NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Unlucky with that glitch, @Sprout. :( Hopefully they sort that out soon.

If anyone wants to try out my chaos inducing Smash Ball stage, as seen in GIFs like this:

and this:

then here it is:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just load that post up on the Wii U version of Miiverse, and you should be able to download it.

: peace:

I was always under the impression that was Sprout's stage, but I've wanted it ever since we played on it!

*tries to figure out download*

Have not played in such a long time, but I'm looking forward to the Mewtwo download later.

Man... will we EVER get stock battles online? I can't understand the thought process behind this. I genuinely cannot. Every update I pray. Every update I get nothing.

The only option is 1 on 1 which is infested by those goddamn competitive players who just sit around and do nothing until you attack so they can punish (rinse repeat). By the way, what the hell is up with the matchmaking/skill level pairing... is it just nonexistent?

[TWEET]588467223833882627[/TWEET]

It's no longer a rumour, it's a fact that the sound files exist. It doesn't 100% guarantee that Ryu will be included in future but he'd be odds on now.

Ryu makes sense as Street Fighter 2 was a HUGE game for the SNES, particularly in the West where it helped Nintendo steal momentum from Sega. It was the system's Goldeneye.

I'm hoping that Ken is an alternate costume.

Give me a Dan costume over a Ken one. Given how goofy Dan is, he probably would fit well in the Smash series. :D

I'm personally not a fan of this happening. I get how big Ryu is, but he just doesn't fit Smash. It's like Snake. I get why, but he just never fit in.

Edited by Serebii

I think Ryu fits Smash far more than Snake does(n't). Seems a decent fit to me given Little Mac and how huge Street Fighter was on the SNES.

Ryu makes sense as Street Fighter 2 was a HUGE game for the SNES, particularly in the West where it helped Nintendo steal momentum from Sega. It was the system's Goldeneye.

Yes it was massive and I loved it but you're talking about 20 years ago. They haven't given us a SF game since. Not to mention all the many, many, many times Capcom have screwed us over in the intervening years.

And isn't the next SF funded or in part funded by Sony? So we're paying Capcom and Nintendo probably have to pay them for the use as well to promote a character for a future game and a franchise that has skipped 4 generations and 20 years of Nintendo consoles? I don't like it. It's Snake and Konami all over again.

Yes it was massive and I loved it but you're talking about 20 years ago. They haven't given us a SF game since. Not to mention all the many, many, many times Capcom have screwed us over in the intervening years.

There was Street Fighter IV for 3DS.

There was Street Fighter IV for 3DS.

I'm talking about home consoles. They screw us over all the time. Look at Resident Evil as another example. Resident Evil 5 and 6. Then recently whatever about the Wii U but the 3DS isn't even getting Revelations 2, the platform that it started on and gave it success. Then there's the Resident Evil HD Remake, didn't get that either. But PS3 and Xbox360 did. Again where did that start out? Gamecube.

I'm talking about home consoles. They screw us over all the time. Look at Resident Evil as another example. Resident Evil 5 and 6. Then recently whatever about the Wii U but the 3DS isn't even getting Revelations 2, the platform that it started on and gave it success. Then there's the Resident Evil HD Remake, didn't get that either. But PS3 and Xbox360 did. Again where did that start out? Gamecube.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 wouldn't have been able to run on the Wii without some massive downgrades. Plus, they did you a favour not allowing you to play 6. :D

The Wii U isn't getting stuff like the HD remake or Revelations 2 because the audience just isn't on the platform.

We also got this....

Tatsunoko_Vs_Capcom_box_artwork.png

....which was an amazing game.

Don't. I said in an earlier post, no spin-offs. They wouldn't give us even the next tier down, Marvel vs Capcom. They gave us the ugly duckling. Yes it's good but it's not Street Fighter, there's only Ryu and Chun Li iirc.

We also got this....

Tatsunoko_Vs_Capcom_box_artwork.png

....which was an amazing game.

Yep. icon14.gif

And Ryu was in this...

wFpmMun.jpg?1

...which was an amazingly long game. :heh:

Don't. I said in an earlier post, no spin-offs. They wouldn't give us even the next tier down, Marvel vs Capcom. They gave us the ugly duckling. Yes it's good but it's not Street Fighter, there's only Ryu and Chun Li iirc.

You've got Alex right on the front of the box. :D

This was by far better than the mess that was MvC3. It certainly had more charm to it.

Capcom also gave us this during the Wii generation...

latest?cb=20081126040831

...which was better than most of their PS3/360 output.

They also put Monster Hunter on Nintendo platforms as well. I think Capcom have done alright by Nintendo.

