N-Europe

Camping 2011

Esequiel

First if taking an air bed, I recommend checking that you've got the stoppers with you. this can cause problems, they can of course be resolved with some quick thinking...

23838100.jpg

17634678.jpg

Always have a first aid kit with you...

68655669.jpg

Check your tent before you go to make sure you have all the pieces. this picture shows a small tent inside a large tent. the problem here was that a bedroom compartment was missing for the large tent, to resolve the problem we bought a small tent from tesco and put it up in the area where the bedroom compartment should be.

72967223.jpg

Pack a BBQ.... or 2

96044412.jpg

90276702.jpg

And have fun :)

My sister is off "glamping" next month. I thought it seemed pretty pointless but I was just looking at some of the images and I think if done in the right location would be pretty nice. She however is going to Cornwall, while there is nothing wrong with holidaying there, it just doesnt seem to fit with what id want for "glamping" anyway.

I did try and make plans with Goafer and another friend to go camping last year but we never seemed to get it sorted. May try again this year if theyre still up for it.

I go camping every year, ever since I was a kid. In fact I'm going to Cornwall tomorrow for two weeks of camping. :D 3 of us are going in a 12 man tent

owmnty12.jpg

(A bit overkill I know, but can't complain about too much room, eh? :P)

Me and my girlfriend bought this tent (http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products/tents/5-6-man-tents/outwell-virginia-5-tent.aspx) last year just for the two of us. It says it sleeps 5 (and it probably would if you like being extremely cosy) but I always find that halving the number it advertises is more realistic for anything more than a few days away. And it's a sewn in ground sheet, so that's always a plus as it keeps out the wind and bugs... if you're bothered by that.

You're best bet is to go to a yeoman's camping show place thing and have a look around the tents yourself. You live in Warsop don't you? The Dukeries Garden centre down the A60 has about 10 tents set up round the back (including that 5 man tent I linked above)