Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Not sure whether I'm happy with Comolli going, will have to wait and see what changes.

John Achterberg (GK coach) has been sacked, as has Peter Brukner (Head of Sports Medicine and Science).

Tom Werner has had a busy day it seems.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very time the Six Nations comes around and I watch some rugby, I can't help but be completely jealous and in awe of how fluidly their system works. Even Cricket has a very good refereeing system. And Tennis...

I agree!

I don't watch my rugby much but when I do it does seem so 'easy' ref makes that box symbol with his fingers, short wait (in most I seen very short) and then nice big writing on a screen saying TRY or NO TRY. Simple, quick and easy!

And Tennis if anything is even better! That hawkeye stuff is just awesome! And having a limit on 'challenges' if they are wrong are a great idea to stop the system being abused.

I'm not in favour of the pauses. It's bad enough in the Wigan v Man Utd game the people celebrating Moses' goal, then realising it's been disqualified. Add another 2- 5 minutes pause on that and try celebrating. Not the same. The cheers in Rugby always sound so contrived and not the same as pandemonium at a football game.

I'm not in favour of the pauses. It's bad enough in the Wigan v Man Utd game the people celebrating Moses' goal, then realising it's been disqualified. Add another 2- 5 minutes pause on that and try celebrating. Not the same. The cheers in Rugby always sound so contrived and not the same as pandemonium at a football game.

It's not 2-5 minutes though. Depending on what it is it could be seconds (i.e. did the ball cross the line or not?).

An 'challenged' offside decision wouldn't take up much time either, only enough for the replay to be shown to a new television referee and him to buzz down to the main ref.

Yeah like Charlie said it would take seconds.

But I agree with your point. Like, watching that on MotD it seemed like a completely thrilling game because of all the dodgey ref decisions. Week in week out it's half of what the pundits discuss. It's like, being pissed off at referees is all part of the enjoyment of the game.

Becomes a bit more ridiculous the more important the match, like bad decisions in a champs league / world cup final with millions of people watching is a bit of a joke, but that said it would be impossible to say where to draw the line.

--

Actually quite liking how the FA cup is panning out this year, all the teams left will be wanting the trophy..

Like, watching that on MotD it seemed like a completely thrilling game because of all the dodgey ref decisions. Week in week out it's half of what the pundits discuss. It's like, being pissed off at referees is all part of the enjoyment of the game.

That's just a ridiculous reason to not have video technology though and is Platini's (or Blatter's?) main argument for not having it. Words can't get across just how stupid an idea it is. If a ball went across the line it should be a goal no matter what the referee says (obviously barring any offsides etc).

Yeah people talk about football but they're hardly not going to talk about it because there aren't any bad decisions anymore.

rumors are that Cryuff has agreed in principle to become new DF @ Liverpool.

Really hope this is true, Cryuff has a strong mind and a philosophy on how his teams should play. If this not happening he will make his voice heard.

Goodbye to british mediocrity and hello to quality!! :)

Actually confident we will beat everton tomorrow. Played well on Tuesday and should should hopefully now start playing well over a run of games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268

If this happens, then the SPL will hardly be worth watching the next 2 seasons.

if they relaunch as a new company they shouldnt be even allowed in the SPL. They should have to start at the bottom.

Edited by khilafah

I didn't realise that Liverpool Vs Everton was only on ESPN! I've just been raging about it to my sister over the phone. I've told her I will pay the extra £9 it will cost to have her switch on ESPN for a month.

Yep I only just noticed this last night..will have to find another way of watching it. The whole FA Cup Semi Final weekend is a farce...2 merseyside teams having lunchtime kick off, 2 london having an evening kick off...

I would have thought ITV would have first pick at the semi finals so god knows why they chose Spurs - Chelsea, I would have thought Liverpool - Evertone would have a higher viewer count!

Are you guys not old enough to go to a pub and watch it?

EDIT: Oh Charrager is starting, clearly he has been the week link since Agger got injured, I don't get it!!! Unless were playing 3 at the back with two wing backs. God knows!!

Edited by James

Good on the Liverpool. Another final. Made hard work of it though. Don't think anybody can argue that Liverpool were the better side. Good games from Downing, Carroll & Suarez. Thank God Everton didn't have any real chances because I didn't tust Jones, he looked very nervous.

Didnt get to watch the match but im glad to see Liverpool got through to the final. To be honest though with our squad problems I dont see us winning another trophy, too many average players.

What a time to say that. :hmm: Where's the positivity? We just beat Everton in the FA Cup semi ffs.

So so so proud of the players, 2nd half we were magnificent. First half was crap for both teams, was bad to watch.

Suárez and Carroll, though. Both exceptional.

Suárezs second half performance was special, the whole team really responded second half.

Brad Jones, aswell. Was pure class in his interview. Knows he won't play in the final, but he was still so happy. Top top man.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

YNWA. :heart:

Edited by MadDog

So glad Liverpool got through. I think Everton and Liverpool are weak but Everton are exactly the type of team we'd get complacent against. Can't see anything other than Ledley King lifting the cup on May 5th now :)

I'm not sure who I want, I'm not really bothered. I think Chelsea will beat Spurs though.

I should want Chelsea to win, because we beat them again and again.

And shut up @Ellmeister. ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!