And Ryu was in this...

wFpmMun.jpg?1

...which was an amazingly long game. :heh:

Another spin-off. Capcom had nothing to do with its development or publishing. They just allowed a few of their characters to be used.

Fuck you, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was BRILLIANT. Did you play it?

Capcom have put games on the Nintendo systems where appropriate. They've stuck by them unlike 90% of developers..give them a break :)

Honestly, the SNES would not have been as big as it was without Street Fighter 2 and it's sequels. Nintendo's output has never had huge western appeal and that's why games like SF2 and Goldeneye made a HUGE difference in the 90. They didn't look 'kiddy' like other big SNES game and that certainly helped the SNES break into the mainstream.

The only Street Fighter game that Genesis got was the 'Special Champion Edition', whereas the SNES got World Warriors, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and The New Challengers. The World Warrior sold something ridiculous like 3.5 million units outside of Japan and Turbo also sold 2 million outside of the Japan too.

Huge, huge games and certainly the reason why many people picked up a SNES.

Edited by Goron_3

Capcom have put games on the Nintendo systems where appropriate. They've stuck by them unlike 90% of developers..give them a break :)

Honestly, the SNES would not have been as big as it was without Street Fighter 2 and it's sequels. Nintendo's output has never had huge western appeal and that's why games like SF2 and Goldeneye made a HUGE difference in the 90's.

The only Street Fighter game that Genesis got was the 'Special Champion Edition', whereas the SNES got World Warriors, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and The New Challengers. The World Warrior sold something ridiculous like 3.5 million units outside of Japan and Turbo also sold 2 million outside of the Japan too.

Huge, huge games and certainly the reason why many people picked up a SNES.

I hated the Megadrive version of Streetfighter. My mate had it you had to hit the start button to change the buttons mid fight, as the pad didn't have enough for all of the moves. Shocking. :D

Fuck you, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was BRILLIANT. Did you play it?

Yes and yes but which is bigger? SF, Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? You can't say Capcom give us their biggest and best effort besides MH. They give us the low budget, spin-offs or late ports. Okami, Umbrella Chronicles, Spyborgs, Zack & Wiki, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Even Revelations and Mercenaries. But Revelations has got a bit too big for its britches so it's thanks and see you later Nintendo.

Yes and yes but which is bigger? SF, Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? You can't say Capcom give us their biggest and best effort besides MH. They give us the low budget, spin-offs or late ports. Okami, Umbrella Chronicles, Spyborgs, Zack & Wiki, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Even Revelations and Mercenaries. But Revelations has got a bit too big for its britches so it's thanks and see you later Nintendo.

Why does it matter which is bigger? If you gave me a toss up between TatVsCap and Resident Evil 5 or 6, I'd take the former every single time. We didn't miss much by not getting the Resi games as they were crap. The hardware wasn't much different to a GameCube whilst the competition were pushing HD, so we're lucky to get games like Zack and Wiki, TatVsCap, etc. You're being unrealistic if you're expecting us to get SF or MvC because...they just won't come. The audience isn't really there.

What does piss me off, and I agree with you here, is when it doesn't get games for WiiU when the PS3 or 360 gets them. But, that's probably down to audience, too.

Sometimes spin-offs are better than their source material.

Revelations was better than Resident Evil 6 and I enjoyed TvC much more than I did MvC3.

Zack & Wiki was an amazing title, that used the Wiimote brilliantly. Resident Evil 4 Wii is considered the definitive edition of the game, Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles were fantastic lightgun adventure games, something that the Wii handled very well.

Sometimes spin-offs are better than their source material.

Revelations was better than Resident Evil 6 and I enjoyed TvC much more than I did MvC3.

Zack & Wiki was an amazing title, that used the Wiimote brilliantly. Resident Evil 4 Wii is considered the definitive edition of the game, Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles were fantastic lightgun adventure games, something that the Wii handled very well.

The Resident Evil series needs a revamp, tbh. I know loads of people loved 4, but I didn't and that's partly because I knew they would be ditching its survival horror roots and going elsewhere. That definitely has happened. Although...you could argue that's paved the way for games such as DeadSpace.

It's chicken and egg again. RE 4 Wii Edition sold 1 million copies and that was very early in its life cycle. The Chronicles games sold well, I enjoyed them but they were lazy efforts in comparison to mainline games. Had they been fully fledged games they would have sold more. Capcom have played their part along with all the other companies over the years. I know Nintendo has a big part to blame but it's an accumulation over the years of not getting these type of games, as well as the likes of no FIFA, no GTA, no Final Fantasy, no MGS. Is it no wonder the audience isn't there? A lot of Wii games sold well in spite of what they were, gimped abortions. And now on the Wii U, most never even tried or if they did, they were gimped even worse or late ports of last generation.