NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

"The WiiWare version was canceled due to the service's technical limitations." (Taken from the wikipedia page.) Not sure what that means exactly, but I'm sure the creators of SMB would have done all they could do have a game on a Nintendo platform.

They would have needed to cut a lot of content to fit it in the filesize limits for the service.

I think if they want Banjo in it they have to do a deal to get the games on the virtual console. This should be about rewarding their partners or establishing new relationships. No one else should be, or will be (I'd imagine), considered.

I can see Microsoft being fine with that, considering better versions have been on the 360 for a while.

Yes, Metroid does need more reps, but apart from "he who is far too big and awkward", there are very little along the lines of memorable characters.

I never played Hunters, but every single character that isn't Samus looks kinda forgettable.

u wot m8?

Please tell me that you've played more Metroid games than Hunters? :D

Ridley can work, I'm convinced of it. If they can make Charizard work, then they can make Ridley work, too. They could scale down the character slightly, but it's completely workable. Also, Mother Brain in her "suit" that she wore at the end of Super Metroid, hnnnnng.

A bit of a darker character list, but I'm a fan of Nightmare and think that this could also work. Would be a different character to everything else that is there, too. Phantoon? Smaller versions of Kraid (think he's even a similar size to Samus in the original Metroid). Crocmire? You could also go a bit more "out there" and choose something like the Omega Pirate, or even an ordinary Space Pirate, or an Omega Metroid.

I'm realistic and realise that NONE of these will be up for selection, however.

u wot m8?

Please tell me that you've played more Metroid games than Hunters? :D

Ridley can work, I'm convinced of it. If they can make Charizard work, then they can make Ridley work, too. They could scale down the character slightly, but it's completely workable. Also, Mother Brain in her "suit" that she wore at the end of Super Metroid, hnnnnng.

A bit of a darker character list, but I'm a fan of Nightmare and think that this could also work. Would be a different character to everything else that is there, too. Phantoon? Smaller versions of Kraid (think he's even a similar size to Samus in the original Metroid). Crocmire? You could also go a bit more "out there" and choose something like the Omega Pirate, or even an ordinary Space Pirate, or an Omega Metroid.

I'm realistic and realise that NONE of these will be up for selection, however.

Don't panic, Hunters is the only Metroid game I haven't played.

Come on! Give me more credit than that!

Anyway, I don't really think Ridley could work really, his proportions would make him look ridiculous if minimised. Charizard works because it has pretty normal limbs.

Well... normal for an Orange fire dragon at least.

Actually, it's funny you brought this up.

Someone did a mod for Project M.

I'm not sure about "KICKASS"... It just looks incredibly awkward to me.

Playtonic (startup consisting of ex-Rare employee's creating a Banjo spiritual successor) have thrown their support behind Banjo in Smash.

10432538_1561277187473155_5607154218254222906_n.jpg?oh=8383f529ecc5fa347f99cd70e9a07e37&oe=559C5DC6&__gda__=1436652182_72252549b1a5484c5978539833a4a484

Oof! Right in the nostalgia!

Even they know N64 Banjo is the way to go.

(I still haven't voted yet, by the way)

Don't panic, Hunters is the only Metroid game I haven't played.

Come on! Give me more credit than that!

Anyway, I don't really think Ridley could work really, his proportions would make him look ridiculous if minimised. Charizard works because it has pretty normal limbs.

Well... normal for an Orange fire dragon at least.

Actually, it's funny you brought this up.

Someone did a mod for Project M.

I'm not sure about "KICKASS"... It just looks incredibly awkward to me.

Oof! Right in the nostalgia!

Even they know N64 Banjo is the way to go.

(I still haven't voted yet, by the way)

Those proportions/that size are almost exactly what I was getting at. I think he looks great, he doesn't look TOO big compared to other characters, but big enough compared to Samus for example.

Good moveset...and this is all done by a small team. See. It can be done. :D

Those proportions/that size are almost exactly what I was getting at. I think he looks great, he doesn't look TOO big compared to other characters, but big enough compared to Samus for example.

Good moveset...and this is all done by a small team. See. It can be done. :D

Actually, it's done by one 14-year-old kid. The Project M blokes had nothing to do with it.

Wonders, eh?

I'm not saying it's bad. Just awkward. It needs more work, it could be great.

Yeah. You lost me there.

:heh:

I know, I don't think I've met anyone who agrees on this.

