NEurope

Holidays, holidays, holidays!

I've not been on a holiday since I was 17, that was to Disneyland for my birthday, before that I must have been about 15.

Since working at Jagex I've had a bit of money come my way and I'm thinking about trekking abroad for a holiday..

..but where the feck do I go?

I was thinking of going to Malta as my sister lives there and everything would be cheaper, but honestly I've been looking into going to Lindos in Greece, Berlin or Japan (Japan is a wishlist as it's a lot to go, but I'm thinking about it.)

So I was wondering, any advice for travelling alone on holiday? Anywhere you'd recommend going?

Are you going on holiday yourself? If so, where?! :yay:

Hoping to go to New York in November/Christmas time for a week.

Planning to go to Florida every two years or so now. (So next year). Want to go to L.A. now. And generally America. I only really have much interest in going to America now. Would like to go to Italy for culture/ice cream and pizza one day.

OH. LAWL. And forgot Germany. There's like fifty theme parks there I wanna visit.

One I was supposed to go to last year, but chose the one fecking week with air travel fail.

259836_10150632750290581_509970580_19053192_6152765_n.jpg

Hitting Florida in 11 days. The countdown is killing me :shakehead

Hoping to go on my first holiday with the missus early November, we're thinking Tunisia/Turkey/Tenerife. Her family have a shitload of Thomas Cook vouchers and we're whittling down the hotels. All inclusive, no kids.

Hmm don't really have any suggestions for travelling alone. Never done it and don't think I would do it as a girl heh.

Berlin is a nice city by the way, think that would be a nice option probably. But then there's also hundreds of other places that are amazing and worth visiting so I don't know haha.

As for me, no real holiday planned, apart from seeing Jim in 10 days (with the N-E meet). So in a way that's my holiday.

My mom said maybe I could go to Spain with her for a week in October if I don't have a job. It would be to clean up the place there though, so not much of a holiday. =P

And the family is planning a trip to Disneyland in October as well. 8 people all together. Looking forward to that, whoo!

I wouldn't want to go alone, much better with at least another person but that's obviously your choice.

I'm going to Majorca in under 2 weeks. Haven't been on a 'sun' holiday for many years and just looking forward to sitting back, sunbathing, reading, swimming and drinking at the all inclusive hotel!

I primarily go away skiing, and hopefully will be doing so this year mid December to watch men's downhill race.

I'm going to Munich on Friday for 4 nights with a few mates for my 21st. It'll be awesome. :D

Ive been on Holidays with school (like russia and belgium!) but outside of school only been to scotland, england and ireland!)

Really wanna go somewhere... anywhere...

Though think im going to Dublin in August - should be fun :)

I wouldn't want to go alone, much better with at least another person

LIES! :heh:

Actually it depends on the holiday. I'm glad I went to Japan alone as I wanted to explore and go at my own pace. I met people along the way (in hostels) so its not like I was isolated.

If you just want to relax then yeah, going with someone you know is probably more suited.

My friend has graciously decided he's coming with me. Which puts a spanner in the works, but does make everything cheaper.

I'm now looking at going to Lindos in Greece, a friend has recommended it and I really want to go, but I also like the idea of going back to Gran Canaria, but my friend doesn't want to go - tough!

Haven't firmly planned anything yet for this year but on my list are Hawaii, Japan/Korea for the F1 or Australia for New Year. Not sure if any will actually end up happening. I really want to do all of them but I just don't think that's going to be possible.

So I was wondering, any advice for travelling alone on holiday?

Advice? Yeah don't go alone. Holiday with your mates is always the best, doesn't matter where you go you'll have a good time.

Advice? Yeah don't go alone. Holiday with your mates is always the best, doesn't matter where you go you'll have a good time.

I'm after a bit of peace and quiet, my friends all want to go to holidays when drinking every night isn't an option it's a must.

But thanks, :)

Mcoy was wondering If anyone has been on the camp America trips and how they would rate them?

Mcoy's got a lot of leave banked but no one to go on holiday with. Mcoy dosen't really want to travel America/Canada alone.

I'm not planning anything at the moment, but i may go away later in the year once i've finished my 3 months of tax calls.

..but where the feck do I go?

Chernobyl. And take me with you.

Chernobyl. And take me with you.

Haha, funnily enough the friend I'm now going with on holiday is the same guy who is going to Chernobyl with me, unfortunately I might have to be really sneaky about that holiday and have moved out before then because I'm pretty sure my parents won't be happy about it.

But I'm trying to plan that for sometime near the end of the year start of the next.

Warm holidays or snow holidays?

I prefer cold, but for holidays all I seem to be doing is looking at warm places, I suppose at some point I best actually look into something else! :laughing:

Planned a holiday just 2 days ago. Alright! I'm going to either Oslo, Norway or Stockholm. I hope it works out :) I'll be going for a week with 2 others -- all I need.

Gonna get my Salander on.

Generally, people go somewhere after the leaving cert exams. I'm so jealous whenever I see all my friends going to Spain etc. And bragging about it on FaceBook.

Planned a holiday just 2 days ago. Alright! I'm going to either Oslo, Norway or Stockholm. I hope it works out :) I'll be going for a week with 2 others -- all I need.

Gonna get my Salander on.

Generally, people go somewhere after the leaving cert exams. I'm so jealous whenever I see all my friends going to Spain etc. And bragging about it on FaceBook.

lol spain, such an obvious and uninspired choice. :p

Frank - that's awesome! I would love to go to Norway at some point!

Coolness, I'm pretty much putting Spain with the Canary islands, as I've been a lot, I love them both, I'd rather try somewhere new though..hmm.

Airports - love them? Hate them? My Dad always gets really stressed at them, but I've never really thought them to be that bad...am I crazy?

Yeah Spain is awesome, I loved Barcelona but I've been quite a few times and when people say Holiday it's like Spain, France, Italy?

I don't want to go to Italy for a while because I went about 4 years in a row. It's like one big mesh of all the holidays put together, I do not remember them individually. :)

Yeah Spain is awesome, I loved Barcelona but I've been quite a few times and when people say Holiday it's like Spain, France, Italy?

I don't want to go to Italy for a while because I went about 4 years in a row. It's like one big mesh of all the holidays put together, I do not remember them individually. :)

I was going to mention Barcelona before, I quite like it, but I doubt I could stay there for more than a day or two without getting very annoyed.

Here's the place I'm looking at staying at Lindos, it's pretty damn expensive, but not as expensive as you might think!

463186831.jpg

463186832.jpg

Nothing set in stone, it's pretty expensive (£300 for 8 days for one person, then flights ontop.) So I don't know if I could afford it, but it has it's own beach and stuff, it's soooo nice.

So it's sort of moving to the wish list pile at the moment.