NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Will probably look something like this.

Once_Upon_a_Time..._Life.jpg

Was an awesome programme.

I love that show. Surprisingly high in scientific detail!

There is a thread about James Franco's Gay Old Time With Apes :heh:

yes, dear.

/season 9 friends reference. :)

Gah, I really have to go and see it now. More and more people keep saying its good...

I love that poster, Coolness. Very Planet of the Apes-y.

Yeah it is a good romp. :grin:

...and I love all the other planet of the ape films. Will buy all on Blu-ray.

accept/except Tim Burtons one because his one sucks the balls. :heh:

I've clearly had a brain fart -- Bad Taste is the spiritual precursor to Braindead :P Low-budget, more mad, great fun.

badtaste3.jpg

Great film! :D

The ending is mental. Didn't realise that Derek was Peter Jackson the whole way through. Everyone knows Peter Jacksons greatest movie is Meet The Feebles though. :p

Date Night

Date_Night_11.jpg

Stupid film. Too short. I enjoyed parts. The cameos of James Franco/Mila Kunis were most welcome. Tina Fey and Steve Carrell made it watchable.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in the IMAX.

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-1-bellatrix-lestrange.jpg

Treated my dad to it. :D It's the best way too see the film. It made it feel more epic despite its shortcomings still existing.

Gringotts scene is so perfect. Best thing in the movie. :grin:

I didn't want to re-live the saddest moment when Bellatrix dies. :(

EDIT: Neville needs to relax and go to bed. No one wants him here. The blood effects on the side of his face was annoying me as it looked very stuck on like Eastenders level of blood design.

Edited by Coolness Bears

Saw Grave Of The Fireflies last night. Incredibly powerful film, and hard to watch at times. Was with London Girl who has seen it a few times before and it still caught her (and me) up. Surprisingly emotional watching.. made harder by the fact that you know that sort of thing actually happened during the war. But it was very well made. Great.

Saw Grave Of The Fireflies last night. Incredibly powerful film, and hard to watch at times. Was with London Girl who has seen it a few times before and it still caught her (and me) up. Surprisingly emotional watching.. made harder by the fact that you know that sort of thing actually happened during the war. But it was very well made. Great.

As an online reviewer so well put it: "The best movie I never want to see again."

Grave of the Fireflies is great! Seen it a few times and it still makes me cry again and again. It's so sad, but I love the film, it's just great the way the story is told.

The 1% chance it could be beautiful is what he's hanging on to, Oddy. Don't crush his dreams already :(

The 1% chance it could be beautiful is what he's hanging on to, Oddy. Don't crush his dreams already :(

99% dreadful, 0.99% mediocre, 0.01% good.

99% chance this will be dreadful.

99% chance God does not exist. Doesn't stop those darn religions.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

In fairness fairly few religions believe in God. A lot more believe in other deities.

In fairness fairly few religions believe in God. A lot more believe in other deities.

Substitute "God" for your chosen deity.

Unnecessary pitchforking aside..

Watched Murder by Death last night - a 70's murder mystery parody/pastiche, with dozens of homages to all sorts of classic detective dramas you may've seen; poirot, ms marples, sam spade and charlie chan. A whodunnit with a twist - the murder hasn't happened yet, and can the world's 5 greatest detectices (and their plus-ones) solve it? Including a mute maid and a blind butler, set in a mansion owned by one who has a touch for the melodramatic flare, there's some slapstick, observational and witty humour that helps take the piss out of everything and everyone involved.

The movie boasts an all-star cast; capote, sellars, alec guiness, david niven and peter falk.

A light-hearted chuckle at the genre, certainly worth a look if you like your murder mysteries.

Star Wars Blu-Rays

http://uk.bluray.ign.com/articles/119/1191850p1.html

So About Those Changes on the Star Wars Blu-rays... Rumors confirmed. Cue the fan rage.

