NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Quite liking Rancid/Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards at the moment. This one in particular seems rather appropriate:

Can't remember how I came across this band but I keep listening to this one of theirs lately.

Lift Off, by Jay Z/Kanye West feat Beyonce. Love this song at the moment. I'm not gonna link a Youtube video because they keep going down. But find it. Listen to it. It's rather good.

I've recently rediscovered this and can't stop listening. Such a good remix. And i hate remixes. But tracks like this justify them.

Hhhmm.

The unthinkable is happening...

I think I am becoming a Taylor Swift fan. :hmm::grin:

Stumbled across this...

And it has made me check the album out on Spotify and I really like it.

Despite the fact that she often uses too many lyrics which does frustrate me ha. I couldn't really do with her until hearing this.

But yeah likin that track at the min. :hehe:

Speak Now is one of my favourite albums of 2010. Bearing in mind that year also birthed Have One on Me by Joanna Newsom and I Speak Because I Can by Laura Marling, two of my favourite (and best) albums ever, probably.

I heart Taylor Swift with a love that was once reserved only for Miley Cyrus' solo material (lel), but now goes beyond that, as she is actually a talented songwriter and I've always enjoyed country-pop-rock crossover shizz.

The album before that has good singles, the rest is ok. Not bothered with her first one, I assume it's bad.

Speak Now is one of my favourite albums of 2010. Bearing in mind that year also birthed Have One on Me by Joanna Newsom and I Speak Because I Can by Laura Marling, two of my favourite (and best) albums ever, probably.

I heart Taylor Swift with a love that was once reserved only for Miley Cyrus' solo material (lel), but now goes beyond that, as she is actually a talented songwriter and I've always enjoyed country-pop-rock crossover shizz.

The album before that has good singles, the rest is ok. Not bothered with her first one, I assume it's bad.

Yeah, it is a pretty good album.

I have always enjoyed Miley Cyrus' solo stuff too - both albums. :grin:

What I think I like about Speak Now is it isn't as country as I thought it would be for Taylor Swift.

It reminds me of Vanessa Carlton and some Miley Cyrus stuff too and I think that's why I like it.

Also, as you say she writes it all herself which is always a good thing in my opinion.

Got both of these albums now too. Just waiting for iTunes to stop being such a useless turd before I can put them on and go go go.

Around The World - Chilli Peppers.

Anything they've done since Californication hasn't really been on the same level. This was just something else.

*regrets handing her old Michelle Branch album into the charity shop*

Waaaaaa. Was the blue one.

*regrets handing her old Michelle Branch album into the charity shop*

Waaaaaa. Was the blue one.

The Spirit Room?

Shame on you Pancake. Shame on you.

:heh:

Currently can't stop listening to Somebody I used to know by Gotye (ft. Kimbra).

I loved his first album so I was happy to hear he got a new one coming out. This song took me a few listens to get into, but now I can't stop listening to it. Love his voice. Kimbra sounds a bit like Katy Perry though (don't know her or any of her music).

And the video is just nice. =)

Gotye is good. Gonna listening to that song right after this one...

Love this song. I hate the use of the word "epic", especially with all this epic fail crap. But, this song truly deserves that word. It is epic.

When I close my eyes, I think of it as the big bang taking place, the planets forming, night separating from day. Then, when it gets crazy around that 5 minute mark, I think of war, humanity's struggle. It's like a history of the world. How the music quietens to signify the peaceful times on the planet, then the loud shows the violence.

From about 13 mins onwards, its like the world as it is today, or even in the future. Those noises at the end remind me of a rocket taking off, or a plane flying by.

Coldplay - Gravity.

Absolutely knew a Coldplay song was coming when I saw you had posted.

Absolutely knew a Coldplay song was coming when I saw you had posted.

Yeah, well...I absolutely knew a post would be here when I saw that you had posted.

WUTTT?!:geek:

Her best song in years. Though I've always been a massive fan.

Her new album 'The Sea' she says is her best since Northern Star. A very very bold statement Mel!

Can't wait for it though!

I doubt it'll be as good as Northern Star...

I've never listened to any other album of hers in full. Never impressed me with any of the other singles. This one is ok. Same with Rock Me Baby or whatever. Just a bit forgettable.

I doubt it'll be as good as Northern Star...

I've never listened to any other album of hers in full. Never impressed me with any of the other singles. This one is ok. Same with Rock Me Baby or whatever. Just a bit forgettable.

Yeah Northern Star the song is my favourite song ever. I adore. :heart:

Nothing comes close.

The album is also very good. I like how there is quite a mixture of stuff on there.

Mel has said 'The Sea' is the closest to that mixture and she feels her voice has matured a lot over the years and is stronger and overall, the album is her best yet.

Which judging by that song seems to be the case. It's a great track. Shame radio 1 won't play it. :shakehead

She has always missed the idea with singles unfortunately. Her second album 'Reason' was very very good. But she should have released On the Horizon as the lead single but instead chose Here it Comes Again - a trend that has seemed to plague her.

Thing is, it's down to Mel too, as the record label she is signed to is her own. This time though she's picked the right song imo and hopefully it will make people pick the album up.

She's too talented a writer / singer to not get the recognition she should have had years ago.

I don't think 'the spice girl with the best voice' means anything to her nowadays. And why would it when everyone knows that anyways lol.

We want sales damnit!