NEurope

I've finally got it and started playing, after all these years of wanting too finally. Lets put it this way, I've never felt so immersed and have that 'magical feeling' at the start of a game since OOT. It doesn't feel like I've started a new game, but another life. Incredible. And I know its just gonna get better as a massive journey lies ahead... :hehe:

Could no-one put any spoilers here please:smile:

Aye, is such an amazing game. Love the freedom, how you could just spend your days saving up money and using them in the toy machines :)

What system you got it for Stocka? Was the first one released for the Xbox?

I know 2 was and t'would seem a wee bit silly to release a sequel without having the oppurtunity to paly the first one.

Aye, is such an amazing game. Love the freedom, how you could just spend your days saving up money and using them in the toy machines :)

What system you got it for Stocka? Was the first one released for the Xbox?

I know 2 was and t'would seem a wee bit silly to release a sequel without having the oppurtunity to paly the first one.

The first Shenmue was only released on Dreamcast, the second one was released on both Dreamcast and Xbox, though only europeans saw the dreamcast version of Shenmue 2. The xbox version featured an 1 hour long movie that filled you in on what happened with Shenmue 1

I've got Shenmue ( my favouritest ever game!!) but my Dreamcast wont work properly :'-(

I had and completed Shenmue 1 & 2 and they are two of the best games i have ever played!!

I fully agree! Oh how happy I am to see that atleast someone agrees. It's just more intense and wonderful than any other game I've ever played. And stocka, you need to have both games. I MUST have Shenmue 3.

I agree, Shenmue was the best game of this generation IMO.

Shenmue 3 will be immense.

"Adam Doree from Kikizo games revealed in a recent article that the Shenmue series will be making its debut on one of the Next Gen consoles. Here are the main details we know so far:

It has essentially been close to finished and 'ready' for some time - but in hibernation, pending a deal for the entire series on at least one next-gen console.

The new plan for Shenmue has been to include the whole series - chapters 1-16 - on at least one next-generation console.

It won't be titled "Shenmue 3" The game, or games, are theoretically complete and ready to be ported to Xbox 360, PS3 or Revolution, depending on a deal with one of the hardware manufacturers."

Laguna, yeah, I've read that at Shenmue dojo. I'm forcing myself to not replay Shenmue1+2 before I get number three. I really love the game. It made me happy to see someone that thinks alike. I often hear it mentioned as Sega's big failure (since it cost them around 70 million dollars to make or something...), but I'm happy to see other people who loves the game.

I MUST have Shenmue 3.
Yeah, it makes absolutely NO SENSE for Shenmue fans to have the series end where it has!! Just as the story is REALLY getting interesting;

The chase for Lan Di is on!!

"Adam Doree from Kikizo games revealed in a recent article that the Shenmue series will be making its debut on one of the Next Gen consoles. Here are the main details we know so far:

It has essentially been close to finished and 'ready' for some time - but in hibernation, pending a deal for the entire series on at least one next-gen console.

The new plan for Shenmue has been to include the whole series - chapters 1-16 - on at least one next-generation console.

It won't be titled "Shenmue 3" The game, or games, are theoretically complete and ready to be ported to Xbox 360, PS3 or Revolution, depending on a deal with one of the hardware manufacturers."

Shenmue 3 had better carry on in the same style/theme, because there has been talk (whether it's true or not) about them taking it online (making it community interactive like Phantasy Star Online, i'd imagine); which i'd REALLY not like!!

Yeah, it makes absolutely NO SENSE for Shenmue fans to have the series end where it has!! Just as the story is REALLY getting interesting;

The chase for Lan Di is on!!

Shenmue 3 had better carry on in the same style/theme, because there has been talk (whether it's true or not) about them taking it online (making it community interactive like Phantasy Star Online, i'd imagine); which i'd REALLY not like!!

Don't worry, Shenmue online isn't a replacement for Shenmue 3. For some reason, I think that even graphically Shenmue online looks "worse" than shenmue 2. I mean, it looks so stiff and "not alive". That's not how I remember shenmue. *turns on Dreamcast* No, I was right. I higly recommend http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/

for info on Shenmue. It's an excellent site.

I'm really sorry guys but Yu Suzuki says he has no plans for releasing Shenmue 3... I think I read it in Edge, not sure... I bloody hope it's untrue!

I hope you have Shenmue 2 aswell Stocka, it's much lengthier (4 discs!) the 3rd and 4th disc's are absolutely brilliant. I'd say Shenmue 2 is even better than the first.

Cheapshot :

Well, It's not like Yu Suzuki is allowed to say anything about the game. I've also heard that the economical disaster that was Shenmue, didn't exactly strenghten Yu Suzuki's position. I am still clinging to the hope that Kikizo is right...

Yeah finger's crossed but it wouldn't look right with next-gen graphics anyway even if it appeared in my opinion, they better be quick about it...

In my opinion, one of the best thing anout shemnue is the vending machines, that you can get sonic figures from.

Oh my, I spent WAY too much time getting all the toys. I don't even know if I got them all. + I spent a lot of time gambling in Shenmue 2.

God, I love this game. Dreamcast seems to be playing this ok, but it's struggling with a couple of others. Anyone know anything about ribbon cables?

To all the people asking if I have 2 or telling me to get it, don't worry of course I will! I'll get it when I know i've nearly finished Shenmue. The boxart for II is stunning :shock: And i'm so pleased both games are MASSIVE, I love huge rpgs/adventures, as they are more a lifetime experience than a game.

Yeah, the 3rd and forth disc of Shenmue 2 are really awesome. Is it a spiler to say I really like one of the characters that you see a lot on the third disc of Shenmue 2?

Don't worry, Shenmue online isn't a replacement for Shenmue 3. For some reason, I think that even graphically Shenmue online looks "worse" than shenmue 2.
Yeah I agree, the pictures of 'Shenmue Online' look really bad! They seem to have lost all the character!
I'm really sorry guys but Yu Suzuki says he has no plans for releasing Shenmue 3... I think I read it in Edge, not sure... I bloody hope it's untrue!

I hope you have Shenmue 2 aswell Stocka, it's much lengthier (4 discs!) the 3rd and 4th disc's are absolutely brilliant. I'd say Shenmue 2 is even better than the first.

Yeah I think I heard this aswell, and I really hope that Shenmue 3 does get released (and not Shenmue Online)!! Because like I said before, the story is getting REALLY good.

Shenmue 2 was absolutely fantastic!! The areas you got to explore, the scenery, the cinematic camera!!

The best bit for me was;

The fight on top of the building, with Lan Di circling above you in the helicopter!

and when you got chased right the way down the building, through all the corridors!

and there were Quick-Timer-Events all the way down!

I remember playing shenmue with my friend, it's all we used to do after school/6th form (I think it was then, haha).

Such a brilliant game, so many awesome moments, it really does capture you in the experience!

I loved both the games and have been meaning to replay them both but just don't have the time. If all three (or 16 chapters, whatever) came out on next gen I'd start from the start. Or more likely I'd start from the 3rd game (as so to speak) so that I know what happens.

*curses self for selling Dreamcast*

I love the voice acting, "Hey Mr you wanna play baseball?" was one of my favourite lines by one of those lil kids in the street.

Also loved it when you get your job, and the fighting. Ah heck, I loved it all

Also loved it when you get your job, and the fighting. Ah heck, I loved it all
The Docks in Shenmue 1 are one of the best places for SOOO many reasons; I love that place!! and catching the bus there and back on a cold winters evening!!

The Docks in Shenmue 1 are one of the best places for SOOO many reasons; I love that place!! and catching the bus there and back on a cold winters evening!!

gah, I always got my brother to do the docks for me. I hated them.