NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I can explain the technical reasons as to why voice chat could hamper the Smash experience, since it doesn't use extrapolation in play, if you wish :p

I think saying you're not getting it because of that is a bit...much. Lack of it in no way impedes gameplay or makes the game worse.

If you don't mind, please do... but rather than just say why, please back your argument up with actual figures showing just how much of an effect voice chat has on a game. You see, I just don't see that it would have too much of a detrimental effect on the game.

Also, without being able to chat to my friends, multiplayer games just feel a little soulless. They're not worse per se, but they're not as fun!

We can just party up on the PS4 while playing it.

Could just make a Skype group chat whenever playing with people from on here, I'm sure most people have a laptop and/or smartphone they could connect with.

Yep. It's done the same way as MK8. No chat in game, chat in the lobby if you're friends with them.

Sucks balls. ONLINE IS THE AIR WE BREATHE.

Urgh... I just might not get this now, it's just not worth buying given the amount of time I'll put into it. I knew it'd be the case but I held out some hope. Tragic.

If you won't get much out of it otherwise, I can't blame ya. I don't have the 3DS version(still contemplating it) because I wanted to save myself for the WiiU version - plus I reckon I'll manage to get a decent bit of local out of my WiiU version too. Still wish I could get the same sort of experience online with you guys though.

As for price - Zavvi still seems cheapest but anyone know any codes etc? Wish I'd looked at my email last week, I had a 10% code I coulda used but it expired on the 6th. At least the date pushback gives me time to wait(not playing til the 6th) May hold out some vain hope of a cheaper price in the next week or so...

Other games have been doing microtransactions and on disc DLC. Doesn't mean this should do it :p

Except these are free updates that improve the way the game plays and in a year or 2 can breathe new life into the game. I can't see how anyone can be against it

Woo Hoo... finally got the money together and pre-ordered the adaptor version! Go me!!!

Just had a look at the eShop. It takes up a WHOPPING 17.2GB's. That's the biggest game I think. Nope, surprisingly there's a few bigger.

http://www.nintendonerds.com/guides/wii-u/wii-u-eshop-games-list-download-sizes-retail

That's actually quite a bit smaller than I was expecting actually! (figured that the EU version at least would end up using at least a full 25GB layer on the disc!) - what with all the blu-ray quality 1080p videos and that massive amount of music!

Looks like Namco learned from Nintendo when it comes to compression ;)

Pretty weird, the preload is only 13GB. The other 4.2GB can't be the unlock code, can it? :p

I checked my order with zavvi.. estimated despatch is still 5th December, even though on the main website it states 28th November. I contacted Zavvi about it, got a fairly standard " your order will be despatched on 05/12/14. This may change due to warehouse or department issues so I advise that you keep checking your order every other day." I don't think they understood/properly read my enquiry, but I'm now tempted to cancel my order and reorder the bundle. Issue being that I used a discount code to get the price I currently have, and I'm not sure if I will be able to use the discount code a second time :/ Starting to regret going with zavvi now :|

Bet tomorrows Pic Of The Day is MK8 related(again). Nah, probably not because they did it today which seemed a bit strange.

I can explain the technical reasons as to why voice chat could hamper the Smash experience, since it doesn't use extrapolation in play, if you wish :p

I think saying you're not getting it because of that is a bit...much. Lack of it in no way impedes gameplay or makes the game worse.

If you don't mind, please do... but rather than just say why, please back your argument up with actual figures showing just how much of an effect voice chat has on a game. You see, I just don't see that it would have too much of a detrimental effect on the game.

Also, without being able to chat to my friends, multiplayer games just feel a little soulless. They're not worse per se, but they're not as fun!

I guess that's a no then Serebii? You can't actually show that's it has much of an effect, at least one that isn't negligible.

I checked my order with zavvi.. estimated despatch is still 5th December, even though on the main website it states 28th November. I contacted Zavvi about it, got a fairly standard " your order will be despatched on 05/12/14. This may change due to warehouse or department issues so I advise that you keep checking your order every other day." I don't think they understood/properly read my enquiry, but I'm now tempted to cancel my order and reorder the bundle. Issue being that I used a discount code to get the price I currently have, and I'm not sure if I will be able to use the discount code a second time :/ Starting to regret going with zavvi now :|

Which bundle did you order? If it's the Amiibo one, for some reason that isn't actually out until the 5th December.

I guess that's a no then Serebii? You can't actually show that's it has much of an effect, at least one that isn't negligible.

Of course he fucking can't. Come on. :p

Of course he fucking can't. Come on. :p

It's a "Serebii has a site to run, sleep deprivation, recovering from norovirus and things to prepare for next week and thus isn't on N-Europe constantly."

I believe I posted it before, shall do some hunting, but from memory and it was based on that service that exists. It starts off negligible, but at 4 player, it builds up to a constant stream, and the processing for it could also impede the processing of the game. In most games, this would be negligible due to how games process online, with extrapolation etc. but with Fighting games which don't use that would then have their performance impacted. It'd be negligible for fast connections, but when you connect to someone far away or with a comparatively poor connection, it would impact things.

Will hunt those numbers for you.

zlCfzSpYC7slRGBLTD

Pic of the day. Long before the game release, we revealed new fighters with videos. The video quality of online streams is not always the best, though. Luckily, you can watch them as they were meant to be in Movies mode on the Wii U version.

zlCfzSpYDDAiv69Exy

You can even re-watch videos that play after you clear Classic mode and Allstar mode. This is a list of videos which are unlocked when you clear certain things. They tend to be short, but you'll get a lot of information if you play them all in one sitting.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Which bundle did you order? If it's the Amiibo one, for some reason that isn't actually out until the 5th December.

gc adapter bundle. The site has updated the release date on the product page

zlCfzSpYC7slRGBLTD

Pic of the day. Long before the game release, we revealed new fighters with videos. The video quality of online streams is not always the best, though. Luckily, you can watch them as they were meant to be in Movies mode on the Wii U version.

zlCfzSpYDDAiv69Exy

You can even re-watch videos that play after you clear Classic mode and Allstar mode. This is a list of videos which are unlocked when you clear certain things. They tend to be short, but you'll get a lot of information if you play them all in one sitting.

And that's why the game is over 17GB big! :D

The other 4.2GB can't be the unlock code, can it? :p

It's just Ridley. That's what Sakurai meant by "too big" :heh:

zlCfzSpjcawkrBvZBD

Pic of the day. Smash Tour is really hard to explain in words--it's tough to give out guidance tips with such limited space to type!! So I'll stop myself from saying too much--just try playing this mode three times with your friends. Smash Bros. will definitely feel even more like a party if you try this out.

zlCfzSpjciky1NrBi0

There are three types of game boards. If you turn on the Custom Fighters option, the fighters will be preset with custom special moves. The number on a fighter's portrait on the game board indicates which custom move set that fighter is using--this also adds to the randomness of this mode.

Edited by Serebii

@Pestneb I just messaged Zavvi and they told me that the Smash Bros + Gamecube Adapter bundle will be dispatched on or before the 28th of November but they haven't updated it on my order details page. I think I'll just take their word for it and hope for the best :D

I HAVE OFFICIALLY JOINED THE 9.0 CLUB!!!

B8152F3F-5DFE-4931-85A6-7FF3231BCAF5_zpsjnqg3egt.jpg

WOOT!! :D

Now to beat Glen-i's 10 Man Smash world record...

I want to buy Smash just because I like Nintendo and many of its characters, but I'm worried I'm simply not skilled enough for these sort of games. I haven't bought a fighting game since the last Smash and I only played that until Nintendo bricked the freeloader. Played a couple of hours with Playstation All Stars through PS+ and one match online where I had trouble knowing who I controlled >_>

Also, I thought it was 5th of December or does the title show the US release?