N-Europe

Pokémafia X : The Tournament of Champions

ReZourceman

Oh for bloody sake, nearly made it the whole game without making a mistake and then Peeps' role had to go and get all complicated.

The mafia members and a couple of other contestants gathered around the mostly truthful if slightly irrational Dazz. :p

249.png

Dazz was Lugia. With his powerful psychic capabilities he could can truths and with his homing beacon of light he could not be redirected. He was a member of the town....and his death....marked....

THE END OF THE GAME!

Deoxys instantly killed the losing players with a callous wave of his hands.

382.png

Dyson is dead. He was Kyogre. With his refreshing splash he could enhance players abilities.

484.png

Tales is dead. He was Palkia. With his control of the space/time continuum he could check players history to reveal their power.

413.png

The Peeps is dead. He was Wormadam, with a range of forms at his disposal he could manage quite a lot for such a shit Pokemon!

140.jpg

Esequiel has won the game. He could target a player each night and infactuate them. He was the highly flammable Togepi Soft Toy. A Neutral.

The mafia also won the game, and did not lose any players.

25.png

Heroicjanitor was Pikachu and could avoid being killed and investigate players.

245.png

Jonnas was Suicune, and could roleblock players and had mystical auras.

384.png

Chairdriver was Rayquaza, and could redirect players in different ways.

487.png

EEVILMURRAY was Giratina, with the power of the shadows he could perform stealth actions.

646.png

Nintendohnut was Kyurem, the ice sculpture, flying artist.

--------------------

Congratulations.

--------------------

Roles/talk to follow.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the mafia and esequiel. The people who I suspected were the mafia after all :(

Unfortunately I have to say this was the least exciting game we've had in a while, extremely one sided.

Despite this, I look forward to the next pokémafia :)

Yeah, had a feeling that might be it. Didn't want to speak too much due to my role and I didn't really have much to add.

However I feel that having 6 mafia players and a killer for every night is just a little overkill and incredibly hard for the town. Especially when the serial killer knocks out exclusively town members :heh: I think this was probably my least favourite Pokemafia so far, but I'm sure the next will be fuckin' sweeeeet.

There were only five of us!

Eddie helped us a lot. She killed twice early on, the second time because we redirected her at random. When we realized she was the killer we used her to get two kills every night until she died.

Basically we played well and got lucky and that is all it takes to decide a mafia game sometimes. I'm quite proud that I called Esequiel though.

I don't think many people even mentioned me this game, which helped. EEVIL played well, as did all the mafia.

Yeah this was just a special anniversary game with more of a focus on "celebrating Pokemon" and stupid shit that I don't like putting in (serial killers) and yeah it was definitely a little inbalanced. However town didn't do themselves any favours by (not sending in targets/targeting no one/not reading roles properly). I didn't consider this a proper game and my thoughts reflect yours. :p Serial killer getting redirected by mafia was disgusting. :laughing:

Cannot wait for 11, its....god its gonna be great. Still I certainly don't think this was a disaster by any means, some fun roles and I guess the mafia had fun. :p Surprised no one figured out the themes.

Anyway here we go;

MAFIA

Mafia Rules

- The mafia can target a player to be killed in the night phase. Whichever mafia member makes the kill, sacrifices their night power to do so.

Pikachu (Mafia Don) (Ability Name Investigator, Agility Evade, Pheremones) Pikachu can target a player in the night phase and find out the name of one of that players abilities. Pikachu cannot be killed on odd nights. When Pikachu is investigated it will trick the investigator into thinking it is good.

Suicune (Ice Path Roleblock, Majestic Aura) Suicune can target a player in the night phase to be roleblocked. Anyone targeting Suicune when it is using Ice Path Roleblocked will slip on the ice path and target the subject of the roleblock instead. Suicune is surrounded by a majestic aura, and requires majority + 1 to be lynched.

Rayquaza (Extreme Speed Redirection, Vote Vortex) Rayquaza can zoom passed targets and confuse them. Target two players at night. Anyone targeting the first player targets the second and vice versa. Alternatively Rayquaza can force a player to target another player. Rayquaza cannot be tracked when redirecting players. When Rayquaza votes for a member of the mafia, its vote will count for -1.