The first change we heard about was the replacement of Puppet Yoda in Phantom Menace with CGI Yoda. There was some grumbling here and there, but a lot of fans came to terms with that because, for one thing, the digital version looks a lot better and for another it's Phantom Menace, and perhaps the nostalgia factor isn't as great. But now that there's word of George Lucas messing with the original trilogy, fans are raging all over the Internet.

Three changes in particular have surfaced in the past few days. One involves blinking Ewoks. Yes, it is possible to care greatly about blinking Ewoks (and I'm sure some of you will tell us all about it in the comments). Another involves Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon Call in A New Hope. This is something that's been changed before, although this particular incarnation of it is new. Here's a clip from YouTube featuring the leaked audio synced up with the image:

The previous two are minor changes, although some fans will certainly be upset. But most obvious change presents a more significant character moment in a new light. According to a leaked clip from Return of the Jedi now posted on YouTube, Darth Vader verbally protests the Emperor's attack on Luke with an audible, "No. Nooooooo!" You can see it in this scene (uploaded by the same YouTube account):

The rumors have now been confirmed by none other than the New York Times.

Before we knew the specifics of the changes, IGN spoke with Skywalker Sound's Matthew Wood, who downplayed the alterations as historically typical of Lucas' approach to the films.

"Every time we watch the movies he's got something he wants to change," Wood said. "And so there's obviously changes done to the films, visually as well as audio-wise. So there are some changes in the Blu-ray version that you'll have to find. [Laughs] That's always fun. It's funny because we meticulously put it all together like, 'Here's where it was.' And then he'll update it."

Wood wouldn't reveal any of the audio changes to us, but he did hint that some of them go back to the original script. " I mean we're talking super subtle like a footstep here and there or a couple of lines of dialogue, or maybe some background stuff that we would basically go in and just re-perform or get an approximate sound. But very, very, very small subtle stuff."

According to Wood, some of the lines were even re-recorded. "Just little comments here and there that were production lines that might not have been used or changes. But they're all very subtle little things that people will find."

Turns out, they've already been found, and fans have a different definition of the term "subtle."

Obi Wan now sounds like Michael Jackson! :p

I don't really mind the "No... NOOOOOOOO!"

It fits in fine, it's just a bit lame that it's an almost copy and paste.

Edited by Retro_Link

Anyone know if that "Friends with Benefits" film with That 70's Show girl and was-a-crappy-singer-but-became-a-crappy-actor dude is any good?

Got invited to go watch it with a friend, but it's not exactly a film I would normally go to. But then I'm a bit tired of sitting at home so yeah... It's a bit expensive though since it's the avant-premiere... but there's goodie bags involved so urgh, I don't know.

You say there are goodie bags? I fail to see the dilemma. :heh:

Yeah but I'd be paying about €13 to go see this film, when normally the film costs about €8.5. So basically I'm paying for that goodie bag, and I don't even know what'll be in there. Probably stuff like tampons and the like, as it's a "Ladies at the Movies" thing. =P

Yeah but I'd be paying about €13 to go see this film, when normally the film costs about €8.5. So basically I'm paying for that goodie bag, and I don't even know what'll be in there. Probably stuff like tampons and the like, as it's a "Ladies at the Movies" thing. =P
Not sure many promoters would be targeting the glamourous 'periods' market when promoting their movie! :p

I'd hope 'Ladies at the Movies' would atleast be going a bit glitzy, with something like a crappy lipstick/nail varnish that isn't your colour.

Anyone know if that "Friends with Benefits" film with That 70's Show girl and was-a-crappy-singer-but-became-a-crappy-actor dude is any good?

Got invited to go watch it with a friend, but it's not exactly a film I would normally go to. But then I'm a bit tired of sitting at home so yeah... It's a bit expensive though since it's the avant-premiere... but there's goodie bags involved so urgh, I don't know.

Excuse me princess!?

I've heard its better than your average romcom.

Justin Timberlake is an ok actor, he was good in Social Network and I read he's good in FWB.

I watched No Strings Attached the other day, really dull/exactly what you expect. I get the impression FWB is the same story but done better.