NEurope
Dan_Dare

April Fools Day on The Interwebz

Mike, your school sounds awesome.

I was april fooled reading The Sun.

People read The Sun?

People read The Sun?

I didn't think anyone read that piece of scum either.

My dad buys it.

And despite what people say and whatever silly/political views it may put across to its readers, it is an EXTREMELY well put together and effective tabloid with some of the best journalists in the business.

An old school friend on my facebook got fooled into believing Wenger got sacked and started giving it the big one. Hilarity ensued.

Kelvin McKenzie is an idiot. And he's got nothing to do with The Sun anymore.

I'm not saying I agree with everything The Sun says and does, far from it. But as a tabloid newspaper, catering to its audience, it is very very effective and miles better than its competitors (The Mirror and The Star). People are quick to say it's a crap paper because it is a tabloid. But it is very good at what it does, and as a journalist, to be able to write and cut down stories in the way that Sun writers and sub-editors do, is very talented. Its politics may be dodgy at time. But it is a populist paper. It goes with whatever the majority view is.

Anyway, sorry about that, back to April Fools!

I'm not saying I agree with everything The Sun says and does, far from it. But as a tabloid newspaper, catering to its audience, it is very very effective and miles better than its competitors (The Mirror and The Star). People are quick to say it's a crap paper because it is a tabloid. But it is very good at what it does, and as a journalist, to be able to write and cut down stories in the way that Sun writers and sub-editors do, is very talented. Its politics may be dodgy at time. But it is a populist paper. It goes with whatever the majority view is.

Anyway, sorry about that, back to April Fools!

You mean that wasn't an April fools?

Mike, your school sounds awesome.

People read The Sun?

I didn't think anyone read that piece of scum either.

Actually it's the best selling newspaper in the country.

And that's not an April fools.

I'm particularly proud of my one this year :p

Its kind of a shame I wasn't at uni this morning, but then I spent all other days fooling this one guy in particular so its not like it really makes a difference.

Anyone see the one on xbox live, they basically had a preview of a game called Dragon Rally, Obviously a april fool but I wish it was true!!!

I'm particularly proud of my one this year :p

Its kind of a shame I wasn't at uni this morning, but then I spent all other days fooling this one guy in particular so its not like it really makes a difference.

you mean on here? Lame compared to previous years if I'm honest...

Was it a racing game on Dragons? I'm already hooked!

Not quite, it was a rally game where dragons came and flew around in front of you, not as good as your idea.

EDIT: Is hankamodo Rez?

My girlfriend told me she was pregnant, not funny.

My boss' pregnant wife texted him telling that she was having contractions and was going to hospital. He was not pleased.

My boss' pregnant wife texted him telling that she was having contractions and was going to hospital. He was not pleased.

I'll bet, women can be so cruel sometimes.

you mean on here? Lame compared to previous years if I'm honest...

I meant my one for the site: http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15224

The Digimon thing was a little joke raised on Thursday night. Last year's was a long time in the making.

I thought the Digimon board was a good one. I laughed. :heh:

My April Fools Joke wasn't as good as Mike's, but it also involved my class. I came into the room after break-time and pretended (very subtly) that I had some issue with my left eye. I told them that I must have lost my contact lens on the field at break, and that we need to go and look for it, or else I wouldn't be able to drive home.

So, there they were on the field. On their hands and knees, looking for a contact lens. My excuse for not helping out was that I was allergic to that particular strain (lol) of grass. (again, not true).

When the class were putting their shoes on to go out, I had changed the time on the clock and moved it forward. So, when I told them to come inside, it appeared as if we'd been out there for a long time and it was now dinner-time. We walked down to the hall, and the cook is a good laugh, we joke around a lot. I asked him to give me something pretty crap I could give them. So, he gave me one plate and a slice of bread for each of them and told me to give them that.

The look on their faces was priceless. I told them that because it was the last day of term, we'd ran out of food due to shoddy planning on the school's part, and that the remaining food had to be kept for the bigger children.

Then, I marched them back down the corridor, with their bread in their hands, and we continued to look for that lens. :laughing:

I came clean in the end. This emoticon sums up their reactions: :nono:

My boss and the photography manager were out on a shoot in the morning.

They rang up and said that the van they were using was stuck in a ditch. No one believed them. They weren't joking. Fools.

Maddox goes snap happy:

http://maddox.xmission.com/

It's worrying that he's surprisingly good at photography.

photoblog019.jpg

"Normally, not art, but turn on the "macro" setting, and BAM! Fuck you, Ansel Adams." I lolled.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost