NEurope

The new sig is wonderful. Ren is such a fantastic character, so no wonder I like the sig. Btw, I loved the european version of shenmue 2 for dreamcast, the japanese voices were great. What did you prefere, Japanese in shenmue 2, or english in shenmue 1?

The new sig is wonderful. Ren is such a fantastic character, so no wonder I like the sig. Btw, I loved the european version of shenmue 2 for dreamcast, the japanese voices were great. What did you prefere, Japanese in shenmue 2, or english in shenmue 1?
Having English in Shenmue I makes it that bit easier to fully appreciate the game and really take everything in because you don't have to look and read the subtitles; and therefore miss out on any of the action.

It took me a while to get used to the fact there wasn't English in Shenmue II, but the Japanese voices make it more authentic and when you get used to it, it's really cool!

But I do feel you sometimes miss certain things and subtle-ties that really make the game.

New sig looks great Stocka!

In honour of Shenmue III I wrote a song (it's completely my lyrics, and nobody elses)

We the people hope for it's release,

We don't say it'll be perfect but it will,

Our dreams of playing it are disappearing,

Fading are our hopes of the familiar thrill,

You know I did mean,

What I just said,

About Stocka's dreams of Shenhua in his bed,

And it just don't matter now,

Cos little by little,

You gave us everything we ever dreamed of,

Little by little,

Our hopes of number 3 are slowly dying off,

Little by little

You had to give us all for all our life,

And now's the time so just bring out number 3,

You fuckin' bastard,

The game's perfection has to be imperfect,

Because the series is all but complete,

The time has come and now you'll have to accept,

To bring out 3 is your destiny,

You know I did mean,

What I just said,

Cos little by little,

Little by little,

Little by little

You fuckin' bastard,

Little by little,

Little by little,

Little by little

You fuckin' bastard,

You are a fuckin' bastard,

You are a fuckin' bastard.

Shadow, I'm really pleased to hear you're enjoying it in the same amazing way, you have so much to look forward to!

I appreciate your thoughts on the sig! Don't congratulate me though it was Ashley who modified it to make it as good as it is. :wink:

About the language, I was discussing this recently over at Shenmue Dojo and I suppose I do prefer the English in Shenmue as it makes it more immersive for me personally. I feel the same as you Retro Link, I found it so hard to get use to for the first 20 minutes or so but yes its so authentic, and makes you feel like you really have left your home country and are alone in a foreign country. But for III, I'd like English again, although I love Ren's japanese voice :heh:

About Stocka's dreams of Shenhua in his bed

Mind reader :shock:

Stocka - Your sig is really, really nice. I'm a Ren fan, so I just like it a lot. I used to draw both Ryo and Ren *digging up some old shit*

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/845645/

^Me as a big Ren fan, based on a sketch by a girl named Farris.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/753047/

Shenmue_2_fan_mini_manga.gif

^Making fun out of a Shenmue 2 scene...

Gaaah! All this Shenmue talk makes me increasingly frustrated about not having Shenmue III.

Haha thats almost like Ren has jumped into the world of Tales of Symphonia. Very nice.

lmao! That second one is quality.

Speaking of which, most Shenmue fans believe Ryo is gay for obvious reasons throughout the games (remember when he refused to walk with Joy? ahahahaa) Some have even gone as far as saying he's asexual :laughing:

*gets excited at the thought of having it in under two weeks*

I seriously cannot wait. I tried playing on a computer and it just didn't feel the same, lack of immersion. I have oh so fond memories of playing four years ago when I was as experienced wih games and consequently it completely blew me away. Like a real life story that you live if you know what I mean.

I'm just about to place a bid on Ebay for Shenmue 1. How long does it take to go through? Is it worth getting SII at the same time or will I have to wait a while before I complete it? I can't remeber as it was a long time ago I did.

And then I'll buy my DreamCast after my final exam.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I get my stuff usually dispatched from seller the next day and arrives next day or day after that.I'm on the third disc of Shenmue I and I wish I got Shenmue II at the same time,so I'd say leave try and get Shenmue II after you have Shenmue I for a couple of days.

When I completed Shenmue I didn't yet have II, but at least it was something to look forward to after.

