N-Europe

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

ReZourceman

He knows what a SIM card is. =P

Danny: just use your own phone, but make sure beforehand that you can use it abroad. You won't get free texting abroad most likely (I never did when I had free texts). My texts cost €0.45 to/in the UK.

It's best to just put the land code in front of the number, that way you can be sure that it will work. Just put 0044/+44 in front of the number.

You should be fine with a few texts, just use it when you need to find where the place is I guess. Or to meet up in a specific spot (like the entrance to Hyde Park).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, just realised I need to renew my 16-25 railcard before this shit goes down, will do so tonight.

Why can't danny use his phone, exactly? Though I agree with Eenuh check prices etc before hand, when I was in america it cost me like 30p just to recieve a message!

Why can't danny use his phone, exactly? Though I agree with Eenuh check prices etc before hand, when I was in america it cost me like 30p just to recieve a message!

It should be fine, as long as the phone is able to work in the UK there shouldn't be any issues.

Aye, need a bed as well.

Had all my shifts from work, and because July is a busy period for credits (deadline is 31st July for those claiming and have yet to renew, you never know. You may get me on the phone) they have turned around and cancelled my leave. Saying they need everyone in to man the phones. They said there is no chance of being allowed to go, and if i do go then i face a disciplinary.

So, with that said. I'm still coming to London that weekend, sod them to be fair. All this messing around after i had confirmation of being allowed to go and i can't be asked no more. I'll take the disiplinary when i get back

It should be fine, as long as the phone is able to work in the UK there shouldn't be any issues.

Yeah to be fair it sounds to have been agreed as part of your employment, they won't have much to stand on in that case I think.

Boss might bum you when no one's looking, though.

What kind of thing are you thinking of, at least? I mean, I'm wondering if I'd get in on the hotel-based action, depending on whether you were hitting up places with extreme-budgets, close to the meet, luxury, shared accommodation, hostel... etc etc.

Not sure if I'd be able to make it that early.

My stepsister is getting married on the 15th which makes things complicated. I was expecting to be in London for Uni but now I have this wedding to go to, I'll have to stay in Swindon. I have to go to Ealing a few times a year for my course but now I have to see if I can come in on another date and book the new weekend off work while keeping the original weekend booked off for the meet!

I haven't had a chance to sort any of the above out fully yet (been really hectic at work because of refurbishings and brand changing), so don't put me down for the hotel :( not sure if I'll have the Sunday off. If I do get it off I'll still be around in London anyway so can meet up for happenings of the sexual variety.

There's a 6-person (or a 5-person) room in a place called Kensington West. It's 2-star but it works out at around £25 each. About 20-30 min walk from Hyde Park.

This sounds basically perfect. Shorty, you'd be welcome in on the action.

Cube...when you say 5 or 6, is that two separate things? Link mehhh.