NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Pic of the day. Here's the Fiend's Scale in Classic mode. When you raise the intensity in the 3DS version, the effects looked similar to a picture book. However, for the Wii U version, as you raise your intensity it looks like you're falling deeper into the underworld. The very bottom looks ferocious.

zlCfzSnhX98zIxyRAq

The field in Classic mode has five different backgrounds determined by the intensity level. On low intensity, the background looks peaceful, but on high intensity, the atmosphere gets pretty intimidating.

zlCfzSnhYGsY2-Eatx

Pic of the day. Jackpot Opportunity is one of the Events in single-player mode where you aim to collect 1,000 Gold to pay off your loan. This scenario uses Coin Battle rules.

zlCfzSntMXACUYnuWQ

It's Past Your Bedtime sets up another predetermined situation for a single-player Event. In this one, Jigglypuff needs to put every fighter to sleep at the same time. There are quite a few scenarios like this that aren't simply brawls.

zlCfzSntMfI8gIG4WK

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U One Dog, One Bird, One Zapper

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

Edited by Wii

Pic of the day. Here's something we didn't even announce in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza"(“ Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”)--a stage from Yoshi's Woolly World. This stage was added and developed quite near the end of development. The surfaces are soft and cushiony.

zlCfzSn4WmIIzjJDog

The mobiles are placed in different locations depending on the situation, and they tilt according to weight distribution. The stage also gets rearranged, so the ground may disappear temporarily during a remodel.

zlCfzSn4WtQZh-J9O2

Super Smash Bros. Wii U Disc Art

B1x6fQ4IMAA9xtV.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a new stage, Wuhu Island. Flying around Wuhu Island may remind you of the Pilot Wings stage, but this time we tour famous locations on the island.

zlCfzSoDCw8K61N1h9

For example, here's the starting line of a power-cruising race. You may also find yourself at a mountain summit, in front of a fountain, on a suspension bridge, in a fighting arena, or riding on a boat. The stage really feels like a resort vacation.

zlCfzSoDC6E4DlXUkI

I've been so busy with developing this game that I dreamed about tropical islands every time I saw this stage. …Beaches in the summer are great, aren't they?

zlCfzSoDC9QxDu0L4B

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Huh? I thought that the Pilotwings Resort stage WAS the WuHu Island stage!

Clever use of existing assets though! : peace:

So it occurs to me this is now less than 3 weeks away. Where's the best place to buy the game+adapter combo that people have managed to find?

So it occurs to me this is now less than 3 weeks away. Where's the best place to buy the game+adapter combo that people have managed to find?

£40 from zavvi (with a discount code that was posted a while back - welcome1 or something like that I think?) thats the cheapest I've found

I have to have this game digitally. What's the cheapest place for adaptor and cube controller?

I have to have this game digitally. What's the cheapest place for adaptor and cube controller?

Don't know about cheapest, but at BASE the controller is 24.99; http://www.base.com/buy/product/nintendo-gamecube-controller-super-smash-bros-edition-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-smashbroscont.htm

The adapter is 19.99; http://www.base.com/buy/product/super-smash-gamecube-controller-adaptor-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-smashbrosadapter.htm

Edit: found the adapter at GAME for 17.99, controller is the same price;

http://www.game.co.uk/en/game-cube-controller-adaptor-for-wii-u-307021?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737114&catGroupId=

Edit 2: If you don't like using GAME, The HUT have the adapter for the same price:

http://www.thehut.com/wii-u-accessories/wii-u-gamecube-controller-adaptor/11028824.html

Edit 3: Shop To have the contoller for 22.85 (bargain if you ask me); http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUAC21-wii-u-gamecube-contoller-super-smash-bros-edition and the adapter for 17.86 a tad cheaper than others; http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUAC20-wii-u-gamecube-controller-adaptor

Edited by londragon

Karissa the Destroyer - 10 YEAR OLD GIRL GOES TO SMASH BROS WII U EVENT AND BEATS A NUMBER OF TOP WEST COAST PLAYERS

I just came across that vid on YT, came here to post it myself..... I expect to lose many an online game but hope to never cross paths with her still haha

Edit

Watch from about 4mins 30 seconds onwards

Edited by Mokong

It's hilarious. She's so serious. "Rematch", "I'll be back". Where have I heard that before? I just wish the camera work was better. Some of the shouting comments are good too. It's gotta be Sakurai's daughter.

Still gutted there's no Little States or Everfrost Island in the Pilotwings stage :(

A funky remix of Dan Hess' wonderful music could make up for this tho..

Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast.

zlCfzSozFBw_0Wc5zX

The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.

zlCfzSozFFoXpUQG74

It turns out that that 10 year old girl beating the seasoned Smash Bros. players was a hoax paid for by Gamestop the dirty swines.

[TWEET]531556402352103424[/TWEET]

Seconding this - still Zavvi? I keep thinking I've got plenty time to order...then realising I ain't! Best get on me ordering this eve!!

Wow...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138320347&postcount=36

They're actually rebalancing characters after launch!?

I'm not happy about this... I wanted them to just leave the game alone...

I know it's typical of fighting games these days to do this, but I wanted SSB 4 to just be something that was left alone. Now it's not even a game that can be just looked at as a complete thing, but rather it's an ongoing thing that keeps changing...

We can look back at SSBB and laugh at how rubbish Olimar was, but now we can't do that with SSB4. Who's to say that he suddenly won't just become awesome now? What about the rubbish SSB4 Medaknight!? They might end up upgrading him and turning him back into the awesome SSBB Metaknight now!!

It takes away from the character of the game :(

Wow...

I know it's typical of fighting games these days to do this, but I wanted SSB 4 to just be something that was left alone. Now it's not even a game that can be just looked at as a complete thing, but rather it's an ongoing thing that keeps changing...

We can look back at SSBB and laugh at how rubbish Olimar was, but now we can't do that with SSB4. Who's to say that he suddenly won't just become awesome now? What about the rubbish SSB4 Medaknight!? They might end up upgrading him and turning him back into the awesome SSBB Metaknight now!!

Yeah, I'm shocked at this. Sakurai specifically said that they weren't going to do that, too.

Wow...

Given that it's seen as both a party game and a competitive fighter i'm not surprised by this. I imagine the competitive players will welcome this kind of move and most the people who just play it for a laugh will probably not notice.

zlCfzSpAIjAVXkGOca

Pic of the day. In earlier Smash Bros. games, the Temple served as a prototypical large stage. Now it's remastered beautifully in HD.

zlCfzSpAIpEHU6A4kq

The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors.

Wow...

You know, the only characters famous for being "good" or "bad", and having this affect their general popularity are Fox, Marth, Sheik, Meta-Knight (good/broken), Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo and Ganondorf (bad).

If this measure stops stupid complaints such as "Mewtwo was garbage, he shouldn't come back", I'm all for it. Really, are casual players going to stop using characters for having slightly different hitboxes, or reconsider those who they think sucks? Whoever "sucked" before is going to suck as much now, because we'll barely notice :heh:

Not seen any mention of this... wondering will the GC Controller adapter work with Wavebirds?

You know, the only characters famous for being "good" or "bad", and having this affect their general popularity are Fox, Marth, Sheik, Meta-Knight (good/broken), Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo and Ganondorf (bad).

If this measure stops stupid complaints such as "Mewtwo was garbage, he shouldn't come back", I'm all for it. Really, are casual players going to stop using characters for having slightly different hitboxes, or reconsider those who they think sucks? Whoever "sucked" before is going to suck as much now, because we'll barely notice :heh:

It doesn't matter if the changes are slight or not, or whether or not people like the changes. It's no longer the same game anymore, it's something else now.

That means that SSB4 is now a "living" ongoing thing, rather than a "finished" game. It's a huge sweeping change to how games in this series (and indeed Nintendo games in general) are designed and I'm not comfortable with it.

I can't say to anyone "This is Smash Bros 4 and this is how it plays" anymore. Some might be excited at the prospect of never truly having things set in stone and ever evolving, but I lament the loss of having the game just being there and finished, while people's own ways of playing the game evolve over time.

Not seen any mention of this... wondering will the GC Controller adapter work with Wavebirds?

Yes they work just fine. Nintendo have already said so (there's a tweet from Nintendo Australia that specifically goes out of its way to say so as well).

Edit: Oh wait a sec...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930601&page=2

Hmm... That's a good point.

Somebody mentioned that the Wii U game actually has some character specific glitches fixed...

Maybe this "rebalancing" is actually just them fixing the glitches on the 3DS version to match the Wii U one? (makes sense that they'd want the two games to play the same - also explains the timing of this 3DS update too).

I hope so at least... Cause I don't want to see them messing around with the actual character stats post release.

Glitch fixing I am ok with, actual intentional character rebalancing I am NOT ok with though!

Edited by Dcubed

to me it almost looks like the 3ds version was a paid into beta, so they could see in a real life environment how characters were used, etc.