This thread inspired me to play shenmue again. Just completed it in Dec, 21 game time. Didn't even get to see christmas :(. Oh well. Also somebody told me that if you havent completed the game by the start of summer you see a video of Lan Di kill Ryo. I can't be arsed to find out but if anyone here does I'd say the best way is to keep failing When you're trying to sneak into Wharehouse No.8 as you add on a day each time you fail.

This thread inspired me to play shenmue again. Just completed it in Dec, 21 game time. Didn't even get to see christmas :(. Oh well. Also somebody told me that if you havent completed the game by the start of summer you see a video of Lan Di kill Ryo. I can't be arsed to find out but if anyone here does I'd say the best way is to keep failing [sp]When you're trying to sneak into Wharehouse No.8[/sp] as you add on a day each time you fail.

If you go on the Shenmue Dojo site they have the video on there if you want to see it

If you go on the Shenmue Dojo site they have the video on there if you want to see it

Could you post a link please.

Just watching those videos reminded me of the awesomeness that is Shenmue. Not that I ever forgot. But god, those english voices suck

In honour of Shenmue III I wrote a song (it's completely my lyrics, and nobody elses)

We the people hope for it's release,

We don't say it'll be perfect but it will,

Our dreams of playing it are disappearing,

Fading are our hopes of the familiar thrill,

You know I did mean,

What I just said,

Cos little by little,

Little by little,

Little by little

You fuckin' bastard,

The game's perfection has to be imperfect,

Because the series is all but complete,

The time has come and now you'll have to accept,

To bring out 3 is your destiny,

You know I did mean,

What I just said,

Cos little by little,

Little by little,

Little by little

You fuckin' bastard,

Little by little,

Little by little,

Little by little

You fuckin' bastard,

You are a fuckin' bastard.

Haha, that's awesome. Noel Gallagher would be dead proud. :p

:bouncy: Just Won :bouncy:

yay0ef.jpg

Happy to pay a bit more for better condition.

All I need now is a Dreamcast

:)

Awesome stuff. Same kind of condition as mine. I was really impressed with the condition of my copy of Shenmue II when I got it, the box is perfect.

Awesome stuff. Same kind of condition as mine. I was really impressed with the condition of my copy of Shenmue II when I got it, the box is perfect.

Yeah, loads of auctions I was looking had really scuffed up boxes, which was pretty off-putting.

With news being so thin. Any slight tidbit to do with Shenmue III is posted on the news page at ShenmueDojo.

On the latest episode of the Gaming Steve podcast (http://www.gamingsteve.com) there's an interview with Peter Moore and when he gets onto talking about the Dreamcast he gives a hilarious Shenmue anecdote. It's around 57 minutes into the podcast or it can be downloaded through fileplanet here.

Here's the download http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/h/e/hellrais//misc/mooreshenmue.mp3

:laughing: that's hilarious.

Notice he goes onto say there's 4 or 5 thousand people who "live and die" for this game. But then he also said about how SEGA invested a lot of money into this product but something didn't quite "gel together" to make it mass market.

Mmhmm... at least it got mentioned, but not too optimistic.

Not more than 4- 5 thousand that live and die for the game? That would surprise me, it's such a masterpiece, it must have been discovered by more people than that... Statements like that makes me sad.

Yay.

Just bought a Dreamcast, 2 controllers and Crazy Taxi on eBay for £18. I didn't really want the extra controller and Crazy Taxi but nearly all the Dreamcasts on eBay are sold in bundles with all their games, thus increasing the price to around the thirties and that was the smallest package I could find. Oh and a VMU for £4!

Soon I will playing Shenmue.

Did you win the bid for that sealed copy of Shenmue II Laguna?

Did you win the bid for that sealed copy of Shenmue II Laguna?

Nope. :cry:

Went to around sixty quid inc P&P which was way out of my price range.

Shenmue is a wonderful series so immersive and detailed, i happy to see people getting into the game even now, its never too late to experience it.

I prefer the japanese voice acting though, one i feel it is less corny than the english one. Having said that the english is done well. I'd have preferred and would have made more sence if they spoke in cantonese.