NEurope
darksnowman

Luigi's Mansion 2

Still on Mansion 3. I do love the game but it just doesn't grab you and keep you involved in it. I almost want to love it MORE.

What others have said is true about the mission structures. You can be SO into it and then you are pulled out of the experience before starting all over again. It's somewhat disjointing from being in such an oppressive atmosphere to then being pulled out to the lab where it is all whimsical. It loses the appeal in the process as you have to mentally switch between exploration and puzzle solving to merely being told how much of a pussy you are.

No wonder Luigi freaks out when he's transported back to the lab. He's shitting himself because he's gotta listen to the professor.

It's called Luigi's 'Mansion' for a reason - keep me there. The Dual Scream is the only reason I need to talk to Elvin. :P

Just a shout out to anyone who may be interested, on Friday at 3pm me and @londragon are going to have a thrill tower session, see how many floors we can get through! I'm lucky and have the day off so can make a 3pm start, anyone else around and up for it at all? Be good to get a couple more Weegi's in the mix if possible! :)

Just a shout out to anyone who may be interested, on Friday at 3pm me and @londragon are going to have a thrill tower session, see how many floors we can get through! I'm lucky and have the day off so can make a 3pm start, anyone else around and up for it at all? Be good to get a couple more Weegi's in the mix if possible! :)

I am free Sat afternoon/evening at any time if you were up for it then?

I can't make Saturday, I'm travelling down to the middle of Taiwan to visit some friends, but will be available on Sunday.

Hmm working all day Sat, however could be fun to do it on my lunch break, around 2 or 3 I imagine!

Hmm working all day Sat, however could be fun to do it on my lunch break, around 2 or 3 I imagine!

Sweet I could do a bit of Sunday maybe but Saturday is best for me.

Ok cool, well will post on here Saturday when I know my lunch break, and hopefully we can sort something out for a game or 2! Will only have an hour though :)

Another shout out for Friday though, 3pm UK time, 10pm Taiwan time, me and Londragon will be doing our best Ray Stantz and Peter Venkman impressions! can we count on an Egon Spengler and/or Winston Zedmore to help us bust some ghosts?! ... :D

I did something with this game that I never thought I would do and that was turn it off. Its just a bit boring and repetitive. Loved the original but this just doesn't grab me. Played up to the 2nd Mansion (dog/key part) and just couldn't be assed anymore.

Anyone know if there are any hardware bundles with this?

...or generally the best place to get a 3DS? I'm thinking the XL version would be better.

Just started the second mansion today. I'm enjoying it but I am finding the controls a bit fiddly. When trying to use the strobe/dark light upwards I instinctively start hoovering.

I've had Luigi's Mansion 2 since launch and I really like it.. but I don't love it :hmm: Not yet, anyway..

I tackled the first 2 missions of the third mansion this afternoon and although I'm enjoying it every time I play it, I miss certain aspects of the original and the structure keeps taking me out of the experience. I don't particularly like being taken out of each mansion after 20 or 30 minutes by the professor just so he can analyze things and tell me where to go next.

I've only been dipping into the game every now and again because I never feel overly compelled to return to it. The ghosts, so far at least, don't have the same appeal as those in the GC game and the overall atmosphere is entirely different. I kinda want to play Luigi's Mansion again..

It definitely would be better if he held some more Metroid-esque qualities and you could go back to Gadd's lab to save, or when you had to (giving the Poltergust a capacity limit) instead of it being 20-30 minute bursts without being able to save.

Hardcore Bumping Action.

Completed this a few days ago. Whilst a nice game I think it could've been heavily approved by suggestions by me ¬_¬ made above. And I only got the final upgrade after I completed the game :(

According to the Yahtzee review catching all the Boo's just offers a time trial level. Is this true for those who have done so? If so I think I may be done with the game.

Hardcore Bumping Action.

Completed this a few days ago. Whilst a nice game I think it could've been heavily approved by suggestions by me ¬_¬ made above. And I only got the final upgrade after I completed the game :(

According to the Yahtzee review catching all the Boo's just offers a time trial level. Is this true for those who have done so? If so I think I may be done with the game.

If you catch all the Boo's within a level, a new extra level appears after the boss level select. This level is a time trial of catching a certain number of ghosts as fast as you can. There is a 'time trial' level within each and every mansion. Unfortunately, though, there are no online leaderboards, which would have been perfect for this.

If you catch all the Boo's within a level, a new extra level appears after the boss level select. This level is a time trial of catching a certain number of ghosts as fast as you can. There is a 'time trial' level within each and every mansion. Unfortunately, though, there are no online leaderboards, which would have been perfect for this.

So basically one of the latter levels [last but one], I've never been a big fan of time trial shit, even if it's for an online leaderboard.

Urgh. I hated the 4th boss. After the sublime 1st boss, they're going steeply downhill.

Just terrible. :nono:

Finished this last night, and I must say, the final showdown(s) were really quite something!

I do think I prefer the original now, but this game really has done a lot for the character that is Luigi.

Will give more impressions later, got a train to catch now!

Picked this up yesterday... every time I think I'm getting tired of Gadd phoning me up, the feeling instantly disappears after hearing Luigi say 'yelloooo?'

Started playing this again having got it as my free download game.

Was gonna carry on where I left off but thought I'd start again as I felt a little out of touch with the game through not playing it for a while.

I do really love how this game handles, plays and looks. It's utter brilliance.

I intend to get this finished by the end of the week but my time seems to just disappear with Animal Crossing at the minute and then I never feel like playing anything else - or I don't have the time!

But I want to stick at this so will post some more thoughts as I delve deeper and hopefully finish it off.

Just finished the game.

Wow. All I can say really.

I absolutely loved it from start to finish.

I definitely rank it up there as one of the best 3ds titles. And without doubt a must have for anyone who owns the console.

There's just so much to love with this game that I don't really know where to start!

I think it's prob best I just bullet point some of the things that blew me away:

- The graphics. Holy shit the graphics. What a stunning looking game. Runs a dream, looks a dream. My particular favourite was the ice mansion (mansion 4) as that just blew me away. I love ice worlds anyway :grin: but this one is up there as one of the best. The shininess of the ice and the textured wooden surroundings just made for pure beauty to the eyes!

- Luigi. I mean say no more. What they managed to do with him was pretty spectacular. There was more character in Luigi in this title than there has been in any Mario game that I can remember. From his run, to his quivering, his humming the scary background music, his 'yellooo' when answering the phone, and my favourite of all - his 'come an!' to the Toads and shooing them through doors he held open! :love: Just beautiful.

- Humor. So much humor. There was countless times this game had me chuckling. Most of the time it was from Professor E Gadd who just stole the show in the humor stakes. But even little things like the pixel shifter beaming Luigi to the level, and his hat not quite getting there then following shortly after! :laughing: Cracked me up!

- Puzzles! The puzzles weren't that taxing (though the later ones to progress tested me a little). They were the perfect offset to the ghost capturing in my opinion. What's nice as well is that there are clearly more to be found after the story based ones are through if you want to collect all those sparkly jewels!

I could continue with my loves of the game, but those I've listed were the real standouts for what made this game the amazing experience that it is.

The downsides? Well for me there weren't too many.

The biggest was some of the bosses. They varied from brilliant to weak. Only one of them was a bit naff (world 4 as mentioned by Dog-amoto above) was not the greatest, and I expected more as it was my fave location in the game.

However the rest of them were really very good!

The fact the game was split into levels clearly divided peoples opinions. I found it perfectly fine, but agree that it would have been nice to be able to continue exploration after the mission was over, or indeed have the missions fall under 1 mansion to complete a mansion at a time - rather than mission by mission. Being beamed back after sometimes only 10 minutes of play seemed illogical when you'd only visited a handful of rooms. However, as it is a handheld experience, I also often welcomed that as I wanted to just play one mission and stop if I was pushed for time.

In summary then, I absolutely loved the game. I have fond memories of the first but I honestly can't remember too much about it as it was such a long time ago. It has made me want to play it again though as I am so intrigued to see the comparison!

I know most of you have bought played and completed this already, but if there is anyone unsure, and is a little on the fence - don't be. Just buy it. Even at full price I can highly recommend this game. It's up there for me as one of the best handheld experiences you can get! :)

- Luigi. I mean say no more. What they managed to do with him was pretty spectacular. There was more character in Luigi in this title than there has been in any Mario game that I can remember. From his run, to his quivering, his humming the scary background music, his 'yellooo' when answering the phone, and my favourite of all - his 'come an!' to the Toads and shooing them through doors he held open! :love: Just beautiful.

Seeing Luigi with the Toads was definitely a highlight for me.

It was all portrayed so well; what Luigi said to them, how the Toads looked up to him and how they went crazy when there were ghosts around.

And their faces when you held them with your Poltergust, ....THOSE HAPPY FACES.

Villager eat your heart out :laughing:

Keep an eye open for the Luigi's Mansion 2 Online thread, for Kaepora Gaebora and myself want to go through more modes with more Luigi's :D

Seeing Luigi with the Toads was definitely a highlight for me.

It was all portrayed so well; what Luigi said to them, how the Toads looked up to him and how they went crazy when there were ghosts around.

And their faces when you held them with your Poltergust, ....THOSE HAPPY FACES.

Villager eat your heart out :laughing:

Keep an eye open for the Luigi's Mansion 2 Online thread, for Kaepora Gaebora and myself want to go through more modes with more Luigi's :D

Totally this.

T'was a thing of beauty. Brought a tear tbh.

Also, if E Gadd isn't in Smash Bros I'll not be pleased. :heh:

And deffo count me in for some online action! Haven't touched Thrill Tower yet but am up for being all over it when required! : peace:

I think Luigi's Mansion has a better feeling because you are not in several mansions but only 1 mansion. But the game was to short. I think the multiplayer mode/online mode is really nice! And you can spend more time in Luigi's Mansion 2, it is a must have! Gadd is phoning you up all the time, its pretty irritating.

I think Luigi's Mansion has a better feeling because you are not in several mansions but only 1 mansion. But the game was to short. I think the multiplayer mode/online mode is really nice! And you can spend more time in Luigi's Mansion 2, it is a must have! Gadd is phoning you up all the time, its pretty irritating.

Another Dutch Nintendofan, welcome aboard! :yay: