N-Europe

Movie Poster Contest

Daft

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that already looks better than the other version. =)

Have you tried fiddling with the placement too? Like putting it in different spots (for example the top right corner etc)?

All I remember from graphic design if you have to try and try and try until it looks good haha. So try different colours, different fonts, different placements.

Have you tried removing the black outline as the beam hits the border so it merges?

That's how it was originally. Just kind of clashed a bit. I like it popping out. Had to add some beamage myself.

Yeah, that already looks better than the other version. =)

Have you tried fiddling with the placement too? Like putting it in different spots (for example the top right corner etc)?

All I remember from graphic design if you have to try and try and try until it looks good haha. So try different colours, different fonts, different placements.

I turned Cyclops blue-er. Which I prefer. I'm think I'm done with it now. I would mess around with it but I stupidly saved the PSD after I flattened the image. So stoopid! :mad:

Next time. I happy enough with it. Wouldn't mind lowering the text a little. Ah, well.

Ok I'm calling it.

WINNER - DAFT

For the original one. Pretty perfect. Aesthetically pleasing, looks like a book cover, AND looks completely 60's, fitting with the film you chose. Brilliant.

Runner-up - Odwin

Nice, kinda wish it was more than just a manip of the original posters, but hey. :p

The rest were sometimes mildly amusing.

I know the X-Men one has closed but I wanted to do my idea so here it is (randomly thrown in generic images as I couldn't be bothered to try and get images of the cast)!

106iirq.jpg

Tried a POTC one but it was meh.

Okay, well this round was a dud.

However, I was expecting anyone to top Cube's second entry anyway, so WINUUUARRRR!!

Pirates of the Caribbean in Space, I love. Almost feels like that's where they need to take the series.

Also, you win runner up. :heh:

...actually, I'm not sure if I want your first one to win... *CONFUSION*

...actually, I'm not sure if I want your first one to win... *CONFUSION*

We can pretend I never posted it. I did label it as a non-serious entry.

Anyway the next one:

galaxyquestposter.jpg

Galaxy Quest. Any kind of spacey parody stuff will do.