Giratina (Shadow Aura, Amnesia Gaze, Shadow Lynchbomb) Giratina does not appear in the write up (this can be used when killing). In addition to this, anyone targeting you will be doused in shadow and become an invalid target for other players. Once in the game you can target a player. That player will not be able to reveal who they targeted on that night for the rest of the game. If they did not target anyone, Amnesia Gaze can be used again. If you are killed, there will not be a day write up the following day phase.

Kyurem (Ice Sculpture, Fly, Incriminate) Kyurem cannot be tracked (works when killing). Kyurem can produce impressive and realistic sculptures of ice. Target a player and an alignment. Anyone investigating that player will get the results based on the sculpture instead. If Kyurem is killed it will appear as a member of the town upon death. Once per game you can target a player (that is close to being lynched) that player will appear as a member of the mafia when they are killed.

TOWNIES

Charizard (Tracker) Charizard can soar high above the skies and track a target at night. You will receive a PM back stating who the player targeted.

Blastoise (Reverse Tracker) Blastoise can hide in its shell and imitate a boulder, stalking a player at night. You will receive a PM back stating who targeted the player.

Ho-oh (Safety Wing) Ho-oh can target a player at night to be protected by Ho-oh's powerful wings. The player will be immune to all powers in that night phases, except kills. If Ho-oh senses a killer approaching it will drop the player and flee.

Lugia (Lie Detector, Homing Beacon) Lugia has a great connection to the life force of all the Pokeworld and can sense lies. Target a player and page number and you will be told a percentage of truth in the players posts. Lugia cannot be redirected.

Groundon (Protector) Groundon can force large fissures to crack in the ground and stop potential killers from reaching their target. Target a player each night to be protected from kills.

Kyogre (Refreshing Splash) Kyogre has a powerful link to the waters of the Pokeworld and can summon potent and powerful splashes. Target a player in the night phase and their power will be increased the following night.

Dialga (Investigator) Dialga is a powerful Pokemon, and master of time. Gazing into the time stream you can investigate a player each night and discover their true intentions (their alignment).

Palkia (Ability Name Investigator) Palkia is a powerful Pokemon and can control space. Each night you can target a player to examine the effect they have had on Space. You will learn the name of their ability.

Zekrom (Post Surge) Zekrom can target a player in the night phase to be surged. Feeling hyperactive, that player will be forced to post at least 5 times in the following day phase, and that players posts cannot be below 100 words. If the player breaks the rule they will be severly hindered.

Reshiram (Roleblocker) Reshiram can target a player in the night phase to be roleblocked. They will be blasted by a powerful fire assault.

Wormadam (Change Form, Bodygaurd Spores, Observant Veil, Repungent Odour) Uber Wormadam feels elated now that it is not the most hated Pokemon. Every night Wormadam can choose one of three forms/powers to use. It will appear in the write up as the chosen form. Plant Cloak; Target a player to be followed by a legion of Bodyguard Spores. The player will be protected from kills and you will also find out who targets them. Sand Cloak; You will shroud yourself in a sand storm and will become an invalid target for anyone targeting you. Repungent Odour; Target a player and latch onto them for the night. You will find out who they targeted but then unleash a powerful odour, roleblocking them.

NEUTRAL

Burmy (Seek Approval) Burmy was recently voted the worst Pokemon ever in an IGN survey. Plunging Burmy into depression it now does nothing but mope around all day long. Burmy just wants some attention. Burmy becomes a member of the town when three town members in total have targeted it. Until that time it does not have a win condition and does not feel motivated enough to do anything at night. You are too ashamed of your attention seeking to reveal your power and if asked about it you must confirm that you are not permited to reveal it.

Togepi Soft Toy (Infactuate) Togepi can target a player in the night phase to be infactuated. For the rest of the game that player cannot hurt Togepi Soft Toy. Togepi Soft Toy doesn't understand fighting and wins the game if it is alive at the end.

1995 Pikachu (Friendship Follow, Pixelated) 1995 Pikachu must target a player on the first night. For the rest of the game 1995 Pikachu will be partnered with the player. 1995 Pikachu will not be informed of the players alignment. After 1995 Pikachu has made friends with a player it will track the same player as your partners target. 1995 Pikachu is pixelated. 1995 Pikachu wins the game if it and its partner is alive when the game finishes.

