N-Europe

Sonic Generations 3DS

Retro_Link

Mushroom Hill Zone looks ace!

Has this got other new levels not seen in the console versions?

If so i may up getting both copies!

I think the only levels the 3DS and HD versions share are Green Hill zone but even then I doubt thos eare exactly the same.

I'm actually going to leave the HD version until it hits the sales, to much 2D Sonic platforming to pass up in the 3DS version.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is no one else disappointed by the fact that there are no levels from handheld Sonic games in this? When it was first revealed, it sounded like it was going to be a homage to past handheld games.

As far as I'm aware, there's no confirmation of that.

There's a screenshot of Emerald Coast, but for all we know that's a minigame or something because so far, we dont have a single other screenshot (as far as I know) from levels from the 3D games..

There's still a chance that handheld levels are in I think, unless im out of date on news.

EDIT:

http://scene.sonicth.ru/eng/?p=55

Okay, so seconds after I posted that, I found out I am out of date.

There are loads of screenshots now of Emerald Coast.

Edited by James McGeachie
Automerged Doublepost

I have to say, thinking about it more, doing versions of the 3D game levels on the 3DS version is actually stupid.

Why? Because the 3DS game only has 2D (I mean sidescrolling) levels for both its "classic" and "modern" modes.

So the classic emerald coast will be sidescrolling instead of 3D like it originally was and the modern version will be sidescrolling as well...which makes no sense at all obviously.

I know the next gen versions have the classic levels as sidescrolling even for the 3D levels, but at least then the modern ones are closer to how they originally played.

I thought that the 3ds version had a mixture of 2d and 3d.

I have seen screen shots of the Sonic Adventure level and there are parts of that which look like its in full 3d?

Can't be sure though as I haven't seen any actual footage.

Either way though, I think this game looks sooo good! Excited!

The 3ds has a great winter coming up! :grin:

I thought that the 3ds version had a mixture of 2d and 3d.

I have seen screen shots of the Sonic Adventure level and there are parts of that which look like its in full 3d?

Can't be sure though as I haven't seen any actual footage.

Either way though, I think this game looks sooo good! Excited!

The 3ds has a great winter coming up! :grin:

The whale sections are scripted events, so they'll be in "full 3D" in that the camera will show it from a perspective that looks that way.

Nothing you control will be 3D.

It's all on a 2D plane, but the modern Sonic sections just use more "dynamic" angles.

The music here is the main thing that makes me think buying the 3DS version may be a good idea.

That music is so EPIC. I LOVED that music in the original, they used it twice in the original games, in Sonic 3 & Sonic & Knuckles, although i suppose they were kind of the 'same' game, following on from each other.

• 2 weeks later...
The article just posted on the main site mentions rumours of a delay until 2012. Anyone have a source for this?

First I've heard of this so I went for a look around:

Portable Edition Receives Reprieve?

This would be fairly significant if it pans out. GamesRadar is hearing from, in their words, “a reliable source,” who claims Sonic Generations for the Nintendo 3DS may be delayed into early next year.

If it holds, that means Nintendo fans would miss out on their special edition in time for the Holiday season–and Sega would miss out on that Holiday sales boost.

It is difficult to believe this, seeing as the build on display at New York Comic Con appears very far along, and given how Japan has cemented concrete December release dates for both. But it would not be the first time Sega has done such a thing with its 3DS fare. Shinobi on the system was delayed earlier this year, and many believed it was due to poor system sales. In addition, judging from what is on display at the show, the 3DS version certainly could use some extra time to iron out some issues.

GamesRadar also speculated Sega may be doing this to tie in to a possible later Generations release for the Playstation Vita. You’ve heard murmurs of that mysterious port before.

We will ask Sega representatives at NYCC tomorrow if they know anything about this rumored delay. For the moment, we’ll keep it at just that: Rumor.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/10/14/rumor-sonic-generations-3ds-delayed-to-2012/

Personally I wouldn't mind a delay due to a busy November anyway, but sucks for those who are waiting for it (if it's true).

Edit: Found this on Twitter:

BTW, I did ask about the 3DS delay...and I'll leave it at that. Wait for the audio.

https://twitter.com/#!/tssznews/status/125308369669074944

I dont really know much about this game, but i saw a few vids and it reminds me of sonic rush, mind you sonic rush was awesome but i was waiting for something more original. Anyway Abyss is on the same day, meaning this is a no for me... for now.

Shit looking? Hmmm. Yeah, actually, I'm going to ignore all the hands on previews saying the game is brilliant on the 3DS and listen to someone who think the gameplay 'looks fucking shit'!

I was actually going based on a few previews from the last week that said the game felt messy and that there was virtually no gameplay at all in the modern levels, as in, that they're pretty much empty and dont even have much platforming.

I'm someone who loved the Rush games for the record and from what I see of this game's level design it seems to definitely be falling below that by far in terms of level design.

• 2 weeks later...

TheHut have a Sonic Generations with Super Monkey Ball 3D bundle on their website for £34.95. If you've been e-mailed a 10% discount voucher it'll only cost you £31.46, so basically you're getting a free game which you can keep or sell on.

*Places pre-order despite having too many games pre-ordered for November*