But I played through the original, completed the game 100% and like with Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and other games I love, I decided to play the game again a year later and made it about half way through the first level or so before getting boored and deciding to play something else. And then I never picked it up again.

Perfect Dark on the other hand is something I play until this day (although I mostly play the HD remake).

With all the bad press they're getting about the Youtube thing it's nice to see developers from all sides of the gaming community clamouring to get their mascots involved.

I would honestly liked any of them included, a lot of these are much more memorable for me than the rather forgettable Fire Emblem characters.

With all the bad press they're getting about the Youtube thing it's nice to see developers from all sides of the gaming community clamouring to get their mascots involved.

It goes to show just how much of an influence Smash has on the gaming industry.

Your character makes it there, and BAM! They become much more noticed!

Actually, it's done by one 14-year-old kid. The Project M blokes had nothing to do with it.

Wonders, eh?

I'm not saying it's bad. Just awkward. It needs more work, it could be great.

Woah, really? That's even more impressive then.

There will be balancing issues, but those can be worked on. Still, very impressive. I'm convinced that the character can work, there's tons of potential there.

What we need:

welcome3.jpg

May also influence them to get their arses in gear and make a new Golden Sun game instead of this random Pokémon crap which keeps coming out.

But I don't know if I'll still own Smash Bros by the time whoever arrives. I've not touched it in months.

Who is Artix and from what game?

That's exactly what I thought.

Tried doing some research and I'm even more confused. I don't think that company has made a single game on a Nintendo platform. (I might be wrong)

Tried doing some research and I'm even more confused. I don't think that company has made a single game on a Nintendo platform. (I might be wrong)

Yep, did a quick google search and it looks like a company that makes that Southpark Canadian Freemium episode fade in comparison.

Sakurai/Nintendo: NEVER accept garbage like that please :shakehead

I don't think they have either. The gall of some people. They've never made a game on a Nintendo platform and yet want us to vote for them. Fat chance.

Alex Kidd would be an interesting throw-back. With his weird punch and different vehicles. My vote went for Wart though.

Alex Kidd would be an interesting throw-back. With his weird punch and different vehicles. My vote went for Wart though.

You are now added to my awesome list of awesome people, awesome!!!:yay::yay::yay:

bbc.jpg

I love Gaf.

Let's just fuse this site with NeoGaf. Then we won't feel so alone anymore in our NINTENDO love/disappointment.

I have sooo fond memories of Alex Kidd in Miracle World. I can still hear that theme song ringing in my head :heart:

However, I find his rendition in 3D extremely creepy:

Alex-Kidd-1.png

*shrugs*

However, an Alex Kidd stage playing his theme song would be soooo lovely.

I've also thought a bit, and I'd say that Bayonetta would be great in smash. Her moves are perfect for it.

[TWEET]586091247774920704[/TWEET]

[TWEET]586091241617625088[/TWEET]

For those of you that don't know, this is the rare and elusive Gamecube Controller Adapter. Also known as the lesser spotted Gamecube Controller Adapter. It was a peripheral that was released alongside Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Due to low numbers and heavy poaching very few numbers were spotted in the wild and until this recent sighting it was feared that this rare species was extinct. For a donation of just Aus$30 roughly €22/£16 you can help prevent this from happening.

But seriously if they're getting some stock then there's hope for us over here.

[TWEET]586091247774920704[/TWEET]

[TWEET]586091241617625088[/TWEET]

For those of you that don't know, this is the rare and elusive Gamecube Controller Adapter. Also known as the lesser spotted Gamecube Controller Adapter. It was a peripheral that was released alongside Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Due to low numbers and heavy poaching very few numbers were spotted in the wild and until this recent sighting it was feared that this rare species was extinct. For a donation of just Aus$30 roughly €22/£16 you can help prevent this from happening.

But seriously if they're getting some stock then there's hope for us over here.

Interesting news! Was AUS released same time as us? 4 months+ is still pretty shocking but at least they're addressing it. Let's hope there's still a market for them that the 3rd party ones didn't fill!

Could Banjo and Kazooie in Smash Bros. Actually Happen? - Podcast Unlocked

It's never going to happen.

Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot Discussion (Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, & more?!)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

The Mewtwo DLC is due out on April 15th. Codes are now being distributed through e-mail from Club Nintendo in Japan, with Europe and North America to follow within the next 24 hours.

10 minutes to do a simple little edit. The site having problems?

Edited by Wii