フシギバナ - Japanese Venusaur (Serial Killer)

Pokemon Green Version was never released outside of Japan. Feeling vengance at its lack of exposure, and believing its limited release lead to it being the least popular of the Kanto Starter Pokemon, Venusaur must target a player in the night phase to be killed. Venusaur wins the game if it is alive to quench its hunger for revenge at the end of the game.

Night ONE

Dialga/mr-paul INVESTIGATES 1995 Pikachu/Dannyboy-the-Dane

Lugia/Dazz UNREDIRECTABLE LIE DETECT Nobody

Zekrom/Ellmeister POST SURGE Lugia/Dazz

Charizard/Cube TRACK Ho-oh/Rummy

Palkia/Tales ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Rayquaza/Chairdriver

Blastoise/Diageo REVERSE TRACK Charizard/Cube

Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel INFACTUATE Kyogre/Dyson

Groundon - MadDog PROTECT Blastoise/Diageo

フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw KILL Palkia/Tales

Pikachu /heroicjanitor ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Charizard/Cube

Suicune/Jonnas ROLEBLOCK/REDIRECT INCOMING フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw

Rayquaza/Chairdriver SWITCH REDIRECT 1995 Pikachu/Dannyboy-the-Dane AND Dialga/mr-paul

Giratina/EEVILMURRAY KILL Zekrom/Ellmeister

Kyurem/Nintendohnut MAKE APPEAR EVIL Blastoise/Diageo

Reshiram/Paj! ROLEBLOCK Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel

Night TWO

Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel INFACTUATE Giratina/EEVILMURRAY

Dialga/mr-paul INVESTIGATES ICE SCULPTURE OF Reshiram/Paj!

Palkia/Tales ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Charizard/Cube

Ho-oh/Rummy TARGET NO ONE

Pikachu /heroicjanitor ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES 1995 Pikachu /Dannyboy-the-Dane

Suicune/Jonnas ROLEBLOCK/REDIRECT INCOMING Ho-oh/Rummy

Rayquaza/Chairdriver SWITCH REDIRECT Ho-oh/Rummy AND Blastoise/Diageo

Giratina/EEVILMURRAY KILL Charizard/Cube

Kyurem/Nintendohnut MAKE APPEAR EVIL Reshiram/Paj!

Kyogre/Dyson REFRESHING SPLASH フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw

Charizard/Cube TRACK Blastoise/Diageo

Lugia/Dazz LIE DETECT Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel #25-40

Reshiram/Paj! ROLEBLOCK Rayquaza/Chairdriver

フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw KILL Groundon - MadDog

1995 Pikachu /Dannyboy-the-Dane TRACK Groundon - MadDog

Night THREE

Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel INFACTUATE Suicune/Jonnas

Ho-oh/Rummy TARGET NO ONE

Blastoise/Diageo REVERSE TRACK Dialga/mr-paul

Kyogre/Dyson REFRESHING SPLASH Burmy/The Peeps

Dialga/mr-paul INVESTIGATES Pikachu /heroicjanitor

フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw KILL Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel

1995 Pikachu /Dannyboy-the-Dane TRACK Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel

Pikachu /heroicjanitor ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Blastoise/Diageo

Suicune/Jonnas ROLEBLOCK/REDIRECT INCOMING Palkia/Tales

Rayquaza/Chairdriver TARGET FORCE REDIRECT Eddie Coleslaw TO 1995 Pikachu /Dannyboy-the-Dane

Giratina/EEVILMURRAY KILL Ho-oh/Rummy

Kyurem/Nintendohnut MAKE APPEAR NEUTRAL Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel

Night FOUR

Dialga/mr-paul INVESTIGATES フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw

Lugia/Dazz LIE DETECT Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel 216 + 230

Togepi Soft Toy /Esequiel INFACTUATE Suicune/Jonnas REDIRECTED

Blastoise/Diageo REVERSE TRACK Palkia/Tales

Palkia/Tales ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Blastoise/Diageo

フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw KILL Palkia/Tales

Kyogre/Dyson REFRESHING SPLASH Burmy/The Peeps

Pikachu /heroicjanitor ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES フシギバナ/Eddie Coleslaw

