NEurope
daftada

Zelda's 25th Anniversary!

They also ran a promo to get it by buying two player's choice games then sending off proof of purchase and maybe some postage money iirc. Fookin' glad they did too, otherwise I probably never woulda bought/played Metroid Prime.

How about an N-E meetup/streetpass event when they bring the concert to London? :)

I don't think a location has been confirmed for Europe just yet. It might not even be in the UK :heh:

I'm thinking this just may be something I absolutely have to go to!

if they do this in the Uk i want to go! simple as that, likewise should they have the WiiU at any cons/expo's this year i want to go

Looks like we could have had a ROM dump.

Nintendo top brass turned down a request from its US wing to repackage classic Zelda games on a single Wii disc in celebration of the franchise's 25th anniversary this year, according to the latest Iwata Asks interview.

The discussion between Shigeru Miyamoto and CEO Satoru Iwata published on the platform holder's Japanese site and translated by Nintendo World Report, revealed that Nintendo of America wanted to re-release the first few Zelda games for the Wii later this year, in a similar fashion to Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition in 2010.

However, both Miyamoto and Iwata apparently shot the idea down, insisting it wasn't in keeping with Nintendo's ethos to do the same thing two years in a row.

As detailed at E3 last week, you'll instead be getting a series of commemorative concerts, two music CDs, a free DSiWare download of GBA classic Four Swords and a limited edition gold Wii Remote to coincide with the launch of Skyward Sword.

Thanks, Hero of Time.

However, both Miyamoto and Iwata apparently shot the idea down, insisting it wasn't in keeping with Nintendo's ethos to do the same thing two years in a row.

This is all very well, but they should do the best thing, regardless of whether or not they did it last year. As it happens, I prefer what they're doing with Zelda, I just don't understand their reasoning in this case.

Multiplayer Zelda doesn't interest me in the slightest, but the concerts and audio CDs are pretty cool I suppose, but I would have loved something a bit more substantial.

Imagine an 'Art of the Legend of Zelda' book they could have put together and published. It could have been filled with sketches, concept drawings, illustrations, renders etc from the last 25 years, plus plenty of insight into the art styles of each Zelda game. How amazing would that have been?

Obviously it would have been a decent amount of work to put together so probably too much hassle for Nintendo but I'd have gladly paid money (and lots of it) for something like that.

Good, it seems Nintendo learned from their mistake with Mario’s anniversary. The concerts and CD’s are far more interesting than some collection disc. I'm really looking forward to those!

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31875

News: London Zelda Symphony Details Announced

Nintendo announced during E3 that they would celebrate the Zelda franchise's 25th anniversary with a series of symphony performances around the world fans were delighted. After learning the details about the Tokyo and L.A. performances some time ago European fans have been eager to learn when it would be heading over here and now Nintendo has confirmed those details.

There are two dates to mark in your diary - October 25th for the concert and August 8th to book the tickets. The concert will take place in London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo and tickets will be available to book as of Monday from Ticketmaster or the official Zelda Symphony site. Prices start from £33.75 (with an additional booking fee) so make sure you save up those rupees! Speaking about the event Laurent Fischer, Managing Director of Marketing & PR for Nintendo Europe, said:

“The Legend of Zelda series is famous for its beautiful music and we are thrilled to celebrate 25 years of memorable soundtracks from this iconic series by letting a symphony orchestra bring this music to life. The symphony orchestra concert in London will allow fans from across Europe to come together and show their love for all things Zelda while enjoying a truly unique performance & experience.”

When the L.A. performance was announced the official press release indicated that the show would go on tour around America next year but there is no mention of anything similar happening around Europe. Whether this has yet to be confirmed is unknown but chances are the only performance will be in London.

Money is a bit of an issue atm, but I'd love to go to this, especially as it's just this one off event!

Will give it some thought.

That is expensive but I'm seriously considering going. I'm probably going to see Noel Gallagher there on the 29th so I might see if I can book 4 days off work and just stay at my mum's in London...

Well the rupees that I had stored for the Skyward Lord and that sexy, gold, ZeldaMote is now going to be going to towards this. This'd be quite a romantic date for the ol' Bev :heart::love::heart:

SS will just have to wait until Wiiu launches. As for that powerful, special mote, ... I have 4 anyway so I was just being greedy. :weep:

A Tuesday? Really? They couldn't have made it a Friday or Saturday?

I know it's the "25th" but still... what a pain in the arse that is for people outside the area.

There is no way I'll know my uni timetable before they sell out so I'm going to have to make the call and decide. Could always sell the tickets on I guess if it really wasn't possible to go.

I'd still have to find someone to go with though...

Spot Mii

I'd be the dude in a black tshirt with the Legend of Zelda logo printed on the chest, grey shorts, cap twisted back, and sassy blue&white trainers, being accompanied by a super hawt asian chick xD

Crap, doesn't seem likely I’ll get money in time for a trip to London.. I definitely would if I did. Hmm.

That is expensive

I was surprised it was that cheap, actually. I was expecting around the £50.00 mark.

I'm there. Booking tickets on monday when they go on sale! Can't wait! If other's are going - 3DS street pass meet?!?!?