N-Europe

Tales of Xillia

Emerald Emblem

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just done some grinding on the Sapstrath highroad, beat my first Bacura as well with a 30% exp bonus, got 2 levels out of Elize with that one. Though I just realized I was going in the complete wrong direction and now I'm kinda overlevelled, swatting the enemies like flies considering how much time battles have taken me before.

Reached level 15, beat the boss in the Deepwoods, Weapon Shop lvl 52, Armor Shop lvl 47.

Think I'll move on with the story now :D

20130813_001538.jpg

:D

That's some nice shop progress considering your character level. What mats have you been using?

I finished the second chapter last night. Man, the lead up to the boss fight was great! As was the actual boss fight and the cut scene afterwards.

Another great skit/side mission was where you...

find out that Rowan used to write poetry. Jude and Alvin ripping on him was priceless.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play this for the next couple of nights, as i'm out and about. It's gonna kill me especially as i'm really into it at the moment. :(

That's some nice shop progress considering your character level. What mats have you been using?

Some of the liquids you can find in Xagut Floodmeadow. The monsters there are between level 40 and 60 (which I found out the hard way), but I decided to take a look at the random loot points and bags, they give good materials.

Some of the liquids you can find in Xagut Floodmeadow. The monsters there are between level 40 and 60 (which I found out the hard way), but I decided to take a look at the random loot points and bags, they give good materials.

Yeah, myself and Tales used that place to level up. There is a mine later on in the game that you are required to visit for some sidequests. This is also a great place to level up. I need to find another spot though as the exp I was getting there had slowed down a lot due to my level being 48-50.

@Tales your're ahead of me. Any advice on where to do some power leveling during chapter 3.

Yeah, myself and Tales used that place to level up. There is a mine later on in the game that you are required to visit for some sidequests. This is also a great place to level up. I need to find another spot though as the exp I was getting there had slowed down a lot due to my level being 48-50.

@Tales your're ahead of me. Any advice on where to do some power leveling during chapter 3.

I only levelled up in the mine. Got to Xagut by normal story progression.

I finished chapter 2 yesterday and am now in the first cave in chapter 3. Loved the ending to the second chapter. So I don't know much about good levelling spots. But maybe you're ready to take on the fell arms you have met so far? Should give you nice exp I guess I am at lv46-48 and don't meet much challenge, even on hard.

@Agent Gibbs , the game is awesome if that's what you are asking. I'm not familiar with how rare they get though as I never buy them at a later date anyway. It is digital too though.

is this worth buying now then? is it likely to go out of stock/limited run etc? as i have quite the backlog but tales games are usually so awesome

I forgot to answer this.

In the past Namco seemed to just do a small print of the Tales games but now they seemed to have picked things up. You can still easily get copies of Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS, Tales of Graces for the PS3 and Tales of Vesperia for the 360. It's only the Day One/Limited Editions that sell out.

I only levelled up in the mine. Got to Xagut by normal story progression.

I finished chapter 2 yesterday and am now in the first cave in chapter 3. Loved the ending to the second chapter. So I don't know much about good levelling spots. But maybe you're ready to take on the fell arms you have met so far? Should give you nice exp I guess I am at lv46-48 and don't meet much challenge, even on hard.

Man, that anime scene where the war was starting was epic!

:bouncy: I'm gutted I won't get to continue this till Thursday. :(

Just started it and landed at that place thingy. Not the best of starts to be honest. I expected it to go slow, but Christ...

I haven't had a chance to use Alvin yet, but does he use his sword properly? In an action/non magic sense? Because I'm not feeling Jude's punchy punchy.

@Hero\-of\-Time , you could continue on with the game until you return to Kanbalar and find the sidequest in the second floor of the inn. It will redirect you to a cave where you can find lv60 gentlemen. Got 1500 basic exp from one match.

Edited by Tales

Oh man.

