NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

@Glen\-i I'm slowly getting tempted to buy 1 of the Dillon games.

Which one would you suggest?

Why haven't people been mentioning Geno?

That ship has sailed during brawl times, I suppose.

Even at NeoGaf support is slim and his rights are still Square-Enix's.

Hard to say, the first one is easier to get into, but the sequel is more fleshed out, more varied.

I'd go with the second one. It's far more polished.

Fair warning, if tower defense games makes you wretch, steer clear. It's not for you. It is more action-based, with Dillon (you) being the main force.

It also gets very difficult later on. But if you like challenging games, it's got it in spades.

There's more than one???

There's more than one???

Yep, the first was Dillon's Rolling Western, the second is Dillon's Rolling Western - The Last Ranger.

Do not get me wrong, I would love Banjo to get in. (Provided that he's the N64 style Banjo, that Blocky Banjo looks uber-ugly)

But it's so incredibly unlikely. Microsoft might want some money for it, which would kill any chances stone dead.

So many issues that I can't think of right now would no doubt arise.

BELIEVE!

I dislike that people are flooding the ballot with third party characters and campaigning for them. There's a huge wealth of Nintendo characters that are viable before we should dredge up third parties.

Third party characters should be something special. Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-man fit the style and fit because they are iconic gaming characters. Rayman, Shantae and Banjo are not, Goku certainly isn't.

Banjo is pretty iconic to the entire N64 generation I would have said. Maybe not so well known in the present day but that's MS's fault for wasting Rare's time. And Rayman is certainly iconic enough to be included on the same kinda level as Megaman, just a generation later; Megaman is iconic to the SNES era and Rayman to the PS1/N64 era.

"Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…"

So the ballot may only be for a Nintendo character in Super Smash Bros. Is it possible for us to embed Facebook posts?

"Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…"

So the ballot may only be for a Nintendo character in Super Smash Bros. Is it possible for us to embed Facebook posts?

Well, that makes my choice a bit easier then.

Still can't decide between Dillon and Wart though.

Wart has the sheer obscurity while Dillon sports the fresh Ninty IP.

Anyone else think Nintendo purposely omitted that it was Nintendo characters only? Get some free publicity for a few days for the game and then be like "oh didn't we mention that it was Nintendo only characters?" I've no problem with that. They like doing things on the cheap anyway.

Anyone else think Nintendo purposely omitted that it was Nintendo characters only? Get some free publicity for a few days for the game and then be like "oh didn't we mention that it was Nintendo only characters?" I've no problem with that. They like doing things on the cheap anyway.

Considering that post was made just a couple of hours after the Direct, no I don't think that.

Now a Nintendo rep says any character submission is welcome in the Smash Bros. fighter ballot.

"I can certainly understand your interest in if third-party characters are eligible for the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot. I want to assure you that you are able to submit any video-game character for this ballot. While we are unable to guarantee your suggested character will become a Super Smash Bros. Fighter, rest assured, we do take all feedback into consideration."

Next up on the conveyor belt that is the Smash Bros. fighter ballot.

[TWEET]584388099288866816[/TWEET]

They just keep coming.

[TWEET]583744924182388737[/TWEET]

I nominate...

shitonastick.png

:heh:

The only non-Nintendo character that has any right to be in it who isn't currently in it is this guy

bomberman.jpg

And maybe Banjo, but only if MS give it to Playtonic or Nintendo.

But yeah, I will only accept Bomberman.

God I hope no boring characters get picked. Like wolf. Or any more pokemon. Or any more fire emblem characters. Nothing like we already have, something completely different please!

The only non-Nintendo character that has any right to be in it who isn't currently in it is this guy

bomberman.jpg

And maybe Banjo, but only if MS give it to Playtonic or Nintendo.

But yeah, I will only accept Bomberman.

I voted for bomberman!

I'd love more older classics - bionic commando, Simon Belmont etc. that kind of character.

Yeah, I added a new vote for Bomberman because Bomberman is badass.

So now, I've voted for Captain Toad, Inklings, Qbby and Bomberman :)

I haven't nominated anybody yet but I'd probably go for these guys though there's probably no chance of it happening.

TMNT-tmnt-22587793-1344-1056.jpg

My nominee is...

Joanna_dark_N64_render.png

An odd choice, I know, but hear me out. I recall a guy from Rare claiming he'd like to see Banjo in the game and that it's not impossible. And while Banjo Kazooie was a great game, I somehow felt it had very little replay value and was quite forgettable. Perfect Dark is however one of the top 3 games on that system IMO.

She'd probably play like Solid Snake in Brawl, fighting with pistols, rocket launchers and other sci-fi gadgets.

Plus it's a way for me to tell Nintendo what I expect from their systems. Yes, I want them to buy back that IP and hand it over to Retro. After all, Microsoft are doing jack shit with that IP right now.

So, how many DLC characters are people expecting for this game?

unnamed(11).jpg

It may be nothing but the official Smash site suggests there'll be at least 5 more going by their placeholders.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html

Super Meat Boy devs want Meat Boy in Smash Bros.

[TWEET]584544923250065408[/TWEET]

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

And while Banjo Kazooie was a great game, I somehow felt it had very little replay value and was quite forgettable.

Yeah. You lost me there.

:heh:

I think it's hilarious these combines want their character in Smash but won't put their games on the system. I think they can all fuck off to be honest, absolutely not chance of it happening! Should be mandated :)

I don't know all the details but am aware the makers of Super Meat Boy are huge Nintendo fans and originally started creating that game for XBox and Wii but, "The WiiWare version was canceled due to the service's technical limitations." (Taken from the wikipedia page.) Not sure what that means exactly, but I'm sure the creators of SMB would have done all they could do have a game on a Nintendo platform.

Playtonic (startup consisting of ex-Rare employee's creating a Banjo spiritual successor) have thrown their support behind Banjo in Smash.

10432538_1561277187473155_5607154218254222906_n.jpg?oh=8383f529ecc5fa347f99cd70e9a07e37&oe=559C5DC6&__gda__=1436652182_72252549b1a5484c5978539833a4a484

I think if they want Banjo in it they have to do a deal to get the games on the virtual console. This should be about rewarding their partners or establishing new relationships. No one else should be, or will be (I'd imagine), considered.