NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Seems like it could benefit from a Wikipedia style similar to the one Giant Bomb uses. Still getting his own content up there but the community being able to help out with a lot of the mindless information that could take time to add.

Are you coming to the N-E Meet nightwolf?

You have to, Nightwolf.

Retro is really desperate to make it less of a sausage fest than it was last year. :p

Plus Goafer will be there, and maybe Moogle, too.

Seems like it could benefit from a Wikipedia style similar to the one Giant Bomb uses. Still getting his own content up there but the community being able to help out with a lot of the mindless information that could take time to add.

Of course someone would need to moderate it, but introducing a trusted group of enthusiasts to maintain certain sections would likely eliminate misinformation and could only drive content.

If I'm out of line for asking, feel free not to respond, but how many staff members does Serebii.net actually have, Serebii? I assume it's a one man band, which would make your workload even more horiffic yet the accomplishment even more admirable.

Mods: Can we divide this thread into a new one, perhaps? This is a great discussion and although it's a logical conversational progression, we're going way off topic. May I suggest "Work VS Life" as a title? Maybe the subtitle of "Striking a balance"?

Edited by Guy

Na, there's another site like that in the top Pokémon sites.

Besides, not to brag but information that'd take a group a week to do I can usually crack out in less than a day

Of course someone would need to moderate it, but introducing a trusted group of enthusiasts to maintain certain sections would likely eliminate misinformation and could only drive content.

If I'm out of line for asking, feel free not to respond, but how many staff members does Serebii.net actually have, Serebii? I assume it's a one man band, which would make your workload even more horiffic yet the accomplishment even more admirable.

Mods: Can we divide this thread into a new one, perhaps? This is a great discussion and although it's a logical conversational progression, we're going way off topic.

I have a person who writes the Pokémon of the Week. I occasionally get a hand if I'm doing a really old game section (in the process of redoing them during the quiet times). I have a few friends who help with translation, one of whom may provide some game info if he gets his copy before me when a game launches, and one who aids in extraction of data, but the rest is all me.

Are you coming to the N-E Meet nightwolf?

You have to, Nightwolf.

Retro is really desperate to make it less of a sausage fest than it was last year. :p

Plus Goafer will be there, and maybe Moogle, too.

I'm not sure which is why I've only been spying on the thread. Given the shifts I'm currently doing I might be able too.

Why?

I have a person who writes the Pokémon of the Week. I occasionally get a hand if I'm doing a really old game section (in the process of redoing them during the quiet times). I have a few friends who help with translation, one of whom may provide some game info if he gets his copy before me when a game launches, and one who aids in extraction of data, but the rest is all me.

Thanks for clarifying. It's great there are people to help, but consider how much easier it would be if you could find reliable people to do even more tasks. I'm not saying you'd never have to do work on the site again, but you'd probably be able to strike a better balance.

Then again, what do I know? I've never run a website on this scale before.

Thanks for clarifying. It's great there are people to help, but consider how much easier it would be if you could find reliable people to do even more tasks. I'm not saying you'd never have to do work on the site again, but you'd probably be able to strike a better balance.

Then again, what do I know? I've never run a website on this scale before.

The thing is, the stuff I listed is minor. The vast majority of it is me. I don't like delegating stuff to others. I prefer to do things myself.

The thing is, the stuff I listed is minor. The vast majority of it is me. I don't like delegating stuff to others. I prefer to do things myself.

That's probably where all your time is going then. I'm sorry, but maybe I need to step back a second and gain some clarity. From reading this thread I get the impression your life is basically consumed by working on Serebii.net.

If I'm wrong, I apologise as this off-topic conversation has now itself gone off-topic.

I'm not sure which is why I've only been spying on the thread. Given the shifts I'm currently doing I might be able too.

Why?

No real reason, just the more the merrier!

And an opportunity for us all to meet and hang out with others/new people.

That's probably where all your time is going then. I'm sorry, but maybe I need to step back a second and gain some clarity. From reading this thread I get the impression your life is basically consumed by working on Serebii.net.

If I'm wrong, I apologise as this off-topic conversation has now itself gone off-topic.

Indeed, but it doesn't eat as much time as you'd think, it only really does during new game releases

No real reason, just the more the merrier!

And an opportunity for us all to meet and hang out with others/new people.

Haha, sorry, I always get a bit wary on here with questions like that.

Ideally - yes, but I've never been to London by myself and don't relish the idea (I'm not particularly good with large crowds.) :shakehead

Indeed, but it doesn't eat as much time as you'd think, it only really does during new game releases

I can imagine. Well, I guess as long as you're happy there's nothing further to say except thanks for devoting so much time to the Pokemon community. Keep up the good work, although I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

It's just some friendly stalking from Retro.

Ideally - yes, but I've never been to London by myself and don't relish the idea (I'm not particularly good with large crowds.) :shakehead

I did it last year - it's not that bad. Even though people like ReZ were there, it was probably the most comfortable I've felt in a large crowd.

Why on earth would you be wary?

Ideally - yes,

Will you be naked?

Oh dear.

1. No I will not be naked, stop asking Moogle, you will never have enough money.

2. I meant London, places like London are awful, loud with too many annoying people.

I will see, it all depends on whether I'm working as I'm currently doing 12 hour shifts over weekends.

1. No I will not be naked, stop asking Moogle, you will never have enough money.

@Serebii we've found a use for your six figure savings.

You used to be cool.

Now look at you, just like the rest of them.

Oh no!

But with out my cool I'm just Ness Bears.

Which makes no sense. :heh:

I'm a bit surprised people are on Serebii's back so much about selling the website. Clearly he takes great joy in running it and is not doing it for the money, so why on Earth do you want him to sell it so much?

Especially after he's explained that - apart from the odd couple of weeks - it doesn't prevent him from going out.

I'm a bit surprised people are on Serebii's back so much about selling the website. Clearly he takes great joy in running it and is not doing it for the money, so why on Earth do you want him to sell it so much?

Just to clarify, I merely asked how much the site was worth.

I do remember previous posts though where he did say his site was an issue as it took up too much time around game releases, and understandably that can be a barrier when you're new to a relationship.

Edit. I've realised. I bloody hate women. Expect a post tomorrow summarising my life's woes and how much of a mess I'm in :heh:

Edited by Goron_3