NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Ok I'll be downloading this later on. Apparently you have to choose your preferred map layout at the start? Anyone have any tips for the best type of map to have, or is there no difference?

There's no real right answer here, just pick what you think looks the best. I picked one that had all the houses clumped together as it made it easier to visit everyone without having to run around all over the place.

I only did it as a test to see if the lychee is a tree and not just a fruit, it is. So i got 4 lychees to give away. First come, first served. 1 is kept to grow me another tree, rest are fair game to anyone else.

"My gate is open to everyone" sounds a tad dodgy :P

When you buy a download title from GAME, do they send you a card with the code in the post or do you get the code instantly after ordering?

It's instant.

I really dont see the point in time traveling. The whole appeal of this game for me is its real time nature, thats what keeps me playing the Animal Crossing games everyday for months or even a year or so. If I was to start getting things too quickly it would just give me less to do later.

Absolutely. You will quite literally ruin the game experience for yourself if you start time travelling. It's completely missing the point of the game.

In other news, this page has a really good explanation for how to spot Redd's fakes (so we can avoid buying fake goods when he has 4 things on display). I think given none of us are art connoisseurs, we'd probably have difficulty spotting fake art ourselves so this seems fair game. He also doesn't turn up that often so it's a real bummer if you end up with a fake.

Damn, all that work wasted! Thanks.

Can't believe they didn't mention this to you in game!

My island is available today, will go there after work. :)

I'll be using that next time. My Statue of David ended up being a fake.

Been busy filling the museum with fish, fossils and bugs. Trying to get my first expansion on the museum sorted, before Nook the Crook demands even more money from me. Closing in on the 2nd mortgage to be cleared, only 10k from that. Then who knows, maybe i may add things to town like a bridge in a certain spot. Gets annoying where it is at the moment.

Redd's dodgy.

Can't believe they didn't mention this to you in game!

My island is available today, will go there after work. :)

They probably did and I just didnt pay enough attention.

I went back to the Island and managed to get most of the stuff I got the first time, only a few bugs that werent there and the special fruit that I picked all of so I'll go back in a few days for that. Thankfully I didnt collect all the coconuts so I was able to get the rest and plant them on my beach.

for those that have the map that puts the town hall in the top left, witht eh river running from middle left, to middle bottom, that prevents access to a tiny section of beach....can you build something to access this?

Currently opening a campsite in my town. Should be able to get that paid off today if I really knuckle down.

Had a great time in @Mike's town last night :):

Groovin' to DJ K.K.:

citp.jpg

Heading out to the island:

zp3k.jpg

Mini-game fun!:

hf79.jpg

: peace:

Paid off my suspension bridge project. If I leave it for more than just a day before paying it all myself, will any of my villagers actually pay money towards it?

I fired this up during my lunch break and got a fair bit done. I created a new bridge in my town, was told the island will open tomorrow, paid off my 98,000 house loan and caught what I thought was a shark but turned out to be sunfish.

I'm gonna try and pay my bridge off tonight...

HNI_0003_zpsed00008b.jpg

I just thought this looked nice. Have to open my gate some time and let a few of you in. My town isn't really much to look at right now though. Started a camp site this morning and dug up my first gyroid.

Only 8k from clearing my 2nd mortgage payment, i plan on clearing it tonight. Fired up the game at lunch and chopped a chunk off from selling fish, fruit and bugs that i've already donated to the museum. Got the streetpass unlocked (finally, took me a couple of days to get that sorted) so can view other peoples houses if i pass them.

No news on the island, but i have achieved my 100% rating and can now build stuff.

I haven't even touched my second mortgage. Does anything happen if you take a while paying for it?

I haven't even touched my second mortgage. Does anything happen if you take a while paying for it?

Nope nothing

oh man you guys are really overtaking me! i have to wait a day for my permit to even build anything

Yes, Reseti comes and bugs you. And Nook sends his boys round with axes.

In reality, nothing happens.

And @Agent Gibbs, i gotta wait a day or so for my permit. Sucks, but gotta be done. Until then, back to the fishing and bug catching. And to introduce myself to the new resident.

I'm avoiding Ricky because I forgot about our lunch date this afternoon. Animal Crossing is hard.

Yeah, it's one of them games. Do as little or as much as you like. I was visiting someone's world yesterday exchanging fishing rods for gold. I happened to see they hit a mystery present down on a section of the beech they are unable to reach, couldn't help but laugh.

Yes, Tom Nook turns up with a baseball bat and shatters your kneecaps.

I'm on with the 198k payment. Been spending the weekend doing other stuff, socializing, going to.more tropical climates.Now back to the rat race!

When you visit the island , can you bring back the tropical fruit to grow on beaches ?

And please dont time travel, this game can last a good year or maybe more. Just play it for at least , 10 -20mins every day, I find it very relaxing after a stressful day , The real world can be sh!t its nice to escape now and then /

has anyone got the slingshot yet, ? i must have seen 10 balloons and i only managed to pop one, which was on the beach so i went to the cliff edge and smacked it with my net.

Edited by yesteryeargames

Caught a Coelacanth and paid off my suspension bridge, oooh yeah. Also tomorrow get to visit the island. I think the (slower) pacing in this game is much better than in the previous versions, every day there is something new now.

Btw, @Sheikah the char times might be wrong. Caught one at 6pm, although it was also raining. It was in the river above the ocean waterfall.