NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Drone/Doom Metal from The Netherlands. Love this kind of stuff, but only during the winter.

Edited by Naar

Had this in my head all week. I wish it were something cooler.

Feeling some slight unrest within, so im listening to Stalaggh's Projekt Misanthropia.

I've had these two songs in my head a fair bit lately:

I adore that tune. It's beautiful.

Again, beautiful, but for a completely different reason. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on what exactly.

I'm loving the New Retro Wave Youtube channel at the minute. A new 80's style song every day.

And other similar tracks:

I've had this music stuck in my head for the past 2 weeks.

It's the soundtrack of my slow but steady descent into insanity.

Beautiful song this, came on earlier as the sun came out and that hazy, psychedelic song is the perfect accompaniment for that sort of weather.

There seems to have been a lot of bands coming out and announcing new albums in the last couple of weeks, dropping new singles along the way. Haven't been too taken with what Foster The People have put out so far but then, their second album, Supermodel, didn't hit the same spot Torches. The new stuff from HAIM is a bit hit or miss, can see where they're going lyrically with the album but not sure whether that'll be the step forward they needed from what was a great first album.

Loving the new Phoenix song, J-Boy, though. That's got me interested to see what they do with that album. Wasn't keen on Bankrupt! but this could be return to earlier form, or at least that's how I see it.

However, The National dropped the other day and I instantly feel in love with it. So stoked so hear the new album and loving the step they've taken, with them clearly taking some ideas from Matt's ELVY project. Could be another brilliant album for them. And with them touring in September over here, hopefully get a chance to see them live.

Royal Blood's new album How Did We Get So Dark? is bloody awesome.

Had it on repeat for two days now.

Hole in your Heart one of the coolest songs I've ever heard.

Little dragon - Klapp klapp

Or if you prefer the music video:

I thought I've heard of them before, but I think I'm mistaken. This was the song thast made me check them out anyway, and it's my favourite track of the previous album.. But I'm really loving their latest as well. Going to see them live in November.. Banging my head as I found out I could've seen them 6 years ago, locally, and probably for free, when they weren't as big as they are now. Now I need to go to Amsterdam, but I'm looking forward to it.

Been listening to the Tropico soundtrack because of the weather and remembered how much I like this:

Scandroid has put the full remix album on YouTube. It's pretty good, although the first 2 tracks are easily the best.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Just give us a new album, already!

Can't wait for 2018.

The Doomed has become one of the greatest songs I've ever listened to. It's stunning.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, drahkon said:

I've been listening to this pretty regularly and it's just so, so good. It's got a good flow to it and it sounds different and fresh, yet still sounds like A Perfect Circle. New album has been discussed by band members to be out for certain in 2018. :D (also, members of Tool are saying that their album will also be done and out next year, too...looks like they actually mean it this time!)

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, what a song. 2018 is off to a great start.

Three of my favourite bands will release a new album this year (if Tool actually go through with it :p).

A Perfect Circle
Tool

and, most importantly for me:

IAMX

DSfU8UPVAAA1xM_.jpg

Chris Corner and his crew are working on a new music video for the first single. I can't freaking wait.

The past two albums (Metanoia and Everything is Burning) dealt with depression and insomnia that he suffered from a couple of years ago. They gave birth to some of Chris' darkest songs (IAMX is always kind of dark). I'm really looking forward to what is coming next.

I keep urging people to give IAMX a go.

AuxiliaryIAMXCellarsEverythingIsBurning1

They're concerts are intense.

17ab23b12b0dd11ebd0de43e516fa68c--dark-w

But it's not for everyone.

However, I always say to people who enjoy music to give IAMX a listen. They are certainly one of the most creative bands out there and deserve much more recognition.

I highly doubt any song I'll ever listen to will replace this one as my favourite.

The following is a close second on my list:

No other band has had as much of an impact on my life as IAMX. And I've only known them for 3 1/2 years.

I'm devastated that I probably won't be able to attend a concert this year. The four gigs in Germany are too far away and in turn too expensive for me :( I really hope some more will be added that are close by.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Heard this on Jools Holland and can't get enough of it:

And from the NFS Payback soundtrack:

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1