N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dannyboy, if you want to prove your towniness, kill Nintendohnut tonight (assuming he's not lynched by then). Otherwise you get lynched tomorrow. Since the vigilante's job is to take out neutrals that we shouldn't waste our time lynching.

I have no idea why you haven't killed Smeagol yet, to be honest.

Well no, that's not going to happen. You clearly haven't been reading the thread. Nice to know the person leading my lynch doesn't actually know what my power is, eh?

How about instead of all this circling around me, we actually make an effort to find Angus? It seems like this entire day has been wasted so far with people asking me questions, rather than asking questions that would help find the person who has actually killed on numerous occasions. Yes, there is no solid information, but as chair has said many times, this game is about more than just solid info - you have to go off behavior as well. Currently only mine is being analyzed, and it's diverting all the attention from anyone else.

Chair, what have you done on previous nights. Didn't you say you could enhance powers? Who have you targeted so far? In theory they can back you up as they will have been enhanced, right?

I targeted Tales first night, but he was alread asleep. Targeted Cube 2nd and 3rd, FLink 4th and Diageo last.

----

Regardless, one of you [Dannyboy/Nintendohnut] should probably kill Smeagol at some point. Otherwise we all lose, and it will be really pointless for everyone involved.

Calling bullshit on night 1. Just wake him up. Him being asleep means that he didn't do anything that night, not that he cannot be targeted.

Has Cube reported effects for two nights? I remember him saying his blindness cure only lasted for 1 night. Can Flink back up your enhancement from before? And any proof of a Diageo boost?

If night 1 was the case, can Tales explain why he was untargetable?

Calling bullshit on night 1. Just wake him up. Him being asleep means that he didn't do anything that night, not that he cannot be targeted.

I literally just did a double-take/"What more do you want from me?"/"Why are you being the most irrelevent thing in my life" hand gesture in the middle of the IT lab. Lol.

It's just like... I don't know, I don't write the flavour text, ask Jonnas.

PEOPLE. READ Nintendohnut's posts. Everything about them scream mafia. Why would a townie ever post like that?

Its not that I don't understand your post. I do. It's just that your reasons for voting for me (being neutral, ability to kill) I have already explained are no threat to the town. Yes I have a kill ability, but if I use it, I die. So why would I ever use it? You're saying things like 'you could be biding your time', but as I've said, if someone finds Angus he'll be lynched, so I can never get him anyway. What alignment do YOU think I am, then? Evil? As I said, I haven't killed yet and I'm clearly not Angus, so how could I be evil?

Ok, I'll allow the second part, I'm stealing quick half glances whilst at work and was working off the quoted post, my bad.

Still, mafia games ARE inevitably, somewhat personal against you as a person in a game. Everybody always references old mafias, playstyles, old tricks etc in every mafia I've been in(something that originally irked me, but I've ended up doing myself). I KNOW you're good, too, which is why I don't trust you. Yeah, that's a personal you right there.

As for the bit of your post I've left quoted here, it's all conditional on assuming what you say is the truth. You'll die if you use your kill? Not neccessarily. Angus will get lynched if he's revealed? Not neccessarily. If you can't get him anyway and your role is truly that broken, well, I find it hard to believe but best err on the side of caution and rid ourselves of you. How could you be evil if you haven't killed yet and you're not Angus? There's lot of other evil people in this game fulfilling both those criteria. Clearly not Angus? It's not clear. If you're actually evil, you could well have assumed his mask last night. Let's not forget last game Danny was, essentially, everything you are now, with a similar story.

Also ReZ, you ignored one of my posts earlier.

I literally just did a double-take/"What more do you want from me?"/"Why are you being the most irrelevent thing in my life" hand gesture in the middle of the IT lab. Lol.

It's just like... I don't know, I don't write the flavour text, ask Jonnas.

Hmm. So what you're saying is you can't prove it, and Tales is apparently untargetable.

