NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Yeah I caught a Tarantula today as well. Don't know how rare they are supposed to be.

Yeah, they only appear after 9pm to something like 3am and they attack you if you have the net out or they run away when you don't, so they are normally hard to catch.

I'm glad I took a risk with this game. I'll be able to pay off my first downpayment tomorrow, and there's the first event. I just hope I can buy a net (I have the shovel, fishing rod and watering can).

I got mine from Isabelle.

Downloading an eShop copy now. The girlfriend has confiscated the game from me tomorrow and I have several hours of car journey to look forward to. At least this way we can enjoy having a village each!

Yeah, they only appear after 9pm to something like 3am and they attack you if you have the net out

I was wondering around until I saw something dark moving very quickly. It kept going in circles and I just collided with it. Got stung in the end and fainted like a KO'd Pokemon.

I was wondering around until I saw something dark moving very quickly. It kept going in circles and I just collided with it. Got stung in the end and fainted like a KO'd Pokemon.

I've just seen one now but the thing hid behind a building and then attacked me. :(

:o I HAVE THE CODE, I DOWNLOADED THE GAME. :bouncy:

Wanted to sleep but I guess it's time to play my first Animal Crossing game : peace:

:o I HAVE THE CODE, I DOWNLOADED THE GAME. :bouncy:

Wanted to sleep but I guess it's time to play my first Animal Crossing game : peace:

Hey I couldn't sleep last night so thought I'd have a quick half an hour on this, before I knew it was 4am!

So I got my first streetpass today! My girlfriend had some errands to run so I sat in the car playing whilst she did them. One really good feature is you can look around other peoples houses and order items from their house. I've bought 3 things that fitted a theme I'm going with.

Oh btw one thing I think we should try to do when visiting is add each other as best friends then you can message through the game enabling meet ups easier rather than relying on here/swapnote.

@flameboy I've finished it (that white swish over the shoulder was tricky!) but i'm on the way to my GF's at the mo. Will be back online tomorrow though!

Gonna work on the classic yellow/green utd top from 93 next :) Loving the customisations. Wish I could do shorts and socks too though.

Ok awesome thanks. Yes I had problems with it. I'll post mine up here! Hopefully catch you some time over weekend to get it. Have now added you at least.

Hey I couldn't sleep last night so thought I'd have a quick half an hour on this, before I knew it was 4am!

Oh btw one thing I think we should try to do when visiting is add each other as best friends then you can message through the game enabling meet ups easier rather than relying on here/swapnote.

I've been adding everyone as a best friend, including you Mr.Pompey Mayor, and it is the way to go.

I've been adding everyone as a best friend, including you Mr.Pompey Mayor, and it is the way to go.

ok next time we meet up i'll do the same.

Yep I will be.

Checked the store this morning and it was still the same two tools on sale as yesterday. I just want my fishing rod :(

Yep I will be.

Checked the store this morning and it was still the same two tools on sale as yesterday. I just want my fishing rod :(

I want my slingshot! I have seen 3 balloons just float on by the past 2 days. :(

It's an absolute TEASE! I saw my first flying present today but luckily for me I read this last night:

Little tip for the present boxes without a slingshot - use the net! Follow the balloon as it makes its way across your town and when it goes over the cliff, it lowers down so you can whack it with your net. Haven't got a slingshot yet and that hasn't stopped me from getting some balloon furniture.

It worked, thanks :D

Yep I will be.

I did all the things that Isabelle suggested (thanks Cube!) and got to the point where I had to start fishing. Problem was I didn't have a rod and the store had closed. I went back to her and was able to buy it from her for the same price. 500 Bells.

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Problem for me is that the design of my town has the cliff on the left and not the right so it wont work for me.

Oh yeah i wanted to check. Have the rules for the money rock changed? I know in the other games it was random each day but so far both times ive done it the money has come from the same rock.

Yep I will be.

Isabelle told me what I liked most, since I already had the net, I said I liked fishing the most. Talking to her one more time and I got the fishing rod for 500 bells.

Problem for me is that the design of my town has the cliff on the left and not the right so it wont work for me.

Oh yeah i wanted to check. Have the rules for the money rock changed? I know in the other games it was random each day but so far both times ive done it the money has come from the same rock.

I have had two different rocks.

Little tip for the present boxes without a slingshot - use the net! Follow the balloon as it makes its way across your town and when it goes over the cliff, it lowers down so you can whack it with your net. Haven't got a slingshot yet and that hasn't stopped me from getting some balloon furniture.

Thanks for this. I didn't have either the slingshot or the net, but gave this a go with a shovel and that also works. Managed to get myself a balloon closet.

I was in 2nd with 36 points. Been taken off the podium for now. All I'm seeing are common & yellow butterflys, Bees & Locusts :(

Tiger butterflies tend to take you into the 60s, then just keep an eye out on flowers for a white mantis and for a black butterfly flying around. Those should get you over 80 and the limited edition prize.

Oooh it's on!

I had a firefly I caught last night before I went to sleep and was gonna sell it but gave it in by chance and netted myself 68 points! So I have won 2 items off him now!

Happenstance - that's a good score! We should all post and see which N-E member gets the best bug! :heh:

I have to say, when I first started playing this last night I felt like I wasn't going to 'get it'. But now, I just can't put it down. It's just unlike anything else! Really loving it!

Bug off yay! Currently 1st place twice. Not seen any tarantulas though, but I guess as Ike said they're a night time thing. I caught two the other night, none of them attacked me! Maybe cos I was sneaking with the net though.

@Happenstance, how'd you get the orchid mantis? I been trying to get one since yesterday cos Groucho wants one from me! I stupidly said I would, but I've yet to find them!

In other news, I'm mildly chuffed to see a pink and orange tulip sprout this morning! Something about flowers that I love so much. Need to srsly reorganise my flowers into something decent soon though.

Btw if anyone needs a net for a bug-off - my shops selling a net again today, I'll happily buy it and bring it over for anyone.

OH! Almost forgot. I ate a fortune cookie - I've met with a terrible fate :D

@Happenstance, how'd you get the orchid mantis? I been trying to get one since yesterday cos Groucho wants one from me! I stupidly said I would, but I've yet to find them!

I was just wandering around and saw one on a plant so netted it. I think ive seen another one since then but I was too close to the flower when it came on screen so lost it straight away.

The only problem with this Bug-Off is that ive caught a few rare ones today and would like to have taken them to the museum but I keep hoping that they'll get me that higher score.

Currently 1st place in my town for the Bug-Off with 133 points from a Birdwing Butterfly. :cool:

Game had me in stitches earlier when I saw Marcel going around with his bug net. He sneaked up on a yellow butterfly that was on some flowers, took a swing at it but completely missed, his reaction to missing it was absolutely hilarious!! :laughing:

Oh how I love Animal Crossing. :love:

My highest is a darner dragonfly with 45 points. Twi tiger butterflied couldn't match it.

Also, I got Samus' helmet from a fortune cookie.

I'm in first place with around 120 points at the moment, although I wish I hadn't got such a high score so early, as I've only got two of the rare prizes after unintentionally shooting straight from 30 points to 97 earlier. I'll probably leave it until 5pm now, before getting a bunch of high scoring bugs from the island. It's kind of annoying how the animal villagers can sneak in and beat you right at the end, though, which is what happened to me in the fishing tourney.

I'm in first place with around 120 points at the moment, although I wish I hadn't got such a high score so early, as I've only got two of the rare prizes after unintentionally shooting straight from 30 points to 97 earlier. I'll probably leave it until 5pm now, before getting a bunch of high scoring bugs from the island. It's kind of annoying how the animal villagers can sneak in and beat you right at the end, though, which is what happened to me in the fishing tourney.
Yeah, I started out with a honey bee and gradually handed in larger/rarer bugs to try and maximise prizes. ;)

I'll be surprised if I get beaten by any of my villagers, especially if Marcel's efforts are anything to go by. :heh: