NEurope

The first game is epic, but the second one......... Wow. Even just the intro of the second one makes me a little emotional.

Fax : You're not the only one. Mayny events in Shenmue 1 & 2 makes me a bit emotional these days. Even more when I'm so unsure if I'll ever see the sequel to Shenmue 2... I wish it could just be realeased for Dreamcast. I don't need any better graphics...

Yeah Suzuki said that there were no plans for Shenmue III. Boy do I have some memories from Shenmue... really immersive games that left me with big impressions. It's also useful to learn Japanese (Shenmue II DC version is in Japanese). Be sure to squeeze every bit of juice out of those games Stocka, because they're really huge.

I'm looking for some sailors.

I'm pretty confident there'll be a third one. The only concern I have is what format. I've heard that it could turn up on Xbox 360. While I don't mind what format it comes on really (although surely the Rev controller would be WELL suited!), I don't really want to have to spend a small fortune to play it. The thought of having to pay through the nose for Microsoft hardware goes through me.

As for Shenmue 2, it's a funny one because at first it feels like the magic of the first one isn't there. It's not Dobuita after all, and no-one knows Ryo. And it's all so busy, after the sleepiness of the original. But it soon weaves it's spell, and Hong Kong really shines through. Never before have slums seemed so awe inspiring and magical. You'll love it. If you don't want to go there when you finished it I'll be very surprised!

I loved the orignial version of the game but I never picked up the 2nd as many people said it was terrible. I may pick it up as im thinking of re-buying a Dreamcast for a few cheeky titles.

( Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2, Shenmue 1 )

I loved the orignial version of the game but I never picked up the 2nd as many people said it was terrible.

Thats surprising...I absolutely love the second one, and have never heard any negatives myself. The game is immense and crazily detailed, although you cant just pick random things up and turn them around (not actually doing anything with them) like in the first one. Most of the items you can interact in that way with will be specific to a situation. I was quite disappointed not to be able to pick up every can of soup in the shops. Even so, it doesnt feel like its any less interactive on the surface; you can still talk to every person, enter every building etc.

________

Nevada dispensary

Edited by Johelian

Well I played for a while earlier today, and its just started to get very exciting :awesome:

The part where its midnight and Nozomi has been kidnapped so you chase to the harbour on the motorbike and meet Terry.

The scene driving back with Nozomi was pretty romantic, love that song.

Well I played for a while earlier today, and its just started to get very exciting :awesome:

The part where its midnight and Nozomi has been kidnapped so you chase to the harbour on the motorbike and meet Terry.

The scene driving back with Nozomi was pretty romantic, love that song.

Is that the time when;

You race to the docks on your bike and knock some of the thugs into the docks on your bike?

It's SO cool!!

Is that the time when;

You race to the docks on your bike and knock some of the thugs into the docks on your bike?

It's SO cool!!

Nope... its the first time you use Ito's motorcycle.

My oh my...I've just completed it.

I was pretty sad when it ended, as it was just getting really exciting. But of course, I can't wait till I get the sequel now. :grin::grin::grin:

I'm still in shock, looking back at the memories of playing through what an incredible experience its been. If there wasn't a II I'd probably cry. :wink:

I need to get it ASAP!!!!

...WOW I'm so EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin:

Hopefully I should get it before the end of the month! I can't wait too long.

Oh and those credits, surely that was the longest list of credits I've ever seen for a game :shock: Just shows how much work has gone into it.

I was pretty sad when it ended, as it was just getting really exciting. But of course, I can't wait till I get the sequel now. :grin::grin::grin:

I'm still in shock, looking back at the memories of playing through what an incredible experience its been. If there wasn't a II I'd probably cry. :wink:

I need to get it ASAP!!!!

...WOW I'm so EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin:

Hopefully I should get it before the end of the month! I can't wait too long.

Oh and those credits, surely that was the longest list of credits I've ever seen for a game :shock: Just shows how much work has gone into it.

Well done on completing it!

And whilst you've finished one of the finest games ever,

The good news is that with Shenmue II, it just keeps getting better and better!!

Shenmue II, it just keeps getting better and better!!

Cept' the part at the end where you realise there's no sequel =P (yet).

Yeah whats the deal with Sega? Many fans have been crying out for Shenmue 3 and NiGHTS remake and what do they give us...Shadow the Hedgehog.

Congrats on finishing the game Stocka. Just wondering did anyone out there get ALL the little sega toys that you can get in the game?

EDIT: Heres a fan made teaser-trailer for number 3

http://youtube.com/w/Shenmue-3-Fake-Trailer?v=iiXhAekQqUw&search=shenmue

Also heres what Shenmue was going to look like on the Sega Saturn.

http://youtube.com/w/Shenmue-saturn?v=Ddt6tE9EU2k&search=shenmue

Yeah, the Saturn Shenmue was awesome. Proves that Shenmue really was in developement since 1994. ( Iremember I read about that a long time ago in a french magazine, and thought it was weird, then I completed Shenmue 2, and got to see this video...)

Shenmue 2 is absolute magic, Stocka. Make sure you get it, but don't spend silly money! If you really struggle to get it, I have a backup DC copy, and I'm sure I could arrange some way of sending you it. It's self-booting, so you don't need a boot disc.

Let me know how you get on!

I'll get it off eBay the next few days.

Argh that sucks that the voices are japanese and english subtitles in II, I love the english voice acting in Shenmue. :weep:

Now you understand why for some of us it's the best game series ever? :love:

Be sure to play the second game, it's much longer than the first one. So much to do, so much to see, so many asses to kick... :D

I love the english voice acting in Shenmue. :weep:

...!! *Speechless*

Try talking to a random kid near Ryos' house and sqiurm.

You'll learn to love the subtitled Japanese voice acting, it's more fitting and you can tell they put in far more effort with the Jap voice-acting. Trust me IT'S BETTER.

And if you loved Shenmue so much you'll cry tears of joy when you get Shenmue II heh, you'll love it! It starts off quite slow but the 3rd and 4th disc's are absolute magic and as Jo said - it's not quite as intricate as the first one as the second is more like a journey as Ryo has basically started his quest with the second game. That's all I'm gonna say... Hmm... I think I'm gonna play it again now!

Oh and thanks for correcting me Cho-mie, glad to see Shenmue is alive in some form! I wonder how Online will work - I'm REALLY excited about that one! :smile:

Well Stocka you git you have done it again. I have bought myself a Dreamcast and im now looking for a copy of Shenmue 2 as like you I havent played the sequel. For those of you who dont know Stocka has this ability to hype me up and then make me buy the game in question.

Argh that sucks that the voices are japanese and english subtitles in II, I love the english voice acting in Shenmue.
...!! *Speechless*
I agree with Stocka!

I thought the voice acting in Shenmue was really great!

It took a while for me to get use to the japanese/english subtitles in Shenmue II, and although I did get used to it and was immersed in the game, I think I would have enjoyed Shenmue II even more and got even more immersed in the story, if it had been in English!

I hope if Shenmue II ever appears on Shenmue III (for example) in the future, that it has an English language version; though it's very unlikely!

I actually didn't enjoy the English voice acting in the first Shenmue. On the first disc, they are all stoned and spaced out....

"Ohh..................................hi.................................. ryo........."

But later in the game, it gets really good.

In the second one, i prefer listening to Japanese, because first i love japanese, and second it makes it feel more authentic, after all it is japanese people. Although alot of Japanese people in hong kong lol :)

I hope if Shenmue II ever appears on Shenmue III (for example) in the future, that it has an English language version; though it's very unlikely!

Xbox Shenmue II is in English (...Shenmue 1's cast returned) but you've got to be mad to accept Robot Ryos' laughable excuse for voice-acing.

I thought most of the voice-acting was crap in Shenmue but some characters in particular did a good job like Nozomi and Iwata Hazuki etc. but the insignificant characters were shite IMO.

I don't have any problems with the English voice-acting of the first game, although I prefer the original voices + subtitles as presented on Shenmue II.