PEOPLE. READ Nintendohnut's posts. Everything about them scream mafia. Why would a townie ever post like that?

Just want to confirm that you really think I'm a mafia member. Just so at the end of the game/when I'm lynched I can post I told you so in massive letters.

To be fair, I could have written the exact same words about you chair, and it would still apply. It's also massively ironic that you're telling people to read my posts when you clearly haven't (telling Danny to kill me etc)

Has Cube reported effects for two nights? I remember him saying his blindness cure only lasted for 1 night. Can Flink back up your enhancement from before? And any proof of a Diageo boost?

If night 1 was the case, can Tales explain why he was untargetable?

I don't know why. That's new information to me and has likely nothing to do from my side. I do sleep though, that's how I get my information. I don't think it should make me untargetable, that doesn't make sense. Unless I locked the door or something.

What does Chairdriver do?

Rummy - your points are fair enough, but if you look at it from my point of view (and assume I'm telling the truth etc etc ) there's little else I can say. I've told the truth, and from my point of view everything I've said is logical. I know that everything I've said is the case, and I find it very unlikely that if the town found Angus in a day phase he wouldn't be lynched. It's possible, of course, but just totally unlikely. I can't kill anyone else as I will instantly be recognized in the write-up, and people don't exactly need another reason to vote for me.

However, the only point I'll definitely argue with is the one about me taking Angus' mask last night. I literally cannot be Angus - I protected myself with traps last night (as Ellmeister confirmed) and Angus killed.

And why doesn't his posts doublemerge?

I can't kill anyone else as I will instantly be recognized in the write-up, and people don't exactly need another reason to vote for me.

Again, I want to state that this is unproven. It might as well be a lie to make us believe you're telling the truth about not killing.

Right then this is for Diageo:

Night 1: Targetted myself > No one targeted me.

Night 2: Targetted Dannyboy > He was targeted by Smeagol who was unable to act.

Night 3: Targetted Dazz to see his target > I was roleblocked.

Night 4: Targetted Tales to see his target > He targetted no one.

Night 5: Forgot to send in target >.> Would have targetted myself to see who targetted me.

So there i am out in the open, you can guess what i do now thanks for making me post it all. :/

I am same as you, town. I have not being posting alot because to be honest with you the day phases are so long and their is 10+ pages at a time to catch up on that it gets very very long winded. I just read all 50 odd pages of this thread and can see no viable reason to not:

Vote Nintendohnut

They guy can kill and is neutral. We should all remember the lesson learnt in SSBB, neutral killers win games!

And has Cube been confirmed good?/What does Cube do?

I haven't been confirmed as good, but I'm the same character as in the first game who is forever loyal to the Queen.

Chair, my power wasn't improved on night 3. Perhaps you were roleblocked.

Chair, I've alwasy disagreed with your playstyle, but now it's getting serious. I do not believe in immediately getting rid of neutrals just like that since I can sympathise with them, especially since generally only half of them are actually against the town. Thus I wholeheartedly dislike your ultimatum that I need to kill Dohnut or Sméagol to prove my townieness when I don't see the former as an immediate threat to the town and the latter isn't even necessarily neutral. If Sméagol turns out to be good, how is that going to make me look?

If people want to take this as proof that I'm not on the town's side, then so be it. I'm not going to stand for ultimatums that go against my values just to prove to suspicious people that I'm on their side.

Besides, need I remind you how often you've popped in, said "He's blatantly mafia," only to be wrong? Basically I neither agree your attitude nor trust your judgement.

Also, I have to agree with Dohnut (whom I'm still very much in the fence about): Most of this day has been spent going after Dohnut and me. Do we really have no clues about ACTUAL mafiosos? Even if we consider Dohnut a threat to the town, isn't he more of an asset to us for now? Basically I'm just annoyed that we're spending all our time looking at a neutral (and a good) with the same arguments being repeated over and over - and often being misunderstood.