N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel for Fabio.

While personally I wanted John Terry to resign as captain, I can see how it must have angered Capello that the FA board intervened and made decisions on footballing matters - his job.

While I was never crazy about him, or the football that England have been playing, he had a pretty good record. I agree with Ramar that something must have forced his hand, to resign over an issue like this 6 months before his contract up seems mad otherwise.

Now we'll end up with a crook as the England manager. 'Arry probably doesn't know the words to the national anthem if he is as stupid as he pretended to be when on trial.

Im mixed with it all really. Personally I dont think Terry should have been captain anymore but I also think Capello should have been the one to make that call and not the FA.

It should have been Terry stepping down, except the blokes a morally corrupt twat.

Fucking John Terry. Nothing but fucking trouble for club and country.

Fabio was absolutely right to come out with what he said. He's the England manager, it should be his responsibility who he wants as Captain. Just...another England farce. Why do the media and FA persist with making retarded decisions and moves?

Well personally I'm not surprised he has resigned....John Terry pfff I don't think he should go to Euro 2012. What a massive twat. I just can't see how he can play for another manager when he has caused these problems to current regime. Give the job to Harry let him finish the season with spurs he can manage both....

Rumours going round that Stuart Pearce may get job as caretaker fuck that terrible decision...

Capello quitting. Not that surprised to be fair, he was the manager of England. Regardless of him leaving now or after the Euros, he should get a say into who is captain and who isn't. The FA have, well sweet F.A to do with that decision.

Now then, see what happens John when you smurk racial comments. I don't think he should play for England again, or ever wear the captains band again either.

We never had a chance of coming anywhere near the final of the Euro's, nevermind winning it.

Capello is a great manager, and we've lost out with him going.

I've said it before, but the FA are an embarrassment to our country and something needs to be done about it.

I'm sorry but you lot now going "oh Terry is a twat because he is to blame for ALL of this" are wrong. This whole John Terry issue didn't have to involve Capello to such an extent if the FA hadn't usurped his management role. If the FA had included Capello in the meeting, I feel it wouldn't have turned out like this.

It isn't as if all of your squad players have squeaky clean records. I don't agree with what Terry has done, and if he's a bigot (which he probably is) I will lose yet more respect after the hassle he has caused overall but I just think you lot need to look at the FA for making such a scandalous decision rather than placing it all on Terry.

I'm sorry but you lot now going "oh Terry is a twat because he is to blame for ALL of this" are wrong. This whole John Terry issue didn't have to involve Capello to such an extent if the FA hadn't usurped his management role. If the FA had included Capello in the meeting, I feel it wouldn't have turned out like this.

It isn't as if all of your squad players have squeaky clean records. I don't agree with what Terry has done, and if he's a bigot (which he probably is) I will lose yet more respect after the hassle he has caused overall but I just think you lot need to look at the FA for making such a scandalous decision rather than placing it all on Terry.

Of course, it is totally the FA's fault.

It's just fun to make fun of John Terry, and even if it isn't his fault, he is a twat :P

Capello quitting. Not that surprised to be fair, he was the manager of England. Regardless of him leaving now or after the Euros, he should get a say into who is captain and who isn't. The FA have, well sweet F.A to do with that decision.

Now then, see what happens John when you smurk racial comments. I don't think he should play for England again, or ever wear the captains band again either.

The FA are within their rights to do this I feel BUT they should have consulted Fabio which clearly didn't happen.

I don't think he should be playing full stop. I think though the fact the offence happened on pitch has an impact he carried out the alleged crime at his place of work, people in other lines of work may be suspended whilst they face trial for work related things or even not work related. Chelsea obviously made a decision to stick by him but I do feel he perhaps should have been suspended and then the England decision would have been null and void...

Terry also created this entire situation...he was the one who sent his barristar to court to get the trail delayed. Some quotes from articles about the case;

Everybody who faces trial has some considerable difficulty attending when there are other obligations

So I'm assuming this would mean work maybe childcare, but if you or I was summoned to court we would be expected to take the day off work and make arrangements...yet a footballer can justify his job as being a reason not to attend what other reasons did he have for a trial in March not to take place....which makes this next statement stink of lies:

District Judge Howard Riddle insisted it was not "special treatment"

Personally I do not think John Terry should go to the Euros it would undermine both the new captain and now the new manager. I used to love him and his bulldog cockney image now I fucking feel he is repugnant man who deserves what he gets.