That boss...so fucking cheap. The first battle wasn't a problem. The second one, though...

That freaking worm kept digging itself into the earth.

Took ages to take him out. The AI wasn't much of a help, because they kept getting hit and I had to revive them soooo many times -.-

Edit: Was running around and I saw some weird golden or bronze plate plate. I ran towards it, because that's what idiots do when they see shiny things and this fucking thing flew away at the speed of light.

What the hell?

Edited by drahkon

Oh man.

That boss...so fucking cheap. The first battle wasn't a problem. The second one, though...

That freaking worm kept digging itself into the earth.

Took ages to take him out. The AI wasn't much of a help, because they kept getting hit and I had to revive them soooo many times -.-

Edit: Was running around and I saw some weird golden or bronze plate plate. I ran towards it, because that's what idiots do when they see shiny things and this fucking thing flew away at the speed of light.

What the hell?

Hold X to walk and it won't move. Maybe apply some exp food items beforehand to maximize the exp you will recieve.

"Then you will never know bazongas. You have to want it, Jude. You have to need it."

"Then teach me about bazongas."

"I can barely hear you. You have to MEAN it!"

"TEACH ME ABOUT BAZONGAS!"

:D

That's easily one of the best skits in the game. Rowan = Dirty old man. :D

I finished chapter 3 last night. WOW. There was so much going on, with many twists and turns in the story. That being said the cutscenes were lasting ages. I'm sure one of them was about 30 mins long. It's a good job it's a cracking story with interesting characters to keep me hooked.

Tesco messed up my order!!:mad: Their system some how deleted the first line of my address. I asked them to correct it but they couldn't as it was being delivered by royal mail and didn't have a tracking number. So the guy tried to make me a new order today but the game is now out of stock!!:mad: I was soooo looking forward to this.

So its either i wait until they re-stock so i can use my £23 voucher or go else where...

edit: sod it, amazon has it back in stock. Ordered!

Edited by Nintendo Fan

That fight against Gaius.

Had to use an All Divide. His constant stream of attacks would've wrecked my shit otherwise.

But I beat him, on hard, without using excessive grinding. Satisfying as hell!

And the Anime scene after that, and all the shit that's going down now.

What the fuck. This game is awesome.

Story is great!

That fight against Gaius.

Had to use an All Divide. His constant stream of attacks would've wrecked my shit otherwise.

But I beat him, on hard, without using excessive grinding. Satisfying as hell!

And the Anime scene after that, and all the shit that's going down now.

What the fuck. This game is awesome.

Story is great!

Yeah, that scene is great. The story in Chapter 2 really kicks things up a notch.

I've just beaten the final boss and the credits are rolling. What a final fight! It was so intense but man was it epic!!

I'm not a huge Tales of fan but I loved this one to bits. The characters are fantastic and not too annoying, while the story was interesting enough to suck you in. It's no wonder there is a sequel to this Tales game.

Now to attempt to get the trophies. Man, some of them look to be a grind.

Only have the final boss left now. Just mopped up the sidequest last night and the jewels and fell arms today. Will continue with the story when I come back later today.

What trophies do you need to grind @Hero\-of\-Time ? Getting the battle related trophies were easy to get by just playing the game on hard as the matches lasted longer, so that's all done for me. I imagine I can level up all the shops after the secret dungeon. I think I'll leave lv99 to the second playthrough with the exp multiplayer.

Only have the final boss left now. Just mopped up the sidequest last night and the jewels and fell arms today. Will continue with the story when I come back later today.

What trophies do you need to grind @Hero\-of\-Time ? Getting the battle related trophies were easy to get by just playing the game on hard as the matches lasted longer, so that's all done for me. I imagine I can level up all the shops after the secret dungeon. I think I'll leave lv99 to the second playthrough with the exp multiplayer.

Most of them. I didn't really look at the list before playing it. The only one I concentrated on was the sidequests one as it was the only missable trophy.