NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I had a couple of fights with my Link-amiibo yesterday (started at lvl 40 and ended at lvl 46) and he's got pretty good! He won more often than not and plays completely different from a computer. It's quite entertaining to watch.

I had a couple of fights with my Link-amiibo yesterday (started at lvl 40 and ended at lvl 46) and he's got pretty good! He won more often than not and plays completely different from a computer. It's quite entertaining to watch.

Had my mates round for impromptu smash/drink on Friday - we're all struggling to beat my Toon Link amiibo. He's winning far more times than he's losing, and we've resorted to literally using all the cheap items when they appear(hammers, smash balls, supergunthingy). It's awesome, but in some ways kinda soul destroying - knowing you raised this monster that you cannot beat.

Sakurai says Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. is releasing soon

mewtwo-smash-bros-656x369.jpg

Masahiro Sakurai, director of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, provided an updated on the upcoming Mewtwo DLC at a recent event in Japan. Thankfully, it sounds like it won’t be too much longer before the character becomes available.

Sakurai said that work on Mewtwo “is pretty much done” and the DLC will be released “pretty soon.” Fans are advised to wait for an announcement from Nintendo.

【スマブラ3DS・WiiU】 桜井政博 ミュウツー配信について / About Mewtwo release

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-says-mewtwo-dlc-for-smash-bros-is-releasing-soon/

[TWEET]579311551003430915[/TWEET]

Don't spend it all at once. A bit stingy me thinks. Watched a bit of this on Nintendo's Twitch channel yesterday.

I was there yesterday! Didn't spot this though. Does seem a bit stingy, but I suppose it was a free tournament to enter?

Playing some matches against one of my stronger Amiibo and got this pretty cool KO on him.

Edited by BowserBasher

Are people still playing this much? I noticed the online thread has been dead for coming on two months(not that I've been particularly active myself, mind). Just curious if this has held people at all?

Playing some matches against one of my stronger Amiibo and got this pretty cool KO on him.

That was pretty nice - out of interest how hard do you find your amiibo to be?

Are people still playing this much? I noticed the online thread has been dead for coming on two months(not that I've been particularly active myself, mind). Just curious if this has held people at all?

I dropped it pretty fast. I just don't think the series does it for me anymore. I played the original and Melee to death but both this version and Brawl failed to grab me.

I haven't played it for a while, but more because of the games and work, but I want to get back into it, so hopefully people on here will be up for it. I'm sure when Mewtwo and the tournaments stuff happens people may get back on it!

That was pretty nice - out of interest how hard do you find your amiibo to be?

That Mario was a tough one to beat. I've been training him for a about a month to send to my girlfriends boys as a way to fight me and it took me about a dozen attempts to beat him with my favourite fighters. In the end it was Link that I used.

Generally, once they hit level 50 they do put up some great fights. I certainly don't find it easy to beat them. I feel it has made me a better player.

That poll should be on Miiverse. Only people who own the game should be allowed vote. It would avoid troll votes like Master Chief or Kratos.

Super Smash Bros Wii U MEWTWO Trailer, LUCAS, New DLC & More

I don't think they're doing the DLC anywhere near as good as MK8.

I read a long time ago when the first DLC was announced for MK8 that we'd better get used to this because Nintendo couldn't sell the Wii U to a large enough market, they were going to milk the loyal fans that had bought the system and games.

€4 for one character and another €6 for a few Mii costumes. Plus whatever else they have planned. There's no price on Lucas, he should be free. Why he wasn't there from the start was wrong.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

There's no price on Lucas, he should be free. Why he wasn't there from the start was wrong.

Oh FFS, grow up and stop being so entitled. A roster of nearly 50 characters isn't enough for you? Why should developers' hard work come free? No one is forcing you to buy Lucas.

I read a long time ago when the first DLC was announced for MK8 that we'd better get used to this because Nintendo couldn't sell the Wii U to a large enough market, they were going to milk the loyal fans that had bought the system and games.

Sounds like the immature ramblings of another entitled gamer if that's what you read

Edited by Rummy

Oh yeah, that's a thing we can do, now.

I voted for Muddy - the mole that suplexes bowling balls :heh: Sorry, FireMeowth!

I'm unsure if I'm going to buy the costumes

Going to vote Captain Toad in the Super Smash Bros. Ballot. Who's with me? @Hero\-of\-Time?

I'm unsure if I'm going to buy the costumes

Going to vote Captain Toad in the Super Smash Bros. Ballot. Who's with me? @Hero\-of\-Time?

Haha. Poor little guy can't even jump, never mind fight. :D

I may vote Ridley just for the LOLs.

Haha. Poor little guy can't even jump, never mind fight. :D

I may vote Ridley just for the LOLs.

I voted for Ridley.

#FreeRidley

I'll be buying all the characters (I have to, I daren't have gaps), but am still undecided on the costumes. I seldom use Miis and though I want some like Majora's Mask, I'm in no rush. Maybe they'll have a sale one day.