NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 19: Ally or Die

I reckon 150k is a good amount for the pools. 50k is way too low. It's other people's fault if they don't want to bet.

Reports? :p

This Sun for top league don't ring mine or MadDogs doorbells we are busy people ;)

Anything above 50 is too much. I don't have the money to bet that every week.

I say whack the pools stakes up to the max!!! It's the only other way of making much needed money. Very much needed for this time the season too when all the money has to be splashed on transfers and training. People don't have to participate if they don't want to but that's their choice, it's nice to have the option. Plus it's a bit of extra fun and will get more people involved if there's more money involved. Not many people probably do it atm cos the winnings are barely worth it!

Horace Biggins has finished his form training and raised his form by 8.

Thanks Odwin :grin:

The magic of a training cone. The new keeper I'm bidding on has one too. :)

Are people making lots of money through the betting then? I do it for fun sporadically but never know if I've won or not.

I say whack the pools stakes up to the max!!! It's the only other way of making much needed money. Very much needed for this time the season too when all the money has to be splashed on transfers and training. People don't have to participate if they don't want to but that's their choice, it's nice to have the option. Plus it's a bit of extra fun and will get more people involved if there's more money involved. Not many people probably do it atm cos the winnings are barely worth it!

It's like I don't want to play. I don't want to use the little cash I have and throw it out the window. I don't see where you pull out the "fact" that more people would play because the prize money is higher, because input will be higher as well. It's all relative. It's good you can afford to train and make lots of transfer, but I have to be cheap on the training several weeks into the season just to afford one player. I can't bet 150 000 two times a week then.

Mcoy rarely bothers with the betting unless no one else does it (easy money)

Mcoy just see's it as a money sink where the money could be better spent on training.

Do you win money if no-one else plays? I thought it was just your pot money put in and that is all you'd win back!

If you're the only one that plays you get your double your money back. So if the bet is 150 000 and Niko is the only one that plays he gets 300 000 even if he guessed 0 correct. I know Odwin (used) to enter bets the very last minute. That was until Niko came along.

I dont mind betting as long as others do so too. Maybe 100k max bet.

Also I'm free for alliegance. So if anyone in the other 2 divisions want me just say or Haden can randomly assign me a group :)

N-Euro Middle League - Round 1

The new season started with a bang in the middle league, with 25 goals scored in the opening 5 fixtures. Including a 8 goal thriller at Hove Lagoon between Emo Blades and Leeds.M.O.T.

----------

Recall United 3 - 2 AFC ReZs Rabies

We start off at Albion, where newly promoted ReZs Rabies start off their season with a tricky away tie against Recall. Recall came out in a defensive 5-4-1 formation, while ReZs Rabies set out in a more ambitious 3-5-2 formation. Their strong midfield started off well, as midfielder Paul Borg gave them the opening goal on 33 minutes to give them the lead going into half time. The game really came to life in the second half, with 3 goals in 19 minutes. Rudolf Hallerström of ReZs Rabies picked up a light injury, and supersub Göldstang Vünderpond scored in a matter of seconds of coming on to put his team firmly in control. Recall weren't out of it though, 2 goals in 2 minutes from Deacon and Lawrie got them back level. The game could of gone either way, but it was Recall who got the deciding goal on the 82nd minute, thanks to Oswald Streep with a cool finish.

Seahawks FC 1 - 3 Rising Phoenix

Seahawks started the new season with a tough home fixture against Rising Phoenix. Having finished 4th for the last two seasons, narrowly missing out on promotion each time, Phoenix will hope to go one better this season. They were ahead after 21 minutes, Kieron Lorimer with the goal. Rising Phoenix kept the lead until the 57th minute, Juan Pablo Juli grabbing the equaliser for Seahawks. Their joy lasted 4 minutes, Sheen scored a peach of a freekick to put his side back in front. The points were sealed when Parsons scored a header with 13 minutes remaining. A solid performance from Rising Phoenix, as they get off to a faultless start. Can they finally grab promotion?

Happenstance FC 3 - 1 Hammerboys FC

The legendary season 1 champions Happenstance FC were given an opening home tie against newly promoted Hammerboys FC. The home fans were cheering after just 10 minutes, Unsworth scoring to put Happenstance ahead, the away sides task was made much harder. Hammerboys struggled to get a hold of play in the first half, mustering up just a solitary chance all half. Happenstance made things worse for them on the stroke of half time, Gregor was on the end of a neat counter attack. Hammerboys hopes of a second half comeback were all but destroyed as Isaac Curtis kept his cool to put home a penalty on 57 minutes. Steven Harrison embarrassingly put the ball in his own net to give Hammerboys a consolation goal. Happenstance sent out a message with this impressive performance, dominating in all areas.

