NEurope

Now I'll definitely try and go to Yokosuka if I ever go to Japan.

Anybody who goes should try and ask the locals if they knew where sailors hang out: "Funanori wo sagashite masu ga?"

Although you might end up being lynched by the locals, who are probably fed up with being asked that by annoying tourists. :grin:

Ive just been watching a few Shenmue retrospectives on Gametrailers and its really put me in the mood to play the games again. I think I saw a Dreamcast in town the other day for £19.99 so im gonna go try and buy that at the weekend.

Edge celebrates its 200th issue this month with the world's first split run of 200 different magazine covers. One of them is a shenmue cover:

screenshot_212149.jpg

Yeah I saw that cover in the magazine, would have been the one id go for aswell. I ended up with the Pikmin one :(

Taken from Sega Blogs FAQ:

"“Are you really SEGA?” / “Is [account name] an official SEGA account?”

Yes. Yes we are. :) The official SEGA accounts are

SEGA - Official SEGA community team for Europe and America

sonicgames - Official Sonic The Hedgehog

phantasystar - Phantasy Star

valkyriatribune - Valkyria Chronicles

totalwar - Total War series (Creative Assembly)

TheConduit - The Conduit

FootManLive - Football Manager Live

and si_games for Sports Interactive (Football Manager)

There are also accounts for Virtua Tennis (virtuatennis) and Shenmue (shenmue) but these are not as active, your main ports of call on Twitter for SEGA interaction are going to be @SEGA, @sonicgames and @phantasystar."

So they've set up a Twitter for Shemue. Could be hints at a sequel? At least it's a sign that they acknowledge how popular the game is.

Maybe it was a contingency plan to stop others setting them up, spread rumours through it and cause the Sega PR team a headache.

Maybe it was a contingency plan to stop others setting them up, spread rumours through it and cause the Sega PR team a headache.

Yeah could be. It does say on the twitter that there is still no plans to make another. But at least it shows that they haven't forgotten about Shenmue and they know how badly people want a 3rd. Maybe eventually someone at Sega will think "Hang on, maybe we should actually finish the story".

At this point I would at least like a port of the first game over to new systems, maybe even a remake with new graphics.

Re-release Shenmue 1 and 2 atleast to build up for Shenmiue 3. Please T_T

I don't care if it's the same graphics, it still looks awesome to me and every little to keep the price of porting down is a plus!

Man, can't believe this saga is still going on! I'm close to being past caring. I still love Shenmue but after all these years I've moved on, and so have games.

Wow, I think this is as good as sold. Good move Sega! I just PREY that this means they've not completely forgotten about Ryu and that BASTARD cliffhanger at the end of Shenmue 2. Seriously, if they're not gonna make the game I just wish they'd release details of where they would have gone with the story so I can get some bloody closure!!

AAagghhh, A couple of years ago, I bought Shenmue PAL of someone on here (edit: Eddage) and only two days ago I finally got my hands on a PAL Dreamcast to play it on (Both PAL and US Shenmue isn't compatable on JAP DC's even with Utopia... I've experienced that the hard way)

Anyways, I just got to Disc 2. I saved my game (start save for disc 2) and did like the game told me to (opened tray, switched to disc 2), but when selecting Play on the DC menu, it loads to the "Produced by etc. etc. Sega" screen, and then it returns to the menu!

What do do?! Disc 2 is 100% clean, not a scratch on it and Disc 1 had some scratches, but played perfectly.

*needs to find his father*

Edited by Adrian DX

*needs to find his father*

Someone is going to be really disapointed when they find out about Shenmue 3 and it's lack of existance..

Hahah, I totally mistyped that thing. I meant the man who killed my father, omg xD

Anyways, what? disappointed because there is no Shenmue 3?

I know theres only two games out, and that the future is dark for the Shenmue franchise except from the racing game.

Ah good. It seemed like you were really disapointed that you couldn't finish the story due to not being able to play the second disk. There not being a 3rd game would have been an even bigger hinderance.

Yeah, It's kind of weird. But even with me just starting on the third disc of the first game now, I know that I'm gonna be frustrated knowing that the story is unfinished even by the end of the second game.

Oh and as you probably understood, I got disc 2 working. Dunno how, but after 30 tries it just worked. But seeing how short Disc 2 was, I'm getting worried I won't get a hold of Shenmue 2 by the time I'm done with disc 3 O.o

Hmmm I'm compelled to start this adventure again own both of them but never completed them...perhaps when I've completed one out of Spirit Tracks or Borderlands I'll fire up the Dreamcast.

I know SEGA are now having problems with releasing core games to the Wii audience. But surely porting Shenmue 1 & 2 into a boxset just to see how it fares on the waters of Wii isn't totally out of the question?

Having finished 2 so long ago I've kinda forgotten alot of the story...