NEurope
Serebii

Super Pokémon Rumble

Confirmed

Japanese release on July 28th 2011 (My 25th Birthday...I swear they're gunning for me)

01.jpg02.jpg

I assume this is a sequel/expansion of the WiiWare game, which I never played but always thought that it looked quite cool. Is this going to be a full game or another downloadable?

Also, I am pretty sure that's the first time a Pokémon game has featured a Mii, but I may be wrong.

My Pokémon Ranch had Miis as well, Adthegreat.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to this. Loved Pokémon Rumble to bits (as did most people, from what I can tell from the WiiWare sales lists), and I did want another game like it with the 5th Gen Pokémon.

I'm satisfied.

My Pokémon Ranch had Miis as well

Ah so it did, but I wouldn't really call it a game as such though. First retail Pokémon game with Miis then. :p

Fantastic news! I highly recommend everyone check out the WiiWare game as it was such a blast. I think I sunk over 20 hours into it.

Some new details have come out regarding the upcoming game; Super Pokémon Scramble, due for release in Japan on July 28th. The details released are in regards to various modes and features, as well as the box-art and are as follows;

The game runs similar to before and has you go through a variety of areas obtaining Pokémon as you go through. Pokémon are obtained by chance when you defeat other Pokémon. Like before, there is a boss at the end of each area. You also have the ability to obtain Pokémon through communication with friends with the game. Like before, Pokémon of the same species may know different moves, and you can teach them even stronger moves.

Pokémon Collection Battle Challenge: This mode has you battle through all the Pokémon you have collected. If you win the battle, you proceed to areas with stronger Pokémon.

Battle Royale: This mode is where you all the other Pokemon are your enemies. Many Pokemon keep attacking each other until one is left in the ring, as they come attacking from all sides while you fight them off.

Charge Battle: This mode has you against groups of tem Pokémon and as usual, the task here is to defeat them all. Blow them away, and you win

StreetPass: Using the StreetPass feature of the Nintendo 3DS, you can battle other players as you pass by them

box-big.jpg

Fantastic news! I highly recommend everyone check out the WiiWare game as it was such a blast. I think I sunk over 20 hours into it.
I enjoyed the demo for that, but never got around to buying the full game. :blank:

The fact that it cost around a million Wii Points put me off. :heh:

So many people are wondering why they've made a sequel to Rumble, but people forget that Rumble was the top selling WiiWare game for months

So many people are wondering why they've made a sequel to Rumble, but people forget that Rumble was the top selling WiiWare game for months

Indeed. Ever since its release, it's been at or near the very top. Well deserved, too.

And yeah, I love the box art as well. Mii-Swoobat looks even more adorable than the regular ones (as do all the Pokémon featured on the box, of course). <3

Excellent, from the previous info I was worried that it would be exclusively Gen. V. Not that there's anything wrong with that generation, but having more Pokémon seriously extends the replayability of a game like this.

This title is looking very tempting, I think I'll pick it up.

Any idea when we'll see it over here?

Excellent, from the previous info I was worried that it would be exclusively Gen. V. Not that there's anything wrong with that generation, but having more Pokémon seriously extends the replayability of a game like this.

This title is looking very tempting, I think I'll pick it up.

Any idea when we'll see it over here?

I'd hazard a guess at September/October. Before Christmas anyway

Edited by Serebii

That is AWESOME! The 3D looks really great! *saves all the pictures*

Too bad it won't be released in Europe before next year or whatever...

A question, too:

Has the screenshot feature from the previous Rumble game been confirmed to be in this game?

Edited by FireMeowth

That is AWESOME! The 3D looks really great! *saves all the pictures*

Too bad it won't be released in Europe before next year or whatever...

A question, too:

Has the screenshot feature from the previous Rumble game been confirmed to be in this game?

Not yet, but I hope it's still in it so I'm not taking camera photos when covering it in two weeks. Still not got an image capture kit :/

US Name & Release;

Pokémon Rumble Blast

October 24th 2011

Can a mod change the topic name?

What a rubbish name change... :blank:

Super Pokemon Scramble at least sounded half decent but Pokemon Rumble Blast?

This isn't a Dragon Ball Z game. :indeed:

Famitsu review info from 1UP.com.

Pokemon Rumble Blast (8/8/8/8, 32 points): The 3DS's first full Pokemon title is apparently all right, if not spectacular. "The controls are responsive enough that just moving Pokemon around is fun in itself," one editor said. "The system is pretty simple and none of the areas are particularly complex, but collecting Pokemon is addictive and before you realize it, you find yourself trying the same stage multiple times."

"The quick tempo and easy learning curve make for a pretty simple action game," said another, "but there's enough strategy to the fighting that it's more than worth the time invested. A lot of work's been put into the graphics as well, making it exciting to watch. You tend to do the same thing over and over again, but it's still addictive."

Japanese launch has been delayed to August 11th. I think the recent typhoon may be the reason

At least you can take your birthday off now.

Already had my celebrations lol