Suicune/Jonnas ROLEBLOCK/REDIRECT INCOMING Palkia/Tales

Rayquaza/Chairdriver TARGET FORCE REDIRECT Eddie Coleslaw TO Dialga/mr-paul

Giratina/EEVILMURRAY KILL Blastoise/Diageo

Kyurem/Nintendohnut MAKE APPEAR GOOD Rayquaza/Chairdriver

Burmy/The Peeps EVOLVES

Night FIVE

Wormadam/The Peeps PROTECT/REVERSE TRACK Palkia/Tales

Wormadam/The Peeps SANDCLOAK

Palkia/Tales ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Lugia/Dazz

Lugia/Dazz LIE DETECT Rayquaza/Chairdriver NO REDIRECT

Kyogre/Dyson REFRESHING SPLASH Wormadam/The Peeps

Pikachu /heroicjanitor ABILITY NAME INVESTIGATES Wormadam/The Peeps

Suicune/Jonnas ROLEBLOCK/REDIRECT INCOMING Kyogre/Dyson

Rayquaza/Chairdriver TARGET FORCE REDIRECT Lugia/Dazz FAIL

Giratina/EEVILMURRAY KILL Palkia/Tales

Kyurem/Nintendohnut MAKE APPEAR GOOD Rayquaza/Chairdriver

Oh I absolutely agree. (Wasn't intentional, but became apparent). I thought people would pick up on the theme almost instantly. :/

I wanted to make the townies reasonably vanilla in this one.....which is.....not at all true for GS/ :p :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by ReZourceman

Really when I had an odd result on herojan we should have acted on it but it was probably going to be very hard at that point to win anyways.

(PS ReZ I've been thinking about lots of things for shadow mountain, just not had a lot of time recently, will get on with some planning soon yessss?)

Eddie panicked at the killings I think, since I'm not sure she was targeting people. I bet Rez took a few verbal bashings :p Lol it was disgusting, heartless fiends the lot of us.

I loved the odd nights, such a feeling of safety :) I wouldn't call it a bad game, I'd just say the mafia were lucky to find eddie, but we played well. We knew an investigator would target Paj! and made him appear evil. Just pulling the strings in general whereas the town just rolled over and died after we killed mr-paul and Diageo. Tales and Peeps left to fend for themselves. Even before we killed Diageo and mr-paul we convinced you that Esequiel should be killed though. Dazz should have used his role better too.

So yeah combination of good mafia play with the luck of finding eddie and a bit of over-poweredness...

I knew Chairdriver was mafia. Too bad I was the only one with the guts to lynch him on his role alone.

Mafia was massively overpowered.

Ha, I was targeted to be killed three times. Not a good idea when I probably have the lowest killed % on the board :p

Edited by Tales

Well done heroic, I didn't suspect you at all! I should probably start suspecting you by default, as this isn't the first time I've said that...

Eddie panicked at the killings I think, since I'm not sure she was targeting people. I bet Rez took a few verbal bashings :p Lol it was disgusting, heartless fiends the lot of us.

I was slightly annoyed at my role as I *had* to target each night. So I was hoping to finish the town off quickly, before I started getting redirected/confused/didn't know what to say. I felt doomed from the start tbh :P I will take the blame for those who feel that the game ended too quickly/wasn't as fun...

Oh, and Dannyboy targeted me on the second night, and we got paired up. It was useless though because he tracks anyone I target, and I had to survive for him to win. Then he got killed :s

ReZ, don't make any more killer roles where they must target each night, please :p

You're an arse ReZ, you had a write up ready!]

After the dust had settle Deoxys looked at what he had achieved. It was most amusing, but he could sense that someone wanted more... He waved his hand and announced:

"All bonds are now broken!"

A tiny egg like Pokémon looked up as a vortex in time and space opened up, and out came a goliath swamped in dark light. As the vortex subsided Togepi wondered why it was so dark, he looked up and saw Giratina standing in front of him, one foot raised.

"Stop me from harming you?" Giratina boomed.

Oh yeah! :p

GiratinaPimpsmack.jpg

Esequiel is dead. He was Togepi, a pain in the arse.

I was working on the theory that the serial killer would knock out at least one mafia by the time they were found out and that with two kills a day the theme would have been worked out by Day 3 at the latest, which would have made roleclaiming for the mafia insanely hard.

And that people were going to ask questions towards the mafia/people not appearing in the write up. :p

I over compensated. :(