NEurope

Yeah get back to it, you won't regret it. You'll join the rest of us in sadness and anger with the wait for III once you complete it though :heh:

Shenmue 1 (and 2, as i did love it) are one of my fav games of all time. The emotion, the feeling of adventure and space, the music! Everything was outstanding and still is today. I hope Sega release a third in the future.

Actually, i liked the music from the first one so much, i imported the Shenmue soundtrack the year it came out...still have it today. It's mainly that one epic song...but it has a cool J-POP song on it as well...

Yeah get back to it, you won't regret it. You'll join the rest of us in sadness and anger with the wait for III once you complete it though :heh:

It's true. It will ruin your life. You will sit in the foetal position in the dark in your room, gently rocking back and forth waiting for the next installment in the Shenmue saga.

Actually, i liked the music from the first one so much, i imported the Shenmue soundtrack the year it came out...still have it today. It's mainly that one epic song...but it has a cool J-POP song on it as well...

If you haven't already get the Shenmue Orchestra tracks make sure you do. There's 8 in total, and they are beautiful, especially the Morning Fog's Wave.

The jpop song you're referring to is Wish, that takes place with Nozomi on the motor right? (The scene in my sig). Beautiful song.

If you haven't already get the Shenmue Orchestra tracks make sure you do. There's 8 in total, and they are beautiful, especially the Morning Fog's Wave.

The jpop song you're referring to is Wish, that takes place with Nozomi on the motor right? (The scene in my sig). Beautiful song.

It's the Orchestral Soundtrack to Shenmue. Has all the music in the game, theres around 12 tracks and it's stunning. I bought it for the main 'epic' song though, if i recall it's at the beginning and end.

Then, theres a extra track which is a Japanese girl singing in English (i think) and it's really catchy and up-tempo, i don't remember it being on the game...it actually makes me laugh, it's a Japanese pop song and is very out-of-place. I'm sure it's not Wish. :)

This has reminded me I really should get back into Shenmue 2 on my xbox, got stuck on abit where you have to catch leaves falling from a tree about 2 years ago and have never been back to it, despite up to that point absolutely loving the game...

This has reminded me I really should get back into Shenmue 2 on my xbox, got stuck on abit where you have to catch leaves falling from a tree about 2 years ago and have never been back to it, despite up to that point absolutely loving the game...

I bloody loved that part. So so beautiful

I bloody loved that part. So so beautiful

Agreed but I just couldn't get the knack of it, watch now I'll do it first try.

I hope you get the hang of it. Catching the leaves is just to make you cool your head. Shenmue has so much more awesome events to offer after that.

I just got Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast (again) and have just passed that bit. It's a lovely scene, i remember it playing it from last time though. :grin:

It's still outstanding and exactly how i remembered it. All these years a Shenmue II still beats alot of the games released today.

It's still outstanding and exactly how i remembered it. All these years and Shenmue II still beats every game released today.

I agree. :awesome:

I agree. :awesome:

Me too. :santa: Still need to play through the XBOX version of Shenmue II. Got it mostly for collection purposes, but I would like to play through it again with English voice overs.

I need to get Shenmue II on Xbox for the same reasons, and I really want that free DVD. It is compatible on 360 now right?

It is indeed. The spine of the box art looks really nice actually. Just in case you wanted to know...

Biggest hint of Shenmue III in AGES ! :shock:

In Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3, one of the Pai characters in Quest mode is named "Shen Fa" with the tagline: "The Tree will Blossom Again...", and there's a Lau by the name of "Lan Di"

Biggest hint of Shenmue III in AGES ! :shock:

OMG You made my heart beat faster! Please, please let this be a real hint of Shenmue III coming.

I didn't even feel close to excitement then. Having just bought Rez the Dreamcast is coming back out this week so no doubt I'll have a play of Shenmue and be back to mental waiting for Shenmue III.

Do you think that after all of this waiting and wanting, Shenmue III will not be as good as expected and we'll be dissapointed and therefore our life will lose all meaning and we'll end up committing suicide?

I didn't even feel close to excitement then. Having just bought Rez the Dreamcast is coming back out this week so no doubt I'll have a play of Shenmue and be back to mental waiting for Shenmue III.

I want Rez but it goes for really high prices on Ebay!

I'm also looking at 'Cosmic Smash'.

I'm playing Dreamcast all the time lately.

Do you think that after all of this waiting and wanting, Shenmue III will not be as good as expected and we'll be dissapointed and therefore our life will lose all meaning and we'll end up committing suicide?

Even if it's not that great as long as it's released i'll be satisfied. Whether it's good or not will matter at the time but all I care for right now is IF it will happen.

I'd be really disappointed if it went all magical and crap. Obviously there's something like that based on the end of the last one, but I hope it keeps along the lines of the first 2.

Hahahaha look at me talking as Shenmue III is a reality...

I want Rez but it goes for really high prices on Ebay!

I'm also looking at 'Cosmic Smash'.

I'm playing Dreamcast all the time lately.

I know man! Cost me about £40 I think, but I love Rez, stupidly sold it when I got the same price for it on Ebay a couple of years a go. I did the same with Shenmue II... :heart: Dreamcast :heart:

No, but I'd feel like an empty shell for a while. And I would wish the game never released if the game was crap. But hey, if they released the game with DC graphics, I'd be happy. I just need to know the rest of the story.

Rez = Worth every penny. If any of you ever get this make sure to buy a Dreamcast Vibration Pack. Just spent an hour unlocking Level 5. It's a bit different to what I remember.

Jesus the level 5 boss is solid! The whole level was a piece of piss and then suddenly I've got loads of enemies coming at me from all angles!

Zing! I bought a Dreamcast and Shenmue 1 and 2 a while ago, but about half way through Shenmue 1 the Dreamcast broke, and I never got round to replacing it... Until this Wednesday! I can't wait! I'm getting a new TV for my bedroom, and I'm being reunited with Shenmue. Happy days.

^

I would be extremely happy if I were you. I hope you have a completely awesome experience with Shenmue.