NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

The release date has been moved to the 28th, unless you have a bundle with a mario amiibo bundled... then you have to wait an extra week

I HAVE OFFICIALLY JOINED THE 9.0 CLUB!!!

B8152F3F-5DFE-4931-85A6-7FF3231BCAF5_zpsjnqg3egt.jpg

WOOT!! :D

Now to beat Glen-i's 10 Man Smash world record...

Yeah, good luck with that...

Don't go telling them about my record! I worked hard for that! I don't want it getting beaten!

For the record, who here apart from @Dcubed and @RedShell are part of the 9.0 club? Because it seems damn exclusive.

I've only done it on 8.5...

Edited by Glen-i

Don't go telling them about my record! I worked hard for that! I don't want it getting beaten!

For the record, who here apart from @Dcubed and @RedShell are part of the 9.0 club? Because it seems damn exclusive.

Don't go saying that... I'm literally only 36ms off of beating it now (Yes I gave in and started using that character, that record of yours is not going to hold for long... ;))

Edited by Dcubed

I did it ages ago with Ganondorf, didn't even use any custom equipment.

Did you take the hardest path each time?

Cause I did :awesome: (I also didn't use any customisations and I did it with Ike)

Not even remotely surprised by that. After all, I have fought you.

fEss6CM.png

Aaand I'm done.

rv9s9mO.png

Aaand this is also done due to that previous thing I was done with.

I don't think my poor circle pad will ever be the same again, but as far as I'm concerned that's the game 100% complete! I'm sure there's probably some milestone messages that I haven't seen, but if Melee and Brawl are any indication, I'm not gonna play up to one million matches just to get a little message. =P

I'm not done with the game of course, for as long as there are people to fight against there's always fun to be had (though admittedly when the Wii U version comes out I expect it will be the version that gets more time spent on it), but here are some of my stats up to this point!

“FINAL” RESULTS (as of 15th November 2014)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

High Scores (actual scores, not Global Smash Power):

Smash Run: 193630 as Mario

Classic: 885540 as Toon Link (9.0 Intensity)

All-Star: 2560800 as Ike (Hard)

Group All-Star: 2665800 as Mario and Bowser (Hard)

10-Man Smash: 00:16:66 as Ness

100-Man Smash: 02:28:25 as Rosalina & Luma

Cruel Smash: 5 as Little Mac

Target Blast: 267890 as Link

Home-Run Contest: 1113.4m as Ganondorf (big surprise)

Trophy Rush: 577200 as Mario

Most Used Characters (1 is most used overall):

1: Mario

2: Villager

3: Robin

4: Little Mac

5: Kirby

6: Wario

7: Mega Man

8: Pit

9: Toon Link

10: Pikachu

11: Captain Falcon

Least Used Characters (1 is least used overall):

1: Mii Brawler

2: Mii Swordfighter

3: Falco

4: Mii Gunner

5: Olimar

6: Greninja

7: Diddy Kong

8: Lucario

9: Sheik

10: Zero Suit Samus

I try to play with as many characters as possible, but I guess with a cast this big, some are going to inevitably get less matches. I keep forgetting about those Miis!

Nicely done Maidens, I doubt I can be bothered to complete all the challenges in this game. It feels like such a grind and I would rather just play online, no idea how you managed to do it all!

Did you take the hardest path each time?

Cause I did :awesome: (I also didn't use any customisations and I did it with Ike)

Nah this was a day or 2 after I got the game and didn't know what the colours meant. I just went for the trophies lol

Just sat down to pre-order my copy of Smash with the GameCube adapter but then I thought I would check something before I clicked confirm. Have Nintendo said anything about if the adapter will work with other titles, either existing or in the future?

If not, I may just purchase the normal version and put the £10 difference towards finally picking up a pro controller instead as that'll actually work with Mario Kart etc

Just sat down to pre-order my copy of Smash with the GameCube adapter but then I thought I would check something before I clicked confirm. Have Nintendo said anything about if the adapter will work with other titles, either existing or in the future?

If not, I may just purchase the normal version and put the £10 difference towards finally picking up a pro controller instead as that'll actually work with Mario Kart etc

No, it's just Smash. They may use it for future games but nothing's been announced.

Here's a hands on impressions of the adapter.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/hands_on_wii_u_gamecube_controller_adapter

Thanks, that sounds good but I think I'll go Pro controller for the time being. Playing MK8 with the Gamepad is making my hands ache and everyone raves about the Pro

I think I'll try the Pro Controller as well. The index finger on my right hand is killing me from MK8. I'll end up with arthritis.

I just can't imagine playing Smash with anything except the GC controller. It annoys me no end that they abandoned the button layout of the GC pad, no to mention the analog shoulders and the general moulded shape of the grips.

My worst case scenario is I pay £10 for an adaptor... don't like/use it sell it for ~£15 on eBay...

My application to join the 9.0 club:

IMG_20141115_211324.jpg

With Lucina, of course.

IMG_20141115_211345.jpg

Ah here, it's no wonder the site crashes from time to time and I've just made things worse by quoting them. ;) What size are those monstrous photos?

Ah here, it's no wonder the site crashes from time to time and I've just made things worse by quoting them. ;) What size are those monstrous photos?

What you talking about, they're only 2592 x 1944 pixels? ;) :p

I shrank them down. :p

Seeing Sprout finish the game and Ike being the 4th member of the 9.0 club. (Congrats to you both) makes me really want to step up my Classic game.

I WILL beat 9.0!

And now I have!

1899556_680679652050482_4623383672245495315_o.jpg

(Sorry for the humongous photo, I'm not good with mobile phones)

Immensely satisfying. Even better that I got a better score than @Dcubed.

Neener neener neener!

Aww... This guy beat me to the punch :(

Hopefully I can still at least be the first to play it with the Mario DDR mat...