NEurope

Bad news guys, Sega have responded to the campaign:

:(

Sega are a bag of shit. Sorry, he's too busy making a game nobody cares about? Brilliant. Basically all that's been said there is that they are going to leave us hanging for another 5 years. Either give us the game or fuck off.

I'm glad Dreamcast flopped now if this is how you treat fans Sega. So when's work starting on the next embarrasing Sonic game? Don't work too hard.... ****s.

There was an interesting debate on Gamefaqs in the 360 boards about just what the hell has happened to Sega. You just have to look at the games that they are churning out now and then compare them with the games they made back when they were successful.

Just look at the state of the Sonic games that have come out. This guy is supposed to be their mascot and they treat his series with very little respect. Also people are screaming for updates of NiGHTS, Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon and Skies of Arcadia and instead of giving the public what they want they just release garbage.

Back of topic, like I said on Saturday in the 360 topic I have started playing Shenmue 2 but I havent been able to get back on it as I have been busy all weekend. Should be able to give it a go today though.

Thats a serious point, Sega just seem to churn out crap these days.

The last decent game i played of theirs was Sonic Rush.

Starting to really get into it now. I just learned the Iron Palm move while smashing a tree, now to look for the other 3 Wude.

I like Super Monkey Ball, but apart from that they've released nothing but buggy shit since leaving the Dreamcast behind. Someone should tell them if they want to be one of the best publishers they should make the best games.

Sonic is a joke. Stop whoring him out. I'm sick of seeing games that I think 'what the hell is this?' and then seeing 'sega' at the bottom of it.

In the days of the Dreamcast I was such a massive Sega fan, I wouldn't give anything Nintendo related a second glance. And now look at them. Waste of time.

This Shenmue thing has got me really angry. At least if they came out and said "We're binning the series", then I'd be so disappointed, but at least it would be over. I'm sick of them leaving us hanging in endless 'hope'.

Starting to really get into it now. I just learned the Iron Palm move while smashing a tree, now to look for the other 3 Wude.

It's amazing mate. There are times where I was blown away by it. It's like a fantastic film but because it's a game you feel so much more involved in it.

I was gonna say wait until you get to disc 3 but you're playing it on Xbox aren't you. Anyway, when you get to the part that Dreamcast disc 3 started at, it's incredible.

Hows the emulation anyway? Is there any slowdown or anything?

It's amazing mate. There are times where I was blown away by it. It's like a fantastic film but because it's a game you feel so much more involved in it.

I was gonna say wait until you get to disc 3 but you're playing it on Xbox aren't you. Anyway, when you get to the part that Dreamcast disc 3 started at, it's incredible.

Hows the emulation anyway? Is there any slowdown or anything?

I have had abit of slowdown in Pigeon Park but nothing major that has spoiled the experience so far.

I have had abit of slowdown in Pigeon Park but nothing major that has spoiled the experience so far.

Always happens in the Dreamcast one I'm assuming it's always been in the Xbox version as well.

Always happens in the Dreamcast one I'm assuming it's always been in the Xbox version as well.

Thats alright then. Tell what is annoying, when someone tells you they will lead you to the place you are looking for and they take baby steps to get there. I usually get sick of them and just run off and find the place myself.

Yeah it's very annoying, and probably just a back up plan in case you can't find a place yourself.

Thats alright then. Tell what is annoying, when someone tells you they will lead you to the place you are looking for and they take baby steps to get there. I usually get sick of them and just run off and find the place myself.

I'll just ask them the way and watch the direction they walk in. Then I'll just follow that direction and if I get lost I'll ask someone else and do the same. I used to love it when they said, "I'm going right by there myself." And then do a complete U-turn to lead oyu the way.

Good times.

lol classic. It was annoying but funny at the same time. Nothing beats when you're trying to get cash from running the lucky hit stall in terms of trigerring your patience anger though :grin:

lol classic. It was annoying but funny at the same time. Nothing beats when you're trying to get cash from running the lucky hit stall in terms of trigerring your patience anger though :grin:

Most of my earnings came from gambling.

Yeah, gambling is an easy way to earn money in Shenmue II. Just save / load. How many of you achieved the secret duck race in Shenmue II? That's one thing I never could do.

Yeah, gambling is an easy way to earn money in Shenmue II. Just save / load. How many of you achieved the secret duck race in Shenmue II? That's one thing I never could do.

What? Secret duck race? Tell me more. I've never heard of it.

Just started playing the first one tonight. First time through actually owning it and my cousin didn't lend me his Dreamcast for very long the first time round so I didn't get far.

I'm already addicted to this by a large mortgage.

What? Secret duck race? Tell me more. I've never heard of it.

There was a video at youtube but someone seems to have taken it down. It was a pretty cool secret hidden in shenmue 2. You had to collect these three medals (bronze, silver and gold) and then the lady in the tomato convenience store would let you play the duck race.

I actually enjoyed the task of collecting the medals more then the reward of the duck race itself because to get the silver and gold medals you had to participate in 2 secret fights, one with the lady that sometimes just stands on the pier looking out to sea and the other with the tomato convenience store girl... and she was one of the harder people to fight in the game!

I had the first one...completed it and then sold it on...i wish i never did that, BUT i do remember most of it, so not a problem.

I then had the second one, but got to a bit which annoyed the hell out of me...i was much younger then, it was a bit when you were walking on planks and had to press a corresponding button not to fall.

Now, i'm going to buy the second one again on dreamcast and beat it, i never did and i really do need too.

I'm hoping that plank bit wasn't too far in the game (so theres loads i haven't done), does anyone know?..but i'm sure it was far in the game...i remember doing quite a bit. Still, i'll love to play it again. :yay:

The plank bit was pretty far, at least in the second half of the game.

Can you kinda give me an estimate on how many hours gameplay i would have to do after that....I honestly don't remember which disc it was on...Hopefully you'll know.

Thanks in advance Stocka! : peace:

Can you kinda give me an estimate on how many hours gameplay i would have to do after that....I honestly don't remember which disc it was on...Hopefully you'll know.

Thanks in advance Stocka! : peace:

I'd say it was about 2 thirds of the way through.

I'd say it was about 2 thirds of the way through.

Excuse my thickness (but i'm crap at maths). Is 2 thirds, less or more then half-way through the game?

:D

Excuse my thickness (but i'm crap at maths). Is 2 thirds, less or more then half-way through the game?

:D

Two thirds is bigger than a half,so it's more then half-way through the game.

Yeah you've completed quite a lot of the game. But there is still quite a bit to do/learn.

Yeah you've completed quite a lot of the game. But there is still quite a bit to do/learn.

Thanks guys! :D

I'll get it then, haven't played it for about 2 years...so it's worth it i reckon.

Yeah get back to it, you won't regret it. You'll join the rest of us in sadness and anger with the wait for III once you complete it though :heh: