NEurope
Dan_Dare

Free to a good home

New thread idea!

My room is largely full of stuff, mostly stuff I do not use, need or particularly want. I suspect a lot of you feel the same about trinkets and whatnot.

So here's an idea: Give it away. Specifically, give it away to other forumites. In turn, get free stuff from other forumites!

Just list what you don't want - old games worth dick all in trade ins or dvds you've watched to death. Dog eared books you'll never read again. If someone posts something you want, shout out and it goes on first come first serve basis.

Yeah? Yeah!

edit: Should note that any swappage should ideally be negotiated by PM. For light stuff, I think P&P paid by the poster is fair game, but anything else should be up for paypal or whatever.

Edited by Dan_Dare

I'm currently in the process of moving my entire DVD collection onto my PC as well as trying to get rid of stuff before I head of to college so I'd be up for this, just might be a while before I can get a complete list together :heh:

Yeah I'm not listing much just yet. I need to look around but the thread is here for anyone who wants to list up in the meantime.

I have a dislike of tatty old books :hmm:

I doubt anyone would get much from me, though I do have some stuff probably.

Whatever happened to leading by example?

I got books I'm willing to offload. I believe Daft/dan are interested in Consider Phlebas (lent Player of Games to a slow-reading friend).

- Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

- Ian M. Banks - The Algebraist

- Bill Bryson - The Life and Times of The Thunderbold Kid

Those are the ones i have right in front of me that I know I'm done with. I tend to 'lend' people I know the books I want others to read. I have some pratchett books lying around (gave loads to a mate for his birthday). If interest picks up, I'll go through my books/games i'm willing to 'lend'/swap. Off for the weekend so I won't be able toget back to people for a few days (if anyone is interested, anyway)

(And bagsy any Invincible lendings. Am willing to return when read!)

P.S. for those who aren't a fan of well-read books, I'll say if any of mine aren't in near-new condition. Spines tend to be marked, because i prefer the feel of a used book.

OK, they may be a bit useless but here's some stuff I found that I'll never use/sell.

- Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable (No idea if it works with the new ones)

- Book: Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Cover is damaged and there appears to be some slight water damage)

- Book: The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid

- Nintendo World Cup (Game Boy)

- Robot Wars Metal Meyham (Game Boy Colour)

Edited by Cube

Ooh could I dibs that transfer cable?

Sure, PM your details.

FEEL FREE TO RECIPROCATE ON THAT GPU DAN.

:heh:

Also; I like stuff, and clutter, so I will be hanging on to my shit indefinitely.

Haha, have loads of stuff as well, don't know if’s to any use of you though. And to be honest, I don’t think I can be arsed with posting stuff..

I have for example some old Kinder Surprise toys that I’m thinking of geting rid of (making somebody happy hopefully), but I’ll probably just put a note in the Supermarket.

I like this idea - almost like a swap shop or freecycle.

I currently am trying to get rid of a bass guitar and amp (the guitar isn't a particularly brand I believe.), a large collection of beanie babies, pokemon cards.

I can't get home til this weekend mind if anyone had any interest. The guitar I want gone the most, it works great, as does the amp, but it's been left around for years.

Dan, you just made this thread to get free shit.

YOU'RE NOT A REAL HIPPY!

OK, they may be a bit useless but here's some stuff I found that I'll never use/sell.

- Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable (No idea if it works with the new ones)

- Book: Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Cover is damaged and there appears to be some slight water damage)

- Book: The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid

- Nintendo World Cup (Game Boy)

OMG PLEASE CAN I HAVE NINTENDO WORLD CUP!!!! I used to have it and love it and lost it!

On another note there will come the point where I move to Canada and I will be clearing out plenty of stuff rest assured!

This thread will've degenerated into a bunch of DO WANT lists and disappeared into page 34 by then, don't worry.

So wait, is this a 'give this away because I don't want it' thing or is it a 'swap this for this' thing or is it both?

I recommend a rule, Dan :P If you want something, you have to put something of equal value up for someone else!

So wait, is this a 'give this away because I don't want it' thing or is it a 'swap this for this' thing or is it both?

I'm hoping it's a "Here's something I can't be bothered to sell" thread, which will turn into a:

""I would like that" "OH YOU DO?! Well it's going to cost you!"" thread.

I recommend a rule, Dan :P If you want something, you have to put something of equal value up for someone else!

I think it should be unless you just want to get rid of it for nothing.

Like if you're going to exchange a X360 game, it could be that both are in the same year or something unless you don't care about that and just want that game.

Like you say what you want and then say "In return, I'll trade you any out of the three" or whatever. Make a list of what you don't want and are willing to give away in return for something you'd want out of the list people are putting up. That way, everyone's getting something for nothing.

No, then it becomes the trades and sell board. Pele have shit they want to get rid of, others take it, simple.

I think you'll find torture is illegal.

No, then it becomes the trades and sell board. Pele have shit they want to get rid of, others take it, simple.

True I suppose but Dan did say give it away and get stuff in return anyway. I'm not saying it should always be like that but if you want something else, you should just say.

Yeah I'd rather keep it to swaps and give aways. If we go in to equal values it's not in the style of a freecycle, which is the point :P

but I do think people should try and contribute both sides of the trade. If you get something in here, try and find time to post your own stuff too.