Emo Blades 5 - 3 Leeds.M.O.T

Lower League champions Emo Blades welcomed Leeds.M.O.T to Hove Lagoon, in what was an epic encounter. Emo Blades started out with a balanced 4-4-2, while Leeds.M.O.T tried to pack midfield with their usual 4-5-1. Jonny Forsyth delighted the home fans with the opening goal on just 3 minutes, but the lead was short lived as young Howson got his team back level just minutes later. In a game full of chances, a good front line was much needed, but it was Leeds who paid the price as they struggled to finish off their chances, playing with just one forward. Emo Blades regained the lead on 18 minutes, but Leeds yet again hit back. The trend continued, as Wojcicki scored Emos third. Things calmed after half time, until the 60th minute, where Forsyth bagged his second of the game to give his team a 4-2 lead. Rothwell sealed the 3 points on the 88th minute with a accurate header. Leeds talisman Haag nicked a late goal to finish the game 5-3. The fans were treated to a wonderful attacking game of football, but it was emo Blades who prevailed.

Cubic County 3 - 1 Eights United

Eights United started life in the Middle League with a hard away game against Cubic County. Eights went for the standard 4-4-2, while Cubic lined up 4-5-1. Eights started off well, Yusri powering home the opening goal. Cubic created chances in the first half, but lone striker Gould looked isolated at times. But their fortunes changed on the 32nd minute, as Gould scored with a beautifully curled effort from outside the box. Zahora of Eights was forced off just before half time with an injury, which will keep him out for about a week. Cubic kept creating chances, and they were finally rewarded on the 65th minute. McGargle scored a tidy goal to give his side the lead for the first time in the game. Eights failed to create a second half chance, and Vihko sealed their fate with a textbook finish in stoppage time.

----------

Most Important Result - Cubic County 3 - 1 Eights United

Two promoting contenders faced off in an important opening match, Cubic put Eights away with an impressive performance.

Turned on the Style Award - Emo Blades

Created chances and finished them. Clinical finishing.

Best Player Award - Asko Vihko

Was integral in all of his sides goals.

----------

Round 2 Fixtures (Tuesday 05/07)

Emo Blades (1st) - Happenstance FC (4th)

Cubic County (3rd) - Leeds.M.O.T (7th)

Hammerboys FC (10th) - Recall United (5th)

Eights United (9th) - Seahawks FC (8th)

Rising Phoenix (2nd) - AFC ReZs Rabies (6th)

Key Game - Emo Blades - Happenstance FC

Both came through the opening day with 3 points, and both will want to prove their title credentials.

Nice write-up :) I think the fact that I conceded 3 goals shows that, while a good game for the neutrals, it has to wave warning flags for the up-coming game. Happenstance is bound for promotion, and it wouldn't surprise me if our league positions switched after the 90 minutes is up.

Guys i am still available for an alliance. Bottom league so if anyone else fancies taking me under their wing i would be greatfull!!

I don't see where you pull out the "fact" that more people would play because the prize money is higher.

Hmm I might have to start predicting then.

I dont mind betting as long as others do so too.

Thats what i'm talking about Tales:- Put more money on offer in the pools & more people are going to be interested so more people play, the more people play the more money in the pot and the higher the rewards for the winner. Yeah, i know what you mean, if you don't have the money in the first place then you can't bet but then it just gives those who want to make more money a chance to do so. It can be a risk but at least the option is there if you want to have a go from time to time. By the way, there's nothing wrong with putting a bet on the pools on the actual day of the game :heh:

Ellmeister was talking about what happens when no one else bets and that's why he wants to play and Rowan wants a lower input. The prize isn't what tempts him either.

We never had success with 150 000 bets before did we? (that's before you Niko). I don't want to see you who is appearently betting anyway walking away with free 150 000 because no one played. Then 50 000 is better(I sometimes forget)

Last Friday we had 5 or 6 playing which is pretty good. We're not getting all 31 to play no matter what. I'm not sure a higher prize is going to attract more players because the prize is still relative or proportinoal or whatever it's

called. What do you think is going to happen when one player lose 5 straight times? Continue playing?

Edited by Tales

Ellmeister was talking about what happens when no one else

bets and that's why he wants to play and Rowan wants a

lower input. The prize isn't what tempts him either.

We never had success with 150 000 bets before did we? (that's

before you Niko). I don't want to see you who is appearently

betting anyway walking away with free 150 000 because no one

played. Then 50 000 is better.

