Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

How could they not have seen it coming?

I just don't know ::shrug: We may never know what has been going on behind the scenes at Arsenal for the last few years..

In a way, it's sad to see.. but on the other hand, my desire to see Liverpool return to the glorious Champions League means I probably wouldn't be too upset to see the Gunners fall short :indeed:

Even you would admit that it isn't quite the same without us :heh:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is highly frustrating how late Arsene has left it, however it's nice to see some activity in the transfer market at last and for experienced players with international caps to their names, I look forward to seeing who else comes in when the transfer market closes, we'll at least be more solid with Mertesacker partnering Vermaelen in central defence and Park helps bolster the attack, need a playmaker or 2 still though so will be keeping an eye on the transfer news when I get back from work.

Well in the coming hours this post will fizzle away due to all the transfer market confirmations but i'll post a pro 5 update anyways,

We got revenge last night against one of the teams that beat us at the start of the season, a pretty comfortable and convincing win over Llyods.

revengeo.jpg

That 5-2 win means we're now ahead of them in 2nd place and in line for our 3rd promotion in 3 seasons, I know that's quite confident thinking, but our only defeats this season so far came at the hands of Llyods who we beat last night, and PT FC who although unbeaten, only beat us 10-8 when we played them.

so confidence is high that we can will our remaining matches, and cause an upset against PT FC.

I love pro-5.

With all the transfer activity this summer and my excitement going into this season, I've been making some updates to the football game my friends and I still play ahead of the latest releases.. namely, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 :heh:

A lot of people consider it to be one of the best football games ever made so I decided to freshen my game up a bit by updating the kits and the squads of certain teams. there's a long way to go, but here is some of my progress so far..

Photo0565.jpg

Photo0564.jpg

Photo0566.jpg

Photo0567.jpg

Photo0569.jpg

Photo0570.jpg

Photo0571.jpg

Photo0572.jpg

Photo0573.jpg

Photo0574.jpg

Photo0575.jpg

Photo0576.jpg

I won't be sorting out every team, mainly just the ones that get most use such as Liverpool, Chelsea, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona.. but I'll do as many as I can be bothered with :indeed:

There are obviously limitations with the kit editor but I've done my best to update the rather bland standard kits of the game of a few teams so far. I'm particulalry proud of some of the Chelsea kits :heh:

Andre Santos is now a gunner, as soon as Mertesacker is confirmed here's hoping for a playmaker or two by the deadline.

BBC Live Transfer thing was saying earlier that Honda from CSKA Moscow was a target for Arsenal.

Agh but after a little research, un-true....

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/31/2644490/keisuke-hondas-agent-confirms-midfielder-will-not-be-joining

BBC Live Transfer thing was saying earlier that Honda from CSKA Moscow was a target for Arsenal.

Agh but after a little research, un-true....

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/31/2644490/keisuke-hondas-agent-confirms-midfielder-will-not-be-joining

I was rather disappointed it was untrue as well, would have liked him at Arsenal but what can you do.

A report said Asamoah Gyan put in a transfer request, was kind of expecting it to be honest.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Looks like we've all but wrapped up Mertesacker. Source: Arsenal.com

Pleased although I think we could do with someone a bit more pacey. However two defensive signings today, I can't argue.

Would really like to see us tie-up a midfield playmaker/ marquee signing before the window closes, but it looks highly unlikely.

Edited by Ramar

Looks like we've all but wrapped up Mertesacker. Source: Arsenal.com

Pleased although I think we could do with someone a bit more pacey. However two defensive signings today, I can't argue.

Would really like to see us tie-up a midfield playmaker/ marquee signing before the window closes, but it looks highly unlikely.

Apparently we're still working hard to sign M'villa.

As for the pace thing, That's good enough for me.

Apparently we're still working hard to sign M'villa.

As for the pace thing, That's good enough for me.

That is against JT though. Lets not use his pace as a benchmark for quick CB's. Plus neither of them would keep up that kind of rapid acceleration for 90mins.

Apparently we're now in for Arteta, I'd be happy with that. The right type of player and has loads of premier league experience.

Would be a cracking buy, always liked Artete. Moyes might dig his heals in though. And what's his injury record like? Would like to see him at Le Arse, could complement their play. Does he also take set pieces?

Would be a cracking buy, always liked Artete. Moyes might dig his heals in though. And what's his injury record like? Would like to see him at Le Arse, could complement their play. Does he also take set pieces?

2009-10 he had quite a few injuries, but checking wiki he seems to make there-or-abouts 30 league apps a year. Which isn't too bad. And yeah I think he does take set pieces for Everton.

As someone said on twitter a few minutes ago this deal is similar to when we almost got Xabi Alonso. Took the piss making our mind up, left it too late and missed out.

That is against JT though. Lets not use his pace as a benchmark for quick CB's. Plus neither of them would keep up that kind of rapid acceleration for 90mins.

I'd never class Mertesacker as a pacey centre back, he's a commanding centre back. That being said, he can hardly be classed as slow if he's a fair bit faster than JT. We're not singing him for his speed, it's just people trying to pick holes in his ability.

2009-10 he had quite a few injuries, but checking wiki he seems to make there-or-abouts 30 league apps a year. Which isn't too bad. And yeah I think he does take set pieces for Everton.

As someone said on twitter a few minutes ago this deal is similar to when we almost got Xabi Alonso. Took the piss making our mind up, left it too late and missed out.

Well he looks just the player you need, PL experience, relatively inexpensive for a player of his quality, creative, and right footed (for free kicks as oppose to left footed RvP)

Arsène....

I'd have preferred Arteta, I don't think Benayoun is the type of midfielder we need. He does a lot of running and getting into the box, but we need someone a bit more akin to Fabregas. We're never going to replace him or get anyone world class in the time we have left, but the hole needs to be filled.

It's disgraceful how the club have let this happen.

I can't believe that we have shifted basically all our deadwood. Very happy with the players we have brought in, so far. :p

How the **** are Liverpool doing this? Cleared out most of their shite in one window and replaced with some decent signings (albeit some very overpriced ;))

Arsene, take fucking notes. We've failed to get rid of Squillaci and Almunia.. Yet let Eboué go.. :cry:

Edited by Ramar

So, let me get this right...Arsenal were in a good position to sign Arteta from Everton, a club who could really use the money at the moment. And, they couldn't get him because they didn't offer enough. 10 million?

Oh, Arsene.:nono:

Considering Everton bought him for 5, he's worth much more now. Just a few million extra would have done it. :heh:

I'm glad, I'd rather he stayed at Everton. I want them to do well this season.

So, let me get this right...Arsenal were in a good position to sign Arteta from Everton, a club who could really use the money at the moment. And, they couldn't get him because they didn't offer enough. 10 million?

Oh, Arsene.:nono:

Considering Everton bought him for 5, he's worth much more now. Just a few million extra would have done it. :heh:

I'm glad, I'd rather he stayed at Everton. I want them to do well this season.

Apparently we pulled out because Everton tried to squeeze more out of the deal. £10M was offered up front. Bit annoyed if that is true.

Looks like it's Benayoun.. Twitter

Apparently we pulled out because Everton tried to squeeze more out of the deal. £10M was offered up front. Bit annoyed if that is true.

Well, Everton have every right to squeeze more out of the deal. 10 million quid for Arteta is a bit cheeky, plus Everton have a paper thin squad and are under no obligation to sell to Arsenal right there and then.

I know they've got debts but still, they need to keep some of their players.

I feel bad for Everton, again. Have they signed anyone this summer? There's talk of them signing players, but has anyone actually come?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!