NEurope
N-E Survey

So you actually are from the US? :o I thought you were just kidding, such a commonly used joke I mean...

No.

Nottingham, UK.

I'm a dual UK/US citizen I think. But I'm like a sliver american, so realistically I'm British. I actually thought I was (blood-wise) more English than I am Scottish but found out the other night I really am more Scottish than I though.

I'm legally not Irish at all. But culturally I am more Irish than anything else. Passport wise I am Italian & Brazilian.

Are potatoes a stereotypical joke for you Finns as well? :laughing: Interesting facts.

Well that's because potatoes are the greatest food stuff there is.

Yay, sounds awesome! Now I'm not into alcohol myself, but p0rn I can surely appreciate! :D We could certainly import some of that relaxedness into Finland...interested to act as a goodwill ambassadour? ;)

Really, the trait we're most known for is a relaxed attitude towards everything! :heh: We have Christiania, for crying out loud! Though at the moment the government is working to close the place down, which I think is a shame.

When I think of Denmark I think of Vikings :p

It makes sense why we're so liberal when it comes to sex and alcohol. :heh:

I'm from Wales. Currently living in England. I don't really feel Welsh, though. My family aren't from there, so I think that has something to do with it.

There used to be a fair few Portuguese people here, they've all been lynched, as they were part of the mafia.

I'm from and have lived in Winnipeg, Canada my entire life. We have the exact same climate as Siberia. I can't think of much else to say about it, its not the most interesting city in the country.

I'm from Stourbridge' date=' one of the greatest towns in the middle of England. Now I live in San Francisco, almost as good as Stourbridge on the West Coast of the US.[/quote']

I have heard the Stour compared to the San Francisco River on a number of occasions.

I'm from England.

I'm from Éire (that be Ireland)

I've seen some people put down dual citizenships, and most people here know that my mother is from the Philippines, but I do not have (nor do I want) a Filipino citizenship... proudly Irish Paddy here :D

Interesting...so what's the winter like then? Seems like Winnipeg is still on the same latitude as the UK and Ireland, i.e. more to the south than Finland.

Now that I look closer...there really aren't that many countries on the same latitude as Finland! :o Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Alaska (US) and Northern Canada...wow! No wonder people get surprised by the winters in here!

Helsinki is the most northern capital in the world.

You may have already known that.

Anyway England here.

I'm from and have lived in Winnipeg, Canada my entire life. We have the exact same climate as Siberia. I can't think of much else to say about it, its not the most interesting city in the country.

Well if you find it an interesting fact, there should a number of Icelandic descents there in the early 1900's there was a "large" (thousands of people) emigration and Winnipeg was the most popular place to go to.

Only thing we learned about Canada in grade school.

Interesting...so what's the winter like then? Seems like Winnipeg is still on the same latitude as the UK and Ireland, i.e. more to the south than Finland.

Now that I look closer...there really aren't that many countries on the same latitude as Finland! :o Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Alaska (US) and Northern Canada...wow! No wonder people get surprised by the winters in here!

I can tell you know that you get far more colder winters than here, -10 Celsius are the coldest days during winter, at least in the capital area.

I'm pretty sure that Reykjavik holds that title.

100% Irish. And not those silly city folk, I'm from the true farmer heritage. Grassy, green fields and smelly cows :p

The land of the Tayto!

100% Irish. And not those silly city folk, I'm from the true farmer heritage. Grassy, green fields and smelly cows :p

The land of the Tayto!

There's a grassy, green field with smelly cows in it directly across from my family home :p We also have potholes!

Wtf? On a normal winter, the coldest days in here are about -25 to -30! :o Is it the volcanic activity or the island location, which keeps you guys so much warmer?

And the gulf stream I guess. Most, or quite a lot, of the Norwegian coast has milder winters than say Oslo, even though it's a lot farther south, but it's on the east side away from the ocean. Like Reykjavik, roughly on the same latitude where I live, it's only get as low as -10 here too.

No it isn't.

Reykjavík or Nuuk, depending on if you're after an independant nation or constituent country.

Portuguese representation, here! Not Lisbon, I'm from (the much superior :grin:) Porto

*sigh* I remember when we had 4-5 Portuguese regulars around here. Not it's just me and Oxi_Waste.

I'm part of this group. Except I'm from Lisbon. Oh yes. ^_^

*inhales deeply inward* :o

I didn't know any Egyptians were on N-E! It's where Rami Malek is from :love: :love: :love:

Although, in fairness, I've had an obsession of Egypt since I was about 7.

I think it was due to those Mummy movies. *pointless tangent*