Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

God, can people stop even reading my post - If I were actually asked to plot a Jurassic Park movie, I would spend e'ery waking hour for months/years analysing my life and why I do this or that. :p It would end up revolving around Philosoraptor.

And this image. My two favourite things in life combined, Philosoraptor and Showgirls -

show-raptors.jpg

It would star Laura Dern (reprising her role as Dr. Cuntacious or whatever her name was), but never referencing her previous characterisation, you have to deal with the fact 20 years have passed and she's clearly been through a lot. Julianne Moore is also there. And Juliette Lewis, and Juliette Binoche. Just for the jokes. The only main male cast member is Jake Gylenhaal, voicing the leader of the Triceratops..es..who has learned to speak basic english.

It will have an unreliable narrator and a non-linear structure, exploring notions of life, death...extinction vs. our survival, questioning our/the need to survive..fuck...cloning...life..babies (Juliette Lewis' character is 9 months pregnant at the start of the film, though in the year-long time period the film spans we come to realise something happens to the baby off camera. But it's not important.).

There's a 10 minute scene where guest-star Harrison Ford has to tell a mentally broken Julianne Moore that her sister was lost to the Pterodactyls. It's intense.

In the end the film skips 10 years, and we see dinosaur dna merged with human as commonplace, a new servant/slave/worker caste replacing the traditional workforce (hence the Showgirl dino above.).

Yes. This will shine brilliantly.

God, can people stop even reading my post - If I were actually asked to plot a Jurassic Park movie, I would spend e'ery waking hour for months/years analysing my life and why I do this or that. :p It would end up revolving around Philosoraptor.

And this image. My two favourite things in life combined, Philosoraptor and Showgirls -

show-raptors.jpg

It would star Laura Dern (reprising her role as Dr. Cuntacious or whatever her name was), but never referencing her previous characterisation, you have to deal with the fact 20 years have passed and she's clearly been through a lot. Julianne Moore is also there. And Juliette Lewis, and Juliette Binoche. Just for the jokes. The only main male cast member is Jake Gylenhaal, voicing the leader of the Triceratops..es..who has learned to speak basic english.

It will have an unreliable narrator and a non-linear structure, exploring notions of life, death...extinction vs. our survival, questioning our/the need to survive..fuck...cloning...life..babies (Juliette Lewis' character is 9 months pregnant at the start of the film, though in the year-long time period the film spans we come to realise something happens to the baby off camera. But it's not important.).

There's a 10 minute scene where guest-star Harrison Ford has to tell a mentally broken Julianne Moore that her sister was lost to the Pterodactyls. It's intense.

In the end the film skips 10 years, and we see dinosaur dna merged with human as commonplace, a new servant/slave/worker caste replacing the traditional workforce (hence the Showgirl dino above.).

Yes. This will shine brilliantly.

Well you can ring up Michael K. Williams then, he was ecstatic about being cast when I spoke to him yesterday.

P.S. Read Super Dinosaur.

I heard Salt was pretty good (from reliable sources). I need to see it.

Only just read this and I need to say,

NO.

Salt is an awful film. Absolutely awful. I never really have an issue with plot holes (I like Tron ffs). Salt had more holes in it than Sonny had at the end of The Godfather.

No Country For Old Men is directed by the Coens, but There Will Be Lolz, is not.

And yes....No Country is awesome. There Will Be Blood is on my to do list. I can't believe they showed it on a plane. I tried but within 2 minutes or so I was like "Yeah this isn't happening".

9 as in the animation with the rag dolls?

I watched that and thought it wasn't very good, storywise. Didn't feel connected to any of the characters, and it kinda dragged on.

I'm currently watching Stardust. Bit of a weird film, but I like it haha. It's made me laugh a few times. Thought it would be a crappy fantasy film but I'm enjoying it. =P

I'm currently watching Stardust. Bit of a weird film, but I like it haha. It's made me laugh a few times. Thought it would be a crappy fantasy film but I'm enjoying it. =P

I love how it's just such a funny and pretty non-serious fantasy film that just plays around with the fantastic elements. Plus it's sweet. :)

I love how it's just such a funny and pretty non-serious fantasy film that just plays around with the fantastic elements. Plus it's sweet. :)

Yeah I liked how it didn't take itself too serious haha. Was good, nice surprise. I like it when films turn out better than you were expecting (I was expecting crap but had nothing else to do tonight). So whoo!

No Country For Old Men feels like a real movie you want to watch [exhilarating etc] where There Will Be Blood feels more like "... That was good *does something else with my life*"

The general critical consensus, with which I very much agree, even though I usually don't at all is that There Will Be Blood is the best movie of the 2000-2010 decade. And I agree. Completely.

It's just ridiculously good. It haunted me for months.