in all their songs.

Go West [midlands] - Life is peaceful there

Go West [midlands] - In the open air

Go West [midlands] - Baby you and me

Go West [midlands] - This is our destiny

Not my usual kind of thing, but atm this:

It's gentle on the outside, but crushing on the inside. Or maybe I'm just getting old and soft.

If Jet Set Radio was French, these would be on the soundtrack.

Edited by Goafer

Pretty much obsessed with Foxes at the minute.

Most people have probably already heard 'Youth' due to its use on the Debenhams advert over Christmas.

Tune - but strange vid!

Fan made vid for Beauty Queen - but brilliant.

And her new single - she is a total babe, right?!

YES. Really liking her and looking forward to her album. She looks like Lana Del Rey and Zooey Deschanel in one. :love:

I thought she'd be up your street MadDog!

She's definitely my fave new pop star. Cannot wait for her album!

Stumbled across this a couple of weeks back and love it. Was a fan of some of his other stuff, like the song Five Seconds which was one of my favourite songs from 2012, so always nice to hear new stuff that's as good as that :D

And then there's this. Only picked up Jon Hopkins' new album on a bit of a whim but totally fallen in love with it (easily become one of my favourite albums of last year) and this song is just incredible. Definitely has a Sigur Ros feel to it and I'm sure they'd be happy to have it as one of theirs.

The filthy trumpets, the weird suit, the wonderful dancing, and headband, so many conflicting emotions, yet I just love it.

Gearing up for the new Beck album in a couple of weeks and so far, the songs that have been released are sounding great. Really looking forward to the full thing on the 24th.

Also listening to a bit of Phantogram. Haven't really taken to some of their new stuff as it's been a little disappointing considering just how much I loved the Nightlife EP but I'm liking this track a lot.

I can't stop listening to this, what a beautiful man.

Also this, but mainly for that damn cute bear

Just discovered Broken Bells and this is a stand-out song by them

Glad to see someone else listening to BB. Don't think I've met anyone else that listens to them!

Addicted to Bleachers' 'I Wanna Get Better', can't wait until the EP comes out. Jack Antonoff is an amazing person, so here's a video of him in a bath for some reason:

(I also just found out he used to date ScarJo. I hope it was when he used to look like this)

It only seems like 2 months ago they released their latest album (Oh wait, that's because it was :P) But B1A4 are back - Man, I can't breathe. This time a mini-album for Japan, but amazing all the same. "HEY!!" is especially amazing, as eccentric and upbeat as some of their early songs with a jazzy twist, it's like Super Mario 3D World but with hot Korean singers.

Though sadly no decent YouTube uploads yet! And after 2 years of toning themselves down and trying to be more serious, they seem to have just decided to give up and go full on eccentric again.

d4fs.jpg

I had money in my iTunes account ready and waiting but it's not on there! They barely do Japanese releases now from what I've noticed and the couple of Japanese EP's B1A4 did have have been taken off iTunes. Must be licencing or something. So yeah, I obtained it another way :p

Can't stop listening to this. The guitar interlude is one of the most beautiful passages I've ever heard.

Maybeshewill are one of my favourite bands at the moment.

This song is so hnnnnnnggggg.

1:58 gets me everytime.

That riff at 1:05 onwards, too. Oh my.

Beautiful song. :D

I blame Rocksmith for showing me how to easy it is to play on bass.

Incidentally, the bass line reminds me of this (at least in terms of sound):