Of course, it is totally the FA's fault.

It's just fun to make fun of John Terry, and even if it isn't his fault, he is a twat :P

Okay some people think he's a twat as a person sure that's fine, but too many people on here earlier were saying wow he shouldn't play at all now after all he's done.

He hasn't even been proven guilty yet! He hasn't come out and aggravated the problem, he's taken the decision to be removed as England captain silently and then all this fuss has come after that he hasn't done anything for this to happen.

The FA are within their rights to do this I feel BUT they should have consulted Fabio which clearly didn't happen.

I don't think he should be playing full stop. I think though the fact the offence happened on pitch has an impact he carried out the alleged crime at his place of work, people in other lines of work may be suspended whilst they face trial for work related things or even not work related. Chelsea obviously made a decision to stick by him but I do feel he perhaps should have been suspended and then the England decision would have been null and void...

Terry also created this entire situation...he was the one who sent his barristar to court to get the trail delayed. Some quotes from articles about the case;

So I'm assuming this would mean work maybe childcare, but if you or I was summoned to court we would be expected to take the day off work and make arrangements...yet a footballer can justify his job as being a reason not to attend what other reasons did he have for a trial in March not to take place....which makes this next statement stink of lies:

Personally I do not think John Terry should go to the Euros it would undermine both the new captain and now the new manager. I used to love him and his bulldog cockney image now I fucking feel he is repugnant man who deserves what he gets.

I think you'll find it wasn't just him saying he didn't want the trial then, it was practically everyone. Added on to the fact that he entered a not guilty plea, this meant both the prosecution and defence needed to gather their witness and evidence as opposed to a not guilty plea which is dealt without the majority of those parts.

I actually don't think Terry is guilty. When Terry says whatever he does, Cole (i think it was, it was definitely a black player) was walking right past him and they never looked up or reacted in anyway. Surely if he said something, they would of least looked up or something.

He's still a massive wanker.

Well this is a surprising turn of events. Like most here I have no doubt the FA prolly forced his hand in some way to make him resign, but with the Euro 2012 just round the corner a change of manager now could have a serious impact. The squad will have been playing Caplleo's style for how many years, now they'll have what 3 or 4 friendly games to adjust to a new manager and new style before Euro 2012. That's insane.

Also in Irish news.... I spotted in the newspapers yesterday Stephen Ireland's girlfriend said "Stephen wants to play for his country again, one phone call (presumably from Trap and/or the FAI) is all it will take"

Well I say he can want back in all he wants but I hope Trap tells him to fuck off honestly... or just not call him or entertain any questions about him.

He walked out on the country, said he didn't want to play for Ireland anymore, when Trap first became manager he did try to get Stephen to return to the Irish squad and Stephen declined... now all of a sudden he wants back in. Fuck Him. The only reason he wants in now is cause we qualified for the Euros and he wants to be a part of that. Well he has no business in even wanting to be a part of a tournament team when he had no involvement in getting the team to the tournament and likely had no desire to either during qualification.

What makes him think he deserves one of the limited team places for the Euro squad over a player who either played in the qualifying games or a youngster whose been trying his best to try get into the squad during the qualifiers and might have a chance to get into the Euro squad, while Stephen was all "I just want to concentrate on my club career" :mad:

I don't know how the likes of Given, Dunne and Keane manage to get on with him at Villa... I imagine it must be a lot of awkward silences :heh:

It seems to me that now Capello has gone, it gives everyone commenting on it licence to be suddenly very racist indeed.

'We need and English manager now, so nothing gets lost in translation'

'Should never have had a foreign manager in the first place'

etc.

It seems to me that now Capello has gone, it gives everyone commenting on it licence to be suddenly very racist indeed.

'We need and English manager now, so nothing gets lost in translation'

'Should never have had a foreign manager in the first place'

etc.

More xenophobic than racist. I agree, but I'd also say they were borderline whilst he was in the job. The media dictate who runs England and it's been that way since Keegan got the job.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!