Last Friday we had 5 or 6 playing which is pretty good.

We're not getting all 31 to play no matter what. I'm not sure

a higher prize is going to attract more players because the

prize is still relative or proportinoal or whatever it's

called. What do you think is going to happen when one player

lose 5 straight times? Continue playing?

Mcoy will never play the pools simply because the money sink for the chances of actually winning aren't worth it. Mcoy would rather invest the 50-150k in training.

Report 1

Time to Start!

syd-5aerlntueyg1b1urwbro_layout.jpg

If I can get through Oddys defense

I can get through that

I know it not easy just a matter of fact

If I can make it through this report

I can get through anything!

(5 Stars) Roostophe Rovers 1-0 Essex Elites (3 Stars)

Rovers were given a reprieve from relegation last season and took all 3 points from a tactically beaten Elites side. Rovers risked a 3-5-2 line up against 4-4-2 for the Elites. The match had 3 yellow cards and 3 injuries making it hard for either team to get a rhythm going. Indeed Rovers had the only chances of the game and were limited to 4, one of them was a free kick for Sheldon who curled home the 75th goal of his glorious career. Rovers have a point to prove and a tough first game victory against the Elites will help them do that!

(4 Stars) Bayern Bru 4-0 Dysonian Wanderers (3 Stars)

Bru have come back to the top league after a fabulous season in the Middle League and have brought a whole raft of talented youth with them. They played 4-4-2 against what turned out to be a disastrous 4-3-3 Wanderers formation. MacCalman was inspired throughout this game and whipped in a corner for Helder to header in after 30 seconds. MacCalman linked with fellow midfielder Temizkanoglu who he set up for a headed goal in the 29th minute. In the 2nd half MacCalman was again the creative genius as he crossed in a header for Rundberg and then made space for Helder to smash in his 2nd of the game with a long range shot. Bru had 11 chances to 0 for Wanderers and had 60% of possession MacCalman with his 4 assists made sure Brus first game back in the top league was the one everyone was watching.

(3 Stars) Battlestar Odwinica 1-1 Silverdale Hotpot (4 Stars)

In an exciting game a much changed Odwinica side were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Silverdale Hotpot. Odwinica went for a 4-4-2 formation against an aggressive 4-3-3 from Silverdale. The game went back and forth with Silverdale having 5 chances and Odwinica having 4. It was only in the 77th minute that veteran striker Sidwell nodded in a floating cross to roars from the away fans. However the captain and young sensation Tygesen found a way past the Silverdale defence and chipped it over a sprawling Silverdale goalie as cool as you like to make it 1-1. Silverdale looked slightly the better side but a draw is probably the right result.

(3 Stars) Madpool 4-1 The Sixty Fourthers (2 Stars)

The 64s had an unhappy return to the top league as Madpool carried on from where they left off after an impressive season last time around. Both teams played 3-5-2 but Madpool were superior in every part of the field. They had 13 chances to a mere 5 for the 64s, a flurry of goals after 20 minutes set the game alight. Hadley played Monk through to start the scoring before Gay cracked in a short range shot in off the post. Kamal linked with Diz to bring the 64s back into the game, however Hales crossed it in for Hadley to restore Madpools 2 goal cushion before the break. Gay hit in a beauty of a shot in the 2nd half and at that point Madpool seemed to be scoring for fun. Trainer missed a penalty that would have made it 5 but Madpool fans were more than satisfied with the result. The 64s were left worrying about the rest of the season despite a good performance.

(5 Stars) Intergalatigo Stars 1-0 Haden United (4 Stars)

The Stars beat United in a rather lifeless game that saw them triumph 1-0. The Stars lined up with a 4-4-2 formation while United went for an aggressive 4-3-3 approach. Stars took advantage of the extra man in midfield and edged out United 3-1 in chances. Undertaker set up Beckham for a cleanly took volley to give the Stars a victory with just 9 minutes left. A good 3 points for Stars while United will have wanted to have done better.

Most Important Result: Roostophe Rovers 1-0 Essex Elites, a controversial choice but Rovers send a strong signal with this win.

Stylish Play: Madpool, Bru were also up for this award but Madpool seemed beyond normal football as they made 13 chances against a midfield that had 5 players in it.

Best Player: Davy MacCalman, Bayern Bru, with 4 assists he was at a different level to any other player that was playing today.

What, we get to use subs now? I thought we already... *Takes a closer look*

Oh I see! This will come in handy :)

Veeery interesting! Adds a new dimension. Will be interesting to see how this affects game experience/form.