NEurope

When it comes to the voices, I can take either the english or the Jap with subs. They're both great in their own different ways. I remember being a bit disappointed when I first played Shenmue 2, because it didn't have the "spaced-out" voice acting, that I'd grew to love. Thing is though, you soon get used to the Japanese actors, and it does lend a certain authenticity to proceedings (OK it's Japanese I know and it's set in Hong Kong, but you know what I mean!).

It would be lovely to think that at some point in the future they'll release a box set for a future console that has selectable language options.

Im having a nightmare trying to find a decent copy of both Shenmue 1 and 2 on ebay. Most of them have the outer sleeve but many of them are well knackered.

That was a problem I had at the time of the DC. I also bought versions that were in pretty good nick, but wouldn't load! Ended up sticking with my naughty back up versions, that I know work OK. Someone at work printed off a high quality box inlay, and also laser printed full size disc labels based on the originals, onto some new discs for me, so they look the biz. Rest assured, when Sega deem it fit to release a boxset, I'll be there.

I have a horrible problem with disc 2 now. (Shenmue1) It hangs up after certain events. I haven't done anything to damage the disc, and I never made any backup of it. I'm sad now... Is it possible that my PC would be able to make a backup, even if the Dreamcast cannot read it perfectly? If so, how do I do it? It's not illegal when I own the game, right?

I have a horrible problem with disc 2 now. (Shenmue1) It hangs up after certain events. I haven't done anything to damage the disc, and I never made any backup of it. I'm sad now... Is it possible that my PC would be able to make a backup, even if the Dreamcast cannot read it perfectly? If so, how do I do it? It's not illegal when I own the game, right?

I have a copy like that; hangs after getting a drink for the hobo and looking at cassetes, your best bet would be to make a copy.

On a side note; unless you have a coders cable or a DC BBA- You cannot make a copy of a Dreamcast disc someone called STC-Fan made a guide about what CD/DVD r drives can read+copy DC discs but its not that long a list.

Cho Mike : Damn... And I cannot afford a new Shenmue game yet. Still, thanks for the information, I'll see what I can do.

Who likes my new sig? :smile:

stockasig.jpg

sex

Anyway I have a bid on eBay for Shenmue II, wish me luck :D

Who likes my new sig? :smile:

stockasig.jpg

sex

Anyway I have a bid on eBay for Shenmue II, wish me luck :D

It would look better if you put ryu to the right-side and put a quote from the game on the left.

How about this...

shesig.jpg

Thats better, but you could try and make it more wispy (can't think of the right word)

Check it out now!!!!! :D

stockasig2.jpg

Thanks to our wonderful admin Ashley for making it for me :bowdown:

i have completed both the shenmues but do find it annoying that ryu hasuki or whatever his name is has no personality at all..."i see" all the time etc did my head in

Ok I want to ask something. I'm not sure if it's dumb to still belive that I will one day be able to play Shenmue3, but I do. Well, I'm not sure of anything, But I just think that it cannot end like this. Oh, yes, I agree that it was not meant to end like this.

Who believes that we will see / hear about Shenmue 3 at e3 ?

Ok I want to ask something. I'm not sure if it's dumb to still belive that I will one day be able to play Shenmue3, but I do. Well, I'm not sure of anything, But I just think that it just cannot end like this.

I don't believe it was MEANT to end like this. However I am unsure to whether there will be a shenmue 3.

Ok I want to ask something. I'm not sure if it's dumb to still belive that I will one day be able to play Shenmue3, but I do. Well, I'm not sure of anything, But I just think that it just cannot end like this.

I believe we will!

Oh wait.... I got the word believe mixed up with the word hope.

Unfortunately I doubt they will make a new sequel. It's clear Yu Suzuki couldn't care less about his series anymore, after the games failed to be the blockbusters they were supposed to be.

The games are just too expensive to make (Shenmue was even on the Guiness as the most expensive game ever produced, I believe the production + engine development cost over $70 million), and since all this time has passed you would have to add a new engine (or an improvement of the older) to meet today's graphical "demands" (yep, for some people graphics are everything).

It's obviously quite "sad" for me to admit this, since it means we will never see how the series will end (for some reason I always envisioned Ryo being defeated at the end by Lan Di, which would be kind of an ironic fate), but I like to think that at least we got several wonderful chapters to play over and over again.

In my case I also have the "What's Shenmue" Demo, so I have something more to play over and over... :D

What's Shenmue? That's not Shenmue Passport, right? Isn't that one Japan only?

What's Shenmue was a tech demo released to show off Shenmue before release, it allowed you to see a view of the character upclose talking about what you can do ingame (only one character of which spoke English [Mark]) and also allowed you to roam a BETA Doubuita (SP?) I think.

I'm not sure on the last one because my copy stops reading when I reach that point.

What's Shenmue? That's not Shenmue Passport, right? Isn't that one Japan only?

No, it's not the Shenmue Passport disc that came with the game (disc 4).

Like I previously mentioned Shenmue and Shenmue II are easily my favourite games ever, so I actually started to collect a few things gameplay-related (I don't really care for t-shirts and stuff like that, but I wanted to get additional playable content or video stuff not found on the final releases).

So I have a few things like the Project Berkley disc that came with the Japanese VF3TB (http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/project_berkley.shtml), the What's Shenmue VHS tape (http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/whats_shenmue_vhs.shtml) and the one I mentioned, the What's Shenmue Demo (http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/whats_shenmue.shtml), which actually has stuff cut from the final game and an exclusive "quest" of sorts. I actually managed to find new copies of all these items, so these are probably my most prized items in my games-related collection.

I also have stuff like the Japanese dvd of Shenmue - The Movie (http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/shenmue_movie.shtml), which cost me like 60 euros (:woops: ), only for it to be given away free with the Xbox edition of Shenmue II (at least the Japanese dvd has a couple of extras not featured on the disc that came with the Xbox edition)

^ Both of you, thanks for the details. I thought it was something like that, although I had hoped it also contained the abillity to ride a bicycle, as I saw in early Shenmue screens. As for wether we will see a sequel or not, it seems like people agree with me. I hope so, but I cannot say that we will ever see a sequel for sure.

What I don't understand is if the sequels are finished why don't they release them already!? There's obviously big demand and if it was released on current gen the graphics would hold up pretty well I think.

I reckon Shenmue 2 still looks fantastic so I reckon they should get it over and done with before it's too late y'know.

What I don't understand is if the sequels are finished why don't they release them already!? There's obviously big demand and if it was released on current gen the graphics would hold up pretty well I think.
The sequels aren't finished!! I don't think they're even started!

I'd imagine they have the story mapped out for the final Chapters across Shenmue 3 & 4, but other than that I don't think there's much else other than a few concept designs maybe!

The sequels aren't finished!! I don't think they're even started!

I'd imagine they have the story mapped out for the final Chapters across Shenmue 3 & 4, but other than that I don't think there's much else other than a few concept designs maybe!

Um they have actually according to Kikiso.com.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp

It may not be true but I do remember an interview with Suzuki saying the series was finished but he was just looking for the right time to bring them all to one console but with Shenmue 2 flopping so bad on the Xbox it probably set him back just a little (pretty stupid idea bringing it to an American orientated console IMO) Can't remember where I found that interview though unfortunately.

And those screenshots I put up earlier may have originally been intended for Shenmue 2 but I reckon you would have certainly seen those places in Shenmue 3.

Woo I finally got it on eBay(Shenmue II), ended up getting it for £31.71, used (but good condition) and buy it now.

I'm worried though, are those scratches on the second disc case or is it seal. Looks more like the first to me. Ah well its not too bad..

f2_1_b.JPG