NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I'm just grateful we're getting new content for existing Nintendo games at all. :blank:

Mario Kart's 16 new tracks, 6 characters and various vehicles sold in two packs for a combined price of around £11 is exemplary. : peace:

As for Super Smash Bros... the best is yet to come surely?

Nintendo's DLC strategy has been excellent. MK8 the obvious example, but Mario Golf as well was great value for money. The amiibo functionality is barebones and a tiny perk for owning the figurines so they work out well as well.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/23/super-smash-bros-director-sakurai-calls-dlc-these-days-a-scam/

I agree with Sakurai but even Nintendo are guilty of this practise. Though they may have only entered the fray recently and it may seem inconsequential to some.

Not really...

The "DLC Scam" that Sakurai is referring to is in reference to games that are deliberately broken up and sold incomplete under the guise of the content being "added" later on (or on day 1 even). Those are scams because the publishers/developers are being deliberately dishonest about what they're selling you.

With the sole exceptions of Mario Golf World Tour (where the game was sold at a lower price, despite containing more content than previous MG games out of the box) and the upcoming Fire Emblem If (where each version of the game is being sold at a lower price than normal, with the other scenarios being sold separately), all of Nintendo's DLC has been developed after the launch of the base game. They made complete games and added content afterwards (or, in the case of those two previously mentioned games, are being broken up so that they can lower the initial entry price and still make some money on those that are willing to pay the full price for the game).

There's no "scam" here because they're not lying to you. Same as with games that use the Amiibo; you are getting a complete game out of the box where some of the content is only accessible (or indeed playable for those games that rely on their built in memory card function) if you own the corresponding Amiibo figurines. It's no different to games that required accessories that were sold separately to have all of their content accessible (like Metroid Prime GCN; which required you to have a GBA/GBA-GCN Link Cable/a copy of Metroid Fusion, in order to unlock some minor extra content).

Edited by Dcubed

Dude, c'mon, keep it civil.

It's hard when he is constantly trolling :/

OK, enough arguing. Time for some good news.

There's an update for Smash 3DS and WiiU.

I'm not 100% what it does, but @Sprout might be able to go back online now.

I'm not 100% what it does, but Sprout might be able to go back online now.

Yes, I can get online.

I'm not 100% what it does, but @Sprout might be able to go back online now.

The update fixes the Mewtwo issue.

Getting a new DLC bundle:

Contains Fighter (Mewtwo)

Cat Suit Hat

Monkey Suit Hat

Link’s Cap

Majora’s Mask

Dunban Wig

Proto Man’s Helmet

Mega Man X’s Helmet

SSB T-Shirt

Cat Suit (Brawler)

Monkey Suit (Sword Fighter)

Link’s Outfit (Sword Fighter)

Dunban’s Outfit (Sword Fighter)

Proto Man’s Armour (Gunner)

Mega Man X’s Armour (Gunner)

New trophies

Profile icon

€10.31 / £9.11 or €14.51 / £13.12 for both consoles

Does anyone know when Mewtwo will be made available for purchase? It's today but he wasn't available when I checked a bit earlier today.

Does anyone know when Mewtwo will be made available for purchase? It's today but he wasn't available when I checked a bit earlier today.

Probably 2pm

[TWEET]593037330727968768[/TWEET]

Mewtwo was my main in Melee but I can't seem to catch on to him this time around. I had some 1-on-1-fights with a lvl 9 computer without items and while it started out fine, it ended in a disaster - 6 out of 10 fights. I feel like his reach has been decreased while his speed has been increased a bit. At some points I seriously stood almost entirely next to the computer and tried to grab it and missed. Just like that. Also, while his F-smash is fine, his Up-Smash is lacking. Once again, they could stand next to Mewtwo and not be hit by it at all. I also miss that Shadow Ball damages stuff while charging.

I also miss that Shadow Ball damages stuff while charging.

Never noticed that. Guess Lucario nicked that element.

I prefer this Mewtwo to Melee's. He has a little more "oomph" in his launching power.

Also, he's great at cancelling out attacks and quickly counter-attacking.

I'm still waiting for the Gamecube controller adapter fo Wii U to come back into stock as they said it would. It's 5 months later, what gives?

I'm still waiting for the Gamecube controller adapter fo Wii U to come back into stock as they said it would. It's 5 months later, what gives?

I tell you what doesn't...

...Nintendo.

*badum-tish*

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00RSXRLUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430340493&sr=8-1&keywords=gc+adapter

This bad boy does exactly the same job. If anything, it's superior to the Nintendo one, because it also allows an option for connecting to PC. Handy if emulators are your thing.

I think he was highlighting their failure to achieve their own goals/promises, more than needing an adapter. Whilst some don't approve, it is a perfectly valid question and one I'm waiting for an answer to myself. I'm considering getting one just for the 'official' nature of it, but I've yet to see much of them occuring on our shores...even after 5 months.

The official one works on PC as well...

Is the official one easy plug and play? Not that I know whether the unofficial one is either as I haven't looked into it much since original release, but I had a feeling something about the 3rd party one was a bit more PC-friendly somehow.

Is the official one easy plug and play? Not that I know whether the unofficial one is either as I haven't looked into it much since original release, but I had a feeling something about the 3rd party one was a bit more PC-friendly somehow.

I know it works natively with Dolphin, I have no idea about anything else.

The official one works on PC as well...

Oh it does? Sorry I didn't know that :heh: Regardless, the point was that theres no need to wait for official ones to come back in stock.

I think he was highlighting their failure to achieve their own goals/promises, more than needing an adapter. Whilst some don't approve, it is a perfectly valid question and one I'm waiting for an answer to myself. I'm considering getting one just for the 'official' nature of it, but I've yet to see much of them occuring on our shores...even after 5 months.

It does seem bizarre. I think it was more of a concession to the competitive Melee scene - Nintendo have certainly been much more receptive to the streaming and tournaments of late - and thus it was more of a case of having that functionality in the game. Sales of the adapter weren't a huge concern I guess, and maybe manufacturing other things like Amiibo or other hardware takes precedence.

New Mii Costumes

tVUctcM.png

I'll probably get these ones.

New Mii Costumes

tVUctcM.png

I'll probably get these ones.

So funny. :laughing:

They won't be as entertaining without the "Inkling" Miis face though.

Eh...

Just seems like a compromise really.

Takes away the Mii's personality and in return, gives you what looks like a cheap knock-off.

Kinda like the Dunban costume really.

Eh...

Just seems like a compromise really.

Takes away the Mii's personality and in return, gives you what looks like a cheap knock-off.

Kinda like the Dunban costume really.

Hold the phone... You mean those faces won't be replaced with that of your own Mii? :blank: Surely not.

Hold the phone... You mean those faces won't be replaced with that of your own Mii? :blank: Surely not.

That's the thing, unless you use a Mii with the right face, it'll just look like a weird mash of the two, much like the